Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3186 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #54721
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Pop culturally, I've given up on you.

And I'm not a fanboy -- I'm a fanman.

"I'm not a fanman...I'm a fan,man."

Bastardized hip-hop reference monthly quota reach, good job everyone. FYI Sam Vimes' (Mr. Vimes if you're nasty") hate is jusified, and if Fullbleed were here, I'm sure he would be full of cinema-hipster rage as well.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #54722
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post

"I'm not a fanman...I'm a fan,man."

Bastardized hip-hop reference monthly quota reach, good job everyone. FYI Sam Vimes' (Mr. Vimes if you're nasty") hate is jusified, and if Fullbleed were here, I'm sure he would be full of cinema-hipster rage as well.
I'll use this opportunity to admit that not only haven't I see it, but the only "Arnuld" movies I've seen are The Terminator 1 and 2, Predator and Commando (the latter of which I only saw for the first time a few days ago).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #54723
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I'll use this opportunity to admit that not only haven't I see it, but the only "Arnuld" movies I've seen are The Terminator 1 and 2, Predator and Commando (the latter of which I only saw for the first time a few days ago).
That's fine. If you're looking to catch up on your Schwarzenegger, you can skip both Raw Deal and Last Action Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #54724
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

I've never watched Total Recall, due to my all-consuming and not entirely rational hatred of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #54725
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Quote:
That's fine. If you're looking to catch up on your Schwarzenegger, you can skip both Raw Deal and Last Action Hero.
Also "End of Days", "The 6th Day" and "Terminator 3" are skippable, unless you hate yourself. I'll throw "Conan The Barbarian" & "True Lies" on the pile of Arnuld movies you should see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
I've never watched Total Recall, due to my all-consuming and not entirely rational hatred of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
RACIST!(???)

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #54726
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
If it helps; his parents were members of the Nazi party.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #54727
sunseenli

Quote:
RACIST!(???)
Self-hating racist; I'm 1/4 Austrian myself. I do admit that's part of it.

Quote:
Can't fault him for that (unless they chose to join willingly, and even then, the sins of the father and all that jazz), especially since my own beloved grandfather fought (unwillingly) for the wrong side.

No, it's just...look, I'm an American. Born and raised. Third generation--both of my grandmothers were born here. Shoot, even Grandpa was born on American soil, they just moved back when he was 2 years old and he was raised over there. So I'm not REALLY Austrian--but I've been there, and it's gorgeous, and it just BUGS! ME! That when people think of "Austria", they don't think of Mozart or of Empress Sissi or any of the other talented and beautiful and amazing people that country has produced. They think of mother-%@#$ing ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER. Or Hitler. Schwarzenegger, and Hitler. That poor country's claims to fame.

Also? I don't even think that accent is real. None of the members of that branch of my family sound ANYTHING like that. So there's that.
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #54728
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
It's kinda funny that electing a foreign born actor is cool (with family ties to the Nazi party), but Obama still has people who are shifty over his birth certificate.

CRAY CRAY.

I made like, the best omelette ever. I got the recipe from this adorable Asian woman.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #54729
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
And I'm not a fanboy -- I'm a fanman.
What's the difference?

---

After reading through the entire thread, I just now noticed Starwind's name has changed. Yay for using avatars as visual cues rather than usernames XD
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #54730
sunseenli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
What's the difference?
Puberty?
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #54731
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
No, it's just...look, I'm an American. Born and raised. Third generation--both of my grandmothers were born here. Shoot, even Grandpa was born on American soil, they just moved back when he was 2 years old and he was raised over there. So I'm not REALLY Austrian--but I've been there, and it's gorgeous, and it just BUGS! ME! That when people think of "Austria", they don't think of Mozart or of Empress Sissi or any of the other talented and beautiful and amazing people that country has produced. They think of mother-%@#$ing ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER. Or Hitler. Schwarzenegger, and Hitler. That poor country's claims to fame.

Also? I don't even think that accent is real. None of the members of that branch of my family sound ANYTHING like that. So there's that.
Was Mozart the Terminator and/or did he fight Sinbad for a child's X-mas gift? No you say?! AUSTRIA'S IS ARNOLD'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM/TO THE CHOPPA!

Also I'm fairly certain that applies to EVERYWHERE. If you ask Tumblr to name a famous British person, I'm fairly certain the answer will be someone from a BBC program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
It's kinda funny that electing a foreign born actor is cool (with family ties to the Nazi party), but Obama still has people who are shifty over his birth certificate.
I wanted to troll-reply with a "Well at least Arnold was honest that he was born outside of the country", but even I'm not that much of a jerk.....when sober.

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #54732
sunseenli

Quote:
Was Mozart the Terminator and/or did he fight Sinbad for a child's X-mas gift? No you say?! AUSTRIA'S IS ARNOLD'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM/TO THE CHOPPA!
Beware the wrath of me good right hand, laddie, I'm a lot stronger than I look.

Quote:
Also I'm fairly certain that applies to EVERYWHERE. If you ask Tumblr to name a famous British person, I'm fairly certain the answer will be someone from a BBC program.
Bullshit. Shakespeare.
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #54733
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Was Mozart the Terminator and/or did he fight Sinbad for a child's X-mas gift?
I enjoyed most of his comedies (often because of his co-stars): Jingle All the Way, Kindergarden Cop, Junior, Twins. I watched Red Sonja. All I can say is that it's no Conan the Barbarian.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #54734
sunseenli

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I enjoyed most of his comedies (often because of his co-stars): Jingle All the Way, Kindergarden Cop, Junior, Twins. I watched Red Sonja. All I can say is that it's no Conan the Barbarian.
...Twins wasn't terrible. But it doesn't need the sequel that's coming out, not even if Eddie Murphy is playing the triplet!
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #54735
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
But it doesn't need the sequel that's coming out, not even if Eddie Murphy is playing the triplet!
O_O I had no idea. Sounds bad.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote