Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #55561
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
So the bar I drink and pass the time at before I hang out with my buddy knows me by name and what I drink.

Oh dear, I'm getting to THAT point.
Here's for you Arc:

Sometimes you wanna go
where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be
where everybody knows
Your name

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #55562
Lithium Flower
Handphones

LUNA. LUNA. DAT HAIRS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Emmers-- Aww, thanks! <3

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of them filing the Le Tigre Long under "medium" either. (I mean, come on, it has long in the name!) Bex really loves her Claudia though, and she took a solid half-hour to braid the thing because she didn't want to mess up the curls. xD

Also, when did you need the wig for, again? Arda's regular ol' ground shipping got my wigs to me in 5 or so days, I believe (Chicago to Maryland).

Also Luna, YOUR HAIR = LOVE.
I need it for Youmacon in November, I live in Michigan. But I think I may have been looking at their international shipping by mistake. Regular mail is around 3-5 days and the priority is 2-3 according to their website.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #55563
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

That 3-5 day thing sounds about right.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #55564
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
@maisheri - *high fives* favourite song?
Late reply is late... and I'm really hard-pressed to choose. Probably between the Twilight Princess movement (since I've been wanting to play it again lately but can't as I lent out my copy when I bought Skyward Sword) and the Gerudo Valley piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I was looking at that Eowyn one the other night, but again it would probably come to around $50 for getting the Eowyn one and around $40 for Claudia. I am not sure if I could flatten the curls out appropriately either :| not very skilled with wig stuff. It looks like someone else was successfulin doing so however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Hot water works pretty nicely!
Since (I believe) all Arda wigs are heat-resistant now (dounble-check!), using a flat iron will almost certainly be faster and more effective than using hot water - I needed to straighten a wig with hot water several years ago and was not happy with the experience or the results. I can't link because I don't have Youtube access right now, but VickyBunnyAngel recently posed a video of straightening an Arda wig with a flat iron that you might find useful.

... Luna's hair is sooo cute!
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #55565
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mentioning wigs, I can't wait to get my Twilight Sparkle base wig. I pre-ordered with Coscom's restocking sale and it shipped out after the two weeks for pre-ordering on Wednesday... currently it's somewhere around Illinois and headed for Canada (where I live, obviously). I think I'll have it by the end of this week or early next week. I've been planning to get the wig for months, and 25% off plus $4 off for my store points was a hell of a deal.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #55566
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Since (I believe) all Arda wigs are heat-resistant now (dounble-check!), using a flat iron will almost certainly be faster and more effective than using hot water - I needed to straighten a wig with hot water several years ago and was not happy with the experience or the results. I can't link because I don't have Youtube access right now, but VickyBunnyAngel recently posed a video of straightening an Arda wig with a flat iron that you might find useful.

... Luna's hair is sooo cute!
Thanks for the video, I found it real quick. If anyone else wants to see it, here it is.

I also didn't know that hot-water could cause frizzing or anything. Because. Wigs. HOW DO THEY WORK.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #55567
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Quote:
I also didn't know that hot-water could cause frizzing or anything. Because. Wigs. HOW DO THEY WORK.
Fuckin' magic, man. Miracles.

Also, employment acquired. God bless the Chinese restaurants of Aroostook, whose workers speak next to no English but tolerate a non-speaking Caucasian like me anyways. But don't bless their work ethic that far outdoes my own while we all work for minimum wage, because everyone I work with displays such amazing skill with the paltry tools they're provided and it depresses me.

#LearningAThirdLanguage
#WhiteGuilt
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #55568
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
From my experience, the frizzing with hot water only happens if you try to comb the wig while it's still wet, because you stretch the fiber. If you let it dry before you comb, you should be fine!

Also yes, I've done the flat iron thing on an Arda wig, and it's wonderful.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #55569
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Here's for you Arc:

Sometimes you wanna go
where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be
where everybody knows
Your name
I only go like, once a week, if that.

Maybe they are just great at costumer service, the bartenders I see at least.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #55570
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I only go like, once a week, if that.

Maybe they are just great at costumer service, the bartenders I see at least.
If you go to any restauraunt/pub/bar regularly enough the staff tends to recognize you. My friend and I are known (though not by name yet) at our neighbourhood sushi place. Sometimes they give me free soup ^_^.

The staff at the Subway by my office recognize me too, but that's more awkward since one guy keeps trying to remember my order (it's the exact same every time I go), but gets it wrong every time.
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #55571
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Thank you everyone!!!

I think I'm having a midlife (or I guess quarter life) crisis. I'm 24 today and feel this overwhelming urge to hide under my covers and play with toys.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #55572
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Thank you everyone!!!

I think I'm having a midlife (or I guess quarter life) crisis. I'm 24 today and feel this overwhelming urge to hide under my covers and play with toys.
Happy Birthday! And if you want to play with your toys, YOU GO AHEAD AND PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS. This is your birthday, do whatever makes you happy!
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #55573
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
From my experience, the frizzing with hot water only happens if you try to comb the wig while it's still wet, because you stretch the fiber. If you let it dry before you comb, you should be fine!

Also yes, I've done the flat iron thing on an Arda wig, and it's wonderful.
I have one Arda wig I got as a last minute resort to a quickly tossed together BB Hood costume I wrangled up from stuff at Salvation Army and Halloween costume pieces. It isn't a bad wig at all, but the light in the dealers hall completely changed the color of it from how it looks in normal day-light. Alas, not their fault. It's a lovely wig anyway.

I haven't ordered from their website in the past, but I do hear wonderful things about them. So if the money happens to come into my possession I may be inclined to make my first online-purchase.

Admittedly I'd feel almost bad flattening such a beautiful curly wig;it's simply gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Thank you everyone!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOUUUUU.

Nothing I could draw you would be as good as Pusheen.
Also hush. I am 23. Rock out with your SailormoonLolitaPokemon lovin' self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
Happy Birthday! And if you want to play with your toys, YOU GO AHEAD AND PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS. This is your birthday, do whatever makes you happy!
BIRTHDAY EVERY DAY FOR EVERYBODY. WOOOOOOOO.

I read way too much rnosleep. I was scared to death in my shower convinced that Slenderman was outside the window.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #55574
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

We had a presentation today during our free period for those thinking about military. They had two men/women from each branch, and when the air force man and air force woman went up, they played "Wild Blue Yonder", and I admit I cried a bit because I was all "that could be me someday" (plus, I'm one of those people that can't help but be proud of our troops)

Last edited by LoliLovely : 09-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #55575
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

I found out that the Haruhi meme pic I made in response to the Facebook Cosplay Purge was posted to 9gag
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote