Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3808 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #56176
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
But the thing is that the kind of leather most normal coats or jackets are made of is a flexible stretched leather and far too thin to protect you properly when you fall off. Unless yours is a hard leather, but I imagine you're well aware of bike safety any way, the boots are a good thing. I just take motorbike safety seriously.
Yeah, I know it's not a jacket to a motorbike's level of protection- I have tried those on and could feel the difference, but buying one's not going to happen for a long time (ONE leather jacket is expensive enough to not buy another for several years for me... Mom's got three leather coats that were $1500 all together, mine was originally $450 but bought on a season's end sale. Not really an item I can afford often), I'm more thinking in terms of windproofing and warmth. Since it's got a double ribknit collar, fingertip sleeves with ribknit cuffs, zipper pockets, thinsulate lining, long enough not let wind blow up my back and the zipper can be covered/snapped over with the placket, it more than passes the test there. 90 km/h, on a crappy late-October day and I was still warm.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #56177
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
GUESS WHAT COSCOM?

I am 21.

Does that mean I must be cynical and bitter towards everything now?
Happy birthday! I'd add a Pinkie Pie gif but I'm on my phone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #56178
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Does that mean I must be cynical and bitter towards everything now?
Me and Sam aren't the best role models to take after.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #56179
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory
 
Drysi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
...since it's bisected the king of puns yes. *facepalm*
Bisected, you sho nutty.

And Blondie, now that you're 21 it's not so much a requirement but a firm recommendation that you swallow any remaining naivete you're holding out on us along with your first legal shot. Make it count, intrepid adult; everything else hereon is going to be colored with gray, tasteless reality.

Now excuse me as I believe in magic and ride jackalopes for the next three years.

__________________
It's not your Fault
I'm not Human At All
I got not Heart
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #56180
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Happy birthday! I'd add a Pinkie Pie gif but I'm on my phone.
Thanks =3 I expect a pinkie gif later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Me and Sam aren't the best role models to take after.
BUT YOU'RE ALL I HAVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Bisected, you sho nutty.

And Blondie, now that you're 21 it's not so much a requirement but a firm recommendation that you swallow any remaining naivete you're holding out on us along with your first legal shot. Make it count, intrepid adult; everything else hereon is going to be colored with gray, tasteless reality.

Now excuse me as I believe in magic and ride jackalopes for the next three years.

Indeed I shall....

Why gray though? Why not PINK? It's such a lovely color... gray is less...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #56181
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Why gray though? Why not PINK? It's such a lovely color... gray is less...
I like pink. I think it should be pink.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #56182
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory
 
Drysi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Indeed I shall....

Why gray though? Why not PINK? It's such a lovely color... gray is less...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I like pink. I think it should be pink.
Clearly you guys know nothing about being adults. If you can't keep loose change in the vacant cavity where your soul and youthful enthusiasm used to be, you're doing it wrong. You can be neither happy nor unhappy, you can only be neutral. Lawful or Chaotic alignments are for the younger generations. Now get back to pencil-pushing and dim, barely identifiable lamentation of days gone by, you.


Okaymaybepinkisabettercolor.
__________________
It's not your Fault
I'm not Human At All
I got not Heart
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #56183
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!
 
Bisected8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Was that... An allusion to bitter almonds? Like bitter almonds, that produce cyanide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
...since it's bisected the king of puns yes. *facepalm*
Give me some credit. At least I didn't go into dog related puns.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #56184
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Clearly you guys know nothing about being adults.
I don't want to be an adult. I don't want to be 17, either. I want to go back to 14 or 15.
Quote:
Okaymaybepinkisabettercolor.
See?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #56185
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I like pink. I think it should be pink.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Clearly you guys know nothing about being adults. If you can't keep loose change in the vacant cavity where your soul and youthful enthusiasm used to be, you're doing it wrong. You can be neither happy nor unhappy, you can only be neutral. Lawful or Chaotic alignments are for the younger generations. Now get back to pencil-pushing and dim, barely identifiable lamentation of days gone by, you.


Okaymaybepinkisabettercolor.
At least I can be neutral evil >=D

And huzzah to pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Give me some credit. At least I didn't go into dog related puns.
Fineeeeeee
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #56186
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Decided to post a picture of me in my Gumi wig on my normal Facebook.
The popular (albeit b*tchy) girl in my Chemistry class liked it.
...I'm not so excited to go back to Chemistry now, I don't want to deal with her questions e-e
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #56187
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!
 
Fish-and-Chips-Yum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Decided to post a picture of me in my Gumi wig on my normal Facebook.
The popular (albeit b*tchy) girl in my Chemistry class liked it.
...I'm not so excited to go back to Chemistry now, I don't want to deal with her questions e-e
I know that feel. XD I post cosplay pics on my facebook because a good portion of my friends are cosplayers, but every now and then one of my non-cosplay friends will question me about it with a raised brow.
__________________
~Cosplays~


+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #56188
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,248
My usual answer is "I make costumes."
Because not all of my costumes are from anime, like all of my Halloween costumes.
And really, I don't even think I use the word cosplay all that often anymore. I always say "costume" and leave it at that.

I guess I mean to say I'm not that 14-year-old weeb walking around in cat ears anymore.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #56189
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,059
PINKIE GIF FOR SPAZ



Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
My usual answer is "I make costumes."
Because not all of my costumes are from anime, like all of my Halloween costumes.
And really, I don't even think I use the word cosplay all that often anymore. I always say "costume" and leave it at that.
When I'm explaining it to people for the first time or to people who aren't really into fandom/internet culture, I always say costume. I'm happy to call it cosplay around the people who dress up with me, though.
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • Suzuha Amane (Steins;Gate): 12% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook

Last edited by StarsCASSiOPEiA : 09-30-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wild comments appeared on the thread! Go, responses!
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #56190
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
I have decided to paint my closest door (or what will be my closet door) like the TARDIS. Because its bigger on the inside.
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.