Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3951 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #55771
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
The past few days I've been getting these sudden burps where it's like I vomit but it doesn't come out and just stays in the back of my throat but I taste the bile as if I did vomit.

I just did that again a minute ago and I was scared it would actually come out.

I have no idea why I am doing this lately and it's freaking me out.
Acid feflux perhaps?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #55772
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

*insert Monty Python joke here*
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #55773
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Sitting next to the gf for...1-2 hours and we haven't said anything to each other due to the fact that we're both playing with our phones ~_~.

Also noticed all the new threads in this forum...

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps

Last edited by Chergnomebyl : 09-20-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #55774
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Acid feflux perhaps?
Thing is, I've NEVER had this before in the past. ever.

And it isn't just like that burning or something that Boyfriend, who has it, describes. It's actual vomit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post

*insert Monty Python joke here*
WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chergnomebyl View Post
Sitting next to the gf for...1-2 hours and we haven't said anything to each other due to the fact that we're both playing with our phones ~_~.

Also noticed all the new threads in this forum...
Boyfriend and I are game maniacs so he can go a few hours barely chattering to each other while he plays xbox and I am like "LOL FARMVILLE GAME TEEHEE"

In other news, lettuce wraps.

Also got this new Lavender black tea.purty good.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #55775
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Thing is, I've NEVER had this before in the past. ever.
I haven't had reflux until I was around 23, then it lasted for a while until I did dietary changes and changed my sleeping position (I can't sleep on my left side anymore, it feels like I'm dying if I lay down that way).

Chances are, it *is* acid reflux --- there isn't much else that gives the sensation you describe.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #55776
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Well sonofabitch.

I ought to start cutting out soda I imagine. Since there isn't really anything else regularly in my diet I can think of. I eat sandwiches most of the time. Sometimes my fun little Japanese meals. Nothing I can think of besides soda that has a lot of acidity to it.

The fruits I eat aren't usually high acid fruits like apples either.

But. Soda. hnnng.

Edit: Looked up heartburn/acid reflux and it could very well be brought on by all the pop I drank as a kid (I used to drink 4 cans or more a day in high school) as well as possibly exacerbated by my recent weight gain.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 09-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #55777
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
I ought to start cutting out soda I imagine.
I thought you cut it out --- but yes, soda is not helping your reflux. A can once in a while with a meal is fine --- but stop buying it. Stopping having a can of 7-u with every meal helped tremendously for me.
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #55778
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Emmers-- maybe ween yourself off using those fruity sparkling water things? You'll still get some carbonation as well as some flavour, but it's not quite as harsh. (Also they're just delicious.)

Re: phones, Mum has been telling me for a year to pick out a smartphone. I'm not interested in the iPhone (I really hate typing on its keyboard, and I have an iPod touch for any apps I could really want anyways), so does anyone have an Android they really like?
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #55779
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I thought you cut it out --- but yes, soda is not helping your reflux. A can once in a while with a meal is fine --- but stop buying it. Stopping having a can of 7-u with every meal helped tremendously for me.
I cut it out before A-Cen but got back to buying it when Brando started hankering for it. We both decided that we'll cut it down to one can a day and when what he already have purchased is gone we wont be buying it, or just buy a single bottle of it once in a while.

There isn't really much else I can think to cut out of my diet. I don't really eat much 'bad' food aside from the occasional special dish I make. Buh. My folks warned me that drinking all that super sugary stuff would bite me in the bottom one day.

Boyfriend has it so bad that when he lays down for bed his breath smells just fucking awful and he burps all the time. I think him finding out that I am getting the reflux too has kinda lit a fire under his butt to get healthier and treat his own reflux.

The one 'bad' thing I refuse to give up is my Boo Berry cereal.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #55780
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
I cut it out before A-Cen but got back to buying it when Brando started hankering for it. We both decided that we'll cut it down to one can a day and when what he already have purchased is gone we wont be buying it, or just buy a single bottle of it once in a while.
A can a day is also a lot --- try replacing it with natural juices. Those can tasty (Though I vouch by orange juice, it's acidic and will likely not help any while you're having reflux) and the majority are good for you.

But seriously, stop buying it. No 2 liters, no 12 packs -- stop. Only consider it if you know the pack is going to last you and Brandon a month. It will do pure magic to your digestion to cut that out --- it made a world of difference to me.

I only drink some of it from time to time now, I had a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper that lasted me 5 weeks (Drinking the last can right now).
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #55781
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

I just stumbled across this review of Borderlands 2.

First I raged, then I started laughing. Then I realised that the author was serious and laughed even harder. He thinks he's a gamer and he thinks he's a journalist at the same time, it's so adorable! ^w^

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #55782
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT.
I dunno, I started killing Stormcloaks and at the end of the battle it was like that.

Bisected: How dare a game make me put any thought process into it, how dare it add an element of adventure, how dare it have depth, and how dare it have it's own certain charm.

If he went to school for journalism I'd laugh even more.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 09-20-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #55783
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I just stumbled across this review of Borderlands 2.
...I feel I've read more of an opinion piece than a review.

Of course, I feel that way about every "review" I read on games. Where the majority of the "points" seem to be a matter of personal taste.
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #55784
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Re: phones, Mum has been telling me for a year to pick out a smartphone. I'm not interested in the iPhone (I really hate typing on its keyboard, and I have an iPod touch for any apps I could really want anyways), so does anyone have an Android they really like?
I have some kind of Motorola Droid with a slide-out keyboard. I haven't had any problems with it to speak of, and it's been fine on the multiple occasions I've dropped it, so I guess I would say I like it. Will probably get another Droid next time I'm up for a new phone; I'd try an iPhone, but they're just so expensive.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #55785
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I have the Droid Incredible 2. I've had it for a little over a year and it's still working for me.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote