Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3900 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #56386
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I dunno, it feels strange to take notice of this --- like one would be wishing intently she sat next to them.

...and why would that be important?
It makes me feel more gross than the gross guy.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #56387
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
It makes me feel more gross than the gross guy.
Well, the guy in that picture is obviously an alien. Me, I'd rather sit next to an alien than a greasy creep, but not all women are as into scifi as I am.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #56388
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Parents are coming over for dinner at 5:30, so cleaning a little bit, watching Burn Notice, and stuff. Plus browsing the web for GI Joe: Retaliation/Marvel Noir as well

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #56389
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I always just pray I don't have to sit next to anyone on public transportation, that's my philosophy.

Emmers, I'm sorry to hear about Cell, although (and I apologize if this sounds callous) I know it would have been a hardship for you guys to take him to a vet, so I'm also glad that it happened now rather than after you'd spent all that money. I know it's tough, having been in that predicament myself a few times.

In totally unrelated news, this is a crap day and if I don't get some coffee or something soon I am probably going to overturn my desk, tear ass out of the office, and run down the highway naked flipping everyone the bird until someone finally shoots me.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #56390
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I always just pray I don't have to sit next to anyone on public transportation, that's my philosophy.

Emmers, I'm sorry to hear about Cell, although (and I apologize if this sounds callous) I know it would have been a hardship for you guys to take him to a vet, so I'm also glad that it happened now rather than after you'd spent all that money. I know it's tough, having been in that predicament myself a few times.

In totally unrelated news, this is a crap day and if I don't get some coffee or something soon I am probably going to overturn my desk, tear ass out of the office, and run down the highway naked flipping everyone the bird until someone finally shoots me.
No that isn't callous, it's reasonable and was something Brando and I where talking about last night.Vet visits alone, without any medication or possible surgeries or even if we decided to euthanize him, would have been at the very least $60. So taking into account any possible further costs, which at this point in Cell's life would have pretty much been euthanasia, and that could add up to well over $100.

If Cell had been young, even 5 years younger, it would have been more reasonable to pay for treatments but at 15 years old Cell very well could have naturally died at literally any time.

It may sound callous to someone else, but it's just the reasonable facts of what was going on. Cell had a good run and I know Brando adored that critter.

Bad day is bad, can you catch a break to grab some coffee? Hire someone to run down the road naked FOR you?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #56391
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Bad day is bad, can you catch a break to grab some coffee? Hire someone to run down the road naked FOR you?
My boss is at a meeting for another hour or so, and the nurses will probably let me go and get something quick.

Just had my flu shot. My arm hurts.

A student just came in whose last name is "Bowser". You can imagine all the terrible jokes I am definitely not making right now.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #56392
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
My boss is at a meeting for another hour or so, and the nurses will probably let me go and get something quick.

Just had my flu shot. My arm hurts.

A student just came in whose last name is "Bowser". You can imagine all the terrible jokes I am definitely not making right now.
If my last name was Bowser I'd be so proud. Speaking of last names, the thank you card that we got in the mail from that wedding a little while back was addressed to 'Brando and Emmers Derpington(Brando's last name is not Derpington, I wish it was)' so I think they believe we're married..?

Bring ferrets to work and make a big bandage out of their warm cuddles?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #56393
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
If my last name was Bowser I'd be so proud. Speaking of last names, the thank you card that we got in the mail from that wedding a little while back was addressed to 'Brando and Emmers Derpington(Brando's last name is not Derpington, I wish it was)' so I think they believe we're married..?

Bring ferrets to work and make a big bandage out of their warm cuddles?
We have relatives on both sides that refer to us as Penny and Sam Vimes, rather than the correct Penny Dreadful and Sam Vimes, since I kept my last name. Even after being corrected, they still do this, so I've just given up.

I also went to a wedding where I'd been communicating with the bride via email a lot, and on the table cards we were addressed as "Penny and Sam Wolf", since I have "wolf" in my email address and she assumed it was my name. I was like LOL I WISH. So much cooler than either of our actual last names.
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #56394
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I had to walk to class in the rain because the bus never showed. It's a 15 minute walk, and it's actually not bad if the weather is nice (mild, not rainy, not wearing heels).
I was late for class and wet.
Now I'm waiting for the bus back (it had better come) and damp. I also desperately want McDonalds, which means I'm PMSing.

And I haven't had any coffee or tea or anything remotely caffeinated all day,
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #56395
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Let's you and me go on a coffee run.

In the rain.

Possibly naked.
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #56396
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:

In the rain.

Possibly naked.

Sounds good to me. I certainly wouldn't want to do a naked coffee run on a sunny day. Parts of me would burn that I never want to burn.

I'm on the bus now! Soon I will be at my car and on my way to dunkies or honey dew. I can't remember which is easiest to pull out of this time of day.

If I hadn't been late for class I could have gotten a cup of hot water from the Starbucks in the basement of the library and used my emergancy tea supply.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #56397
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Is it so fucking hard that when your kids make a mess in the apartment hall to clean it up?

Edit - This is the mom who hits on us, she just got a dog, add another tick to the list of stupid shit she probably can't afford.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #56398
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
I can only assume that have an invisible sign over my head that reads "SIT NEXT TO ME". On at least 3 occasions I have been on a bus with only 2 other people, and the next person to get on sat in the seat beside me instead of any ot the 34 empty ones. WUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful
Sounds like my day on Monday. Except with cola instead of coffee. Hope you get caffienated soon.

Quote:
Firstly, sorry to hear about cell. it's always hard to lose pets

Secondly, for a minute i thought that it was literally addressed to "'Brando and Emmers Derpington" and was thinking that it's a fun nickname thing and had nothing to do with being married... then I got what you meant. They might think you're married, but it also might just be a simple mistake. (I got a wedding thank-you card from a girl I've been friends with for 15 years, and my name was misspelled on it. I KNOW she knows my name, so I suspect it was her husband who was writing everything out.
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #56399
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Yes, it must be because there is always crap on the stairs of Gf's apartment building. And the upstairs neighbors never clean it up. I think they think magical faeries clean it for them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #56400
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
We have relatives on both sides that refer to us as Penny and Sam Vimes, rather than the correct Penny Dreadful and Sam Vimes, since I kept my last name. Even after being corrected, they still do this, so I've just given up.

I also went to a wedding where I'd been communicating with the bride via email a lot, and on the table cards we were addressed as "Penny and Sam Wolf", since I have "wolf" in my email address and she assumed it was my name. I was like LOL I WISH. So much cooler than either of our actual last names.
If your last name was 'Wolf' that would require you to wear a three wolf moon tee at all times and remind everyone as to why.

I imagine that name business can get frustrating, especially if your choice to keep your original name is for personal beliefs and it's a situation you don't feel respected in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I had to walk to class in the rain because the bus never showed. It's a 15 minute walk, and it's actually not bad if the weather is nice (mild, not rainy, not wearing heels).
I was late for class and wet.
Now I'm waiting for the bus back (it had better come) and damp. I also desperately want McDonalds, which means I'm PMSing.

I don't mind walks like that either, but when your tired and hungry and just want to go home it's not quite as pleasant as in the warm sunshine while you take your time leisurely strolling home.
Quote:

In the rain.

Possibly naked.
How can I get in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Firstly, sorry to hear about cell. it's always hard to lose pets

Secondly, for a minute i thought that it was literally addressed to "'Brando and Emmers Derpington" and was thinking that it's a fun nickname thing and had nothing to do with being married... then I got what you meant. They might think you're married, but it also might just be a simple mistake. (I got a wedding thank-you card from a girl I've been friends with for 15 years, and my name was misspelled on it. I KNOW she knows my name, so I suspect it was her husband who was writing everything out.
Thanks Mai, I appreciate it.

I WISH.
If Brando's last name WAS Derpington I would so change my last name if we got married. No one ever pronounces my last name correctly.

I've heard it pronounced 'ma-lone-ee' and 'mah-loon' and no matter how often I correct a teacher or someone else it just doesn't change..

On the wedding invite the brides mother wrote out the envelope and spelled Boyfriends name 'Branden'. Ain't no thang, just kinda silly.

Since the two of us have been living together now for...really over a year they probably assume it's a safe bet to address us by the same last name. That and I am not familiar with the bride other than a few brief conversations prior to her wedding (the invite was for Brando and 'guest') so I doubt she even knows my last name in the first place. It was just something we giggled about and where like "MRS.EMMERS MAHLOONEY DERPINGTON",
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○