Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3195 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #55876
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

My great grandmother passed away from Cancer on Thursday. And it wasn't until about an hour ago it finally hit me. I'm one of those people that so I don't miss people too much, I push memories out until I see photos, hence why I take so many. Today, my Dad made a slideshow for her funeral, and we watched it...I remembered everything. The times I spent with her, how happy and joyful she was, and how she smiled in every picture. I wish I'd appreciated her more, and her company. She was so beautiful, even in her older age. She was always happy, even after her husband killed himself, and still took care of herself and others around her. Last time I visited her, I was 13/14. We got there at about 930pm. It was me, my mother, father, uncle, and grandpa, and we all sat around and watched "Young Frankenstein", the first time I'd ever watched it. It has been one of my favorite movies since then. I'm thankful for the memories, but I wish I could've said goodbye...I have realized, we do not have as much time on this Earth as we think. Let's all be happy for what we have, instead of beging for what we don't, and cherish every memory.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #55877
Lithium Flower
Handphones

StarsCASSiOPEiA-Sorry you're having a nasty time, hopefully a big mug of tea will chase the doldrums away.

Loli:
I am sorry about your loss, and I send my best wishes to your family. I hope this time for you is filled with more happy memories and your family is doing well.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #55878
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
StarsCASSiOPEiA-Sorry you're having a nasty time, hopefully a big mug of tea will chase the doldrums away.
You guys are too nice to me. <3

But I definitely think Loli is the one who really needs the hugs now. (hug) I too lost my grandmother to cancer, and like you, it didn't hit me until later either. Just remember the times you did smile with her, and know that she's always going to be looking out for you from above. : )
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #55879
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

^Same here.

Sorry Loli
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #55880
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Sad story time it is.

My grandmother battled cancer for years, throughout my teen years it was just how things where and she always came out of things after occasional hospital stays. Sometimes she'd be fine, other times more sick. But she was always just in and out of treatment and it became just a normal thing.

She died in the winter, during the last visit my mother, father, and I had with them up in northern Michigan. My dad got a call on his phone that I answered, it was my sister April (whom i am since estranged with) that told me in a shaky voice to get our dad on the phone. That was the night my grandmother died.

There isn't a lot I remember about the whole time, it was all a sort of blur to me. Most people say they remember everything about the day someone they love dies, the kind of weather it was, the exact hour, the day, the year...I don't honestly remember that. I remember it was night time and winter, but I can't even tell you the year she died. It was at a point in my life that everything is a big mashing of events that flow together and I wish I had more to say on it.

What I do remember is visiting her some months before she died at a time she was in the hospital. I remember hating the smell and everything looked bright and bleak.

If I lost someone else I love to cancer I don't know what I'd do with myself. Sometimes when people close to me are ill I withdraw into myself like a shell and just cry for them. I tell myself that everyone will be okay because my Grandmother went so long with being okay. It's the sort of thing I handle very poorly and without much grace. Perhaps it's more of a trauma then I am inclined to admit.

Alas, this is too much sadness for this thread and so I post a picture of a kitten:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #55881
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Thread topic change, the new 'texts from dogs' is 'texts from Mitt':
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #55882
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Realy good, went scuba diving lots. I had the option to do a deep driving course over there which would qualify me to go to 40 meter depths, currently only alowed to go to 18... officially. But I turned it down, I still only have 10 dives in my log book and I strugle with equalisation.
Sounds awesome! I love snorkeling but would never scuba dive. It would be too claustrophobic for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Spending time with my dad was great. My Granparents are mental though. My Grandad cleaned his feet with a toilet brush... He dropped an icecream off his cone and picked it up off the dirty floor and put it back on... he kept losing his hearing aids and then finding them in his ears.

If my Granma goes first I don't know how he will survive.
Ah, old people. That will be all of us some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
SPEAKING OF UNDERWATER.

I got my fishies a tank decoration thingy that's like, an archway with little paths through the center they can swim through and it kinda looks like a scene from Blackreach in Skyrim and I put it in there and the fishies all just are staring at it from one side of the tank, occasionally swimming over close but never touching it.
Speaking of fishies - this made me LOL:

The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #55883
LoliLovely

I feel much better. I still will miss her, but she's probably better off where she is than I!

Up side of things, boyfriend actually wants to cosplay Shinging Armor when I told him I was going to cosplay Cadence. Yay! : )
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #55884
Lithium Flower
Handphones

HAG.
HAG.

HOW COULD YOU.

Fiissshiiess noooooooooooo
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #55885
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I had a great weekend despite having to work Friday, Saturday and today. I slept over Gf's house Friday and Saturday.

My trip to AAC has been changed to weekend in Gf's parent's condo. At least it's a weekend away. and it's free.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #55886
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Remember when Tiny Tina almost ruined the entirety of Borderlands 2? because I do.

Worst

Character

EVER.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #55887
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

This video actually made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #55888
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Here is a video of me and my buddy playing (and rage quitting) Toejam and Earl.

It has four parts.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 09-24-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #55889
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Been watching this for 2 hours X) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiKyXFqYBg

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #55890
LoliLovely

Quote: