Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3196 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #53911
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
On another topic, I'm always disappointed when someone starts a post with "Guys! Guys!" or, er , excuse me, I guess I mean "Gaiz! Gaiz!" I can't help but think that exciting intro is leading into something like, "I just fell in love!" or "I just landed my dream job!" But no. It's usually followed by something like "I'm eating a baked potato!" or "I just had someone hand me urine soaked books!" I can't help but feel let down.
If someone opens a conversation with 'Guys, guys! Someone just handed me urine-soaked books!' and they SOUND excited about it, you should never feel let down. If anything you should feel concerned.
I will arbitrarily read anything that begins with 'guys, guys' with an enthusiastic tone. Why can't I stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I remember when Facebook first got really popular (OLD MAN EMMERS) and the biggest complaint was people not knowing when to shut the hell up and it was full of people talking about their super great turkey sandwich.[/i]
But it's okay, now. We have twitter for that.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #53912
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
And as long as we are confessing, I'm also not interested in how tired people are.
GAIZ GAIZ.

I'm really super tired, for some reason those few 30 minutes of karting around (Uh, spinning out 4 times and going in the tires once --- I'm a dangerous risk taker and apparently quite annoying to overtake --- so my colleagues tell me).

Yep, I just don't know how to do this "irony" thing.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #53913
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
GAIZ GAIZ.

I'm really super tired, for some reason those few 30 minutes of karting around (Uh, spinning out 4 times and going in the tires once --- I'm a dangerous risk taker and apparently quite annoying to overtake --- so my colleagues tell me).

But what were you eating?

Karting like go-karts?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #53914
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
If you put the emphasis on the first four letters then any type of steel'll fit.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #53915
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
If you put the emphasis on the first four letters then any type of steel'll fit.
If you set it too high though, you'll melt synthetics.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #53916
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
But what were you eating?

Karting like go-karts?
Uh, an apple before going, than a greasy poutine on the way back, which is likely the reason for the whole tired thing.

And yes, I had forgotten just how damned fun this was after all those years. It was only 2 races of 15 minutes, but SO DAMN FUN. Trying to take corners properly while not giving the chance for the people behind you to pass by as well as maintaining your speed.

Go-karts don't actually go that fast, but they felt waaaayyy faster than the car ride back home for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Sorry, I put no points in blacksmithing (Or whatever name metal-working bears in this RPG we call life).
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #53917
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
And yes, I had forgotten just how damned fun this was after all those years. It was only 2 races of 15 minutes, but SO DAMN FUN. Trying to take corners properly while not giving the chance for the people behind you to pass by as well as maintaining your speed.

Go-karts don't actually go that fast, but they felt waaaayyy faster than the car ride back home for sure!
Haven't done it in years but remember it being really fun. I also love bumper cars (which I've done more recently) because crashing into things is awesome!

Quote:
Sorry, I put no points in blacksmithing (Or whatever name metal-working bears in this RPG we call life).
Making traps and potions is also pretty dull. I'd rather just whack stuff with a sword.
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #53918
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Personally, I think they made the lockpicking and hacking minigames too complicated for most people to bother. Magic needs buffing as well.

Quote:
Well just for the record; "irony" is a valid way of saying "contains iron" in metallurgy, but it's pronounced "iron-ee" rather than "i-ron-ee". Explaining my jokes makes me feel dirty.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #53919
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Well it looks like Boyfriend and I will not be attending Artist Alley this year at Youmacon :\

Artist Alley was suppose to open up like..4 months ago? After A-Cen in the summer. But like usual, Youmacon fucks it all up and just today announced registration for AA is up tonight/now. It's $170 for the cost of the table and our two badges. No way we can throw that away when move-in for us is within the next week or two when we have to pay first months rent up front.

I am so frustrated with Youmacon reg because if they had just had this set and ready MONTHS ago like they advertised then we could have afford it back then and recovered that money by now without a problem.

Youmacon would have been a really good opportunity to not only make some money that we'd really be thankful for but to market ourselves and get customers down the road from the publicity we'd get in the Artist Alley. So us not being able to go means we're loosing several hundred dollars, and possible sales brought on from being noticed at the convention.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #53920
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Haven't done it in years but remember it being really fun. I also love bumper cars (which I've done more recently) because crashing into things is awesome!
I liked the bumper cars as a kid, just not when I would be unlucky enough to get a car that didn't work.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #53921
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
And as long as we are confessing, I'm also not interested in how tired people are. I mean, everyone is free to post whatever they want of course. I just have a hard time thinking of any kind of interesting response to those kinds of things.
Man if i told people everytime I felt tired I'd never shut the hell up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #53922
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Youmacon
You know, you're not the first person I've heard have complains of this kind.
A person I know was having an extremely difficult time with press registration, to the point where she had a giant wall of text voicing all of her complaints..
The staff seems rather uncooperative....
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #53923
Lithium Flower
Handphones

At the last minute Brandon and I where able to get a table with the assistance of my own mother who offered to help for us.

I am really shocked and don't know what to say for her helping us out. But this year Boyfriend and I will be back at Youmacon selling in the artist alley under 'Tedbob VS Drawberry INC'

Boyfriend and I co-wrote this little thread on the Youmacon forums about the complete nonsense that was sign up this year and it was met with nothing but agreement from other attendees. Some of whom may not be getting a table because of it.

We're both so so happy to be able to go this year, the money we make can really help us and my mother's amazing generousness and support in helping and supporting me in pursuing the arts is outstanding. She refused to let Boyfriend pay her back no matter what he said.

@Sakura-From what we gather is there's a lot of 'office politics' going on and the lady representative has been just as angry with this as we have and was doing her best to keep everyone updated but the higher ups just weren't helping her. No one is blaming her, or the head of Youma, but we're all upset and expressing that something needs to change and NOW.

Apparently some people who signed up after Boyfriend and I did where getting notices on their registration page that they may not have a table now and we have to pay UP FRONT at the reg page so people are very upset.

Honestly Boyfriend and I barely seemed to have made it in with a table and only because my mother is fronting us money for it. Very few people are as lucky as I am to have a parent who's so supportive and wants to help like my mom did, and a lot of people are furious.

Boyfriend and I got our registration confirmations so we know we're in, but other people seem to be getting a wishy-washy response on their reg confirmation pages.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 08-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #53924
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I'm watching the Texans vs. Saints game on TV.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #53925
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

First off I'm sorry about all the bullshit you're dealing with, with Youmacon.

Second off I cannot believe there are Good Charlotte gifs on the internet....
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote