Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3811 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #55861
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

There is something slightly terrifying with diving, To me it's quite similar to riding my motorbike.

Being so close to death in a way, completely reliant on a machine that if it fails or I fail to use it properly will almost certainly result in death.

Its a fear that never really goes away for me, even though I'm having the time of my life I still need to repeat in my head "Calm down calm down, don't die."

I'd love to do wreck diving, bit difficult with my current qualification though as most wrecks will be deeper than 18 meters plus theres another course you need to take for it. But I wonder how I'd handle being inside a ship or would it be too claustraphobic? Cave diving terrifies me, getting stuck, I hope wrecks are different but in a way... you are still trapped.

You know how if you're afraid of heights they say don't look down? With me its almost oposite, dont look up cause then I'll see just how far away I am from the surface and the clear air. But not being able to get to the surface at all? I don't want to think about it.

I do love it though. I want learn how to film and take photographs underwater, I want to dive in the red sea and I want to dive with sharks no cage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #55862
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Diving sounds really cool. Like Emmers I'd probably be terrified of doing it myself, but it's just something that I find fascinating because of all the things you can see and do.

I'm getting really tired of the music for Chinese, and all the directions for all the different spots are confusing me. So I'm just going to go early and practice with some of the girls.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #55863
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Diving scares me too but I agree that it would be great to be able to take underwater photographs (:

Stayed up late to finish a book last night...probably shouldn't have done that, I'm still really sleep-deprived. x_x;;

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #55864
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I can't dive in any form. I can hardly even put my head underwater. Since forever I've always been utterly petrified of falling/diving into water that'll go over my head, which meant, combined with not learning how to swim at all until I was 9, I kept and kep the hell away from all waterslides, diving boards, rope swings, deep ends, most waterpark rides/thd waterparks themselves, and absolutely no jumping off docks/rafts or out of boats. Hell, for a long time I wouldn't even go near a lake or whatnot without a lifejacket on (partly at my Mom's insistence, she couldn't and still can't swim.) And I wouldn't go into the water at one pool because it was so deep I could hardly touch bottom in the shallow end. Mom even tried a private instructor to get me the hell in the water and it utterly failed.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #55865
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I'd like to try diving, but I haven't been swimming in nearly a decade (I used to like it, but I hated being cold after getting out of the water....).

Tomorrow I'm going to speak to some people (I've been put in some sort of program to help me find a job) and get some honey for another batch of mead.

In an unrelated matter, replacing the bulb on a light screen is hard. >_<

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #55866
Lithium Flower
Handphones

SPEAKING OF UNDERWATER.

I got my fishies a tank decoration thingy that's like, an archway with little paths through the center they can swim through and it kinda looks like a scene from Blackreach in Skyrim and I put it in there and the fishies all just are staring at it from one side of the tank, occasionally swimming over close but never touching it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #55867
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Meh, tired. The tips of my fingers hurt from sewing nearly straight for two and a half days.

Anime Detour 2014:
ē Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
ēSpider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
ēSpider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #55868
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

I moved back into dorms so I have internet that works at a reasonable speed!! yay!
And I'm sick of two people who I was once friends with here, because I"m tired of the crap they pull. Not yay.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #55869
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
I moved back into dorms so I have internet that works at a reasonable speed!! yay!
And I'm sick of two people who I was once friends with here, because I"m tired of the crap they pull. Not yay.
I was going to make a joke about high-school kids until I remembered you are in college, now I am just sad for you instead.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #55870
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I think this is one of those afternoons where I really just hate people (in general) for being awful.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #55871
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
I think this is one of those afternoons where I really just hate people (in general) for being awful.
Do tell.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #55872
StarsCASSiOPEiA

Just a bunch of really dumb internet comments in a variety of places, really. Why can't people just be nice to each other?

And I'm just in an awful mood to boot, because my mum went absolutely insane and decided the entire unfinished basement needed to be re-organized. There was already a system of labeled bins (that only I use anyways), and her touching any of that stuff always winds up being a catch-22 for me. There's more to it, but it's just a lot of me getting yelled at for no real reason. Sigh.

Said cleaning rampage also screwed up my tea-brewing. And that's just always bad.
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #55873
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm sorry, Stars! *huggle*
...how did it screw up your tea-brewing? D:

Guys. I went into rehearsal knowing the right side and part of the left. Then I'm told my spot is on the left so I spend the next next hour learning and ingraining the left side into my head.
Then she finds out that this one girl is NOT an understudy and another girl is NOT in the dance at all, and then completely rearranges us.
Now I'm on the right, but I know the left.
She immediately tells us to run it again in the new spots, and I'm like ;KJASDF;LAKSJD; WHAT IS THIS

But on the bright side, I'm double casted! Which also has a dull side because I am TIRED.
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #55874
StarsCASSiOPEiA

The tea bag was just in the water way too long and it tastes gross. (But I made more so it's okay.) *huggles back* Now if I could just get over this art block and sketch out a design for that school project, I'd be good.

Yay for you being double-casted though! Hopefully you don't get shuffled around again either!
Unread 09-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #55875
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Oh. Ew. XD
Eeeeeeeeeeh I hate it when that happens! So I just watch anime or something until I've thought of something. Nice shoujo anime or some music or something inspires me.
And thank you! I better not be. :|