Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3829 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #56401
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I also went to a wedding where I'd been communicating with the bride via email a lot, and on the table cards we were addressed as "Penny and Sam Wolf", since I have "wolf" in my email address and she assumed it was my name. I was like LOL I WISH. So much cooler than either of our actual last names.
And in SV's case, a hell of a lot easier to pronounce. Nothing personal SV.

MRS. SW824 and I's both got lucky in the last name department, as her's is super cute and mine is 4 letters long, making nearly impossible to mess up. Good genetic hustle on our parents end.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #56402
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post

MRS. SW824 and I's both got lucky in the last name department, as her's is super cute and mine is 4 letters long, making nearly impossible to mess up. Good genetic hustle on our parents end.
This is how you pronounce Sammys last name:

fdslkjrwglharljkrawiuhrtuhrtwro346487965896kjagks. e'
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #56403
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:

My last name is 4 letters long and NO ONE gets it right. EVER. I have been called Kick, Keek, Kleck, Kat, Heck and so many other WRONG things.
It's Keck. 4 letters. Easy. But no. Never right.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #56404
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Is it so fucking hard that when your kids make a mess in the apartment hall to clean it up?

Edit - This is the mom who hits on us, she just got a dog, add another tick to the list of stupid shit she probably can't afford.
IMO, if you live in an apartment, you shouldn't own a dog at all. They need SPACE, especially things that aren't rat-sized, and they need to be outside, and able to interact with people and other animals, which doesn't happen when you lock it up in an apartment all day. And too many people never pick up their crap from the nearby lawns or parking lots. It's bad enough on my street (made worse recently by this woman that bought THREE pugs, all yappy as fuck and bad tempered, and yes she lives in an apartment) that most of the houses are fencing their tiny front yards and/or putting up multiple KEEP DOGS OFF signs. One actually put up a "Dog piss killed this bush!" sign beside a withered bush in their yard (and the other three set further back from the sidewalk were fine and green...).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #56405
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My last name is 4 letters long and NO ONE gets it right. EVER. I have been called Kick, Keek, Kleck, Kat, Heck and so many other WRONG things.
My surname's always getting misspelled. Mainly because it's a common word with an 'e' on the end and variations of the same name exist without it.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #56406
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
This is how you pronounce Sammys last name:

fdslkjrwglharljkrawiuhrtuhrtwro346487965896kjagks. e'
I prefer to do it as if I'm the frontman from Disturbed. Zale-owooahahahah!

I do the same for my friend Victoris Wale-DOWNWITHTHESICKNESS!

Quote:
Mine's Troy, which if you mess up, I'll legally allowed to hit you in several states in the south. Especially if you're a minority or woman for some reason, plus they end up doing jail time. The south is messed up y'all.
Also see Arizona.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #56407
harmonyisarine

I'm sorry to hear about Cell. I was reading through (but always felt silly replying since I was hours late and can't keep up with you guys on here) and was really hoping he'd make it through.

I lost my dog in a similar fashion a few weeks ago. As soon as I got home (I usually reside several states away, but had time for a visit), she was unusually lethargic. by the time we decided to take her to the vet, it was too late and had to wait till morning, since we couldn't afford the $200 dollars we'd end up paying going to the emergency vet. She declined all night and passed just before dawn.

The rational part of me kept saying she was old (almost 14), had some severe health problems (that were treated and she was happy, but they still take a toll), and it's good that we didn't have to pay the vet fee and she died in her home, with the people she loved, but it's still just so hard to lose a pet you've had for so long.

So even though I'm pretty quiet on these forums, I do read them and I feel for you two. I don't know if you've decided, but I think the plaque would be nice to keep inside, so that Cell's always around (at least, it's what I think I'd do if I had any artistic ability at all).
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #56408
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I wear a nametag at work, do people still ask me my name and then proceed to call me Jerry?

YES.

HATE YOU ALL.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #56409
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I can only assume that have an invisible sign over my head that reads "SIT NEXT TO ME". On at least 3 occasions I have been on a bus with only 2 other people, and the next person to get on sat in the seat beside me instead of any ot the 34 empty ones. WUT
I'm thankful every day that I'm not a young, attractive woman, because it means that I virtually always get left alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Sounds like my day on Monday.
Unfortunately, it's been my day every day this week. Maybe tomorrow will be a smidgen better. Maybe tomorrow I just won't wear pants, that could be my problem.

Quote:
What the hell is wrong with people? That's straightforward, man, it's not like it's four letters but they're Xvpw or something.

Quote:
I prefer to do it as if I'm the frontman from Disturbed. Zale-owooahahahah!

I do the same for my friend Victoris Wale-DOWNWITHTHESICKNESS!
I think you just have a vendetta against Polish names. I am not down with that sickness.

Since I've lamented over people's inability to get my name right many times in the past, I will refrain from doing so again just now. My boss wound up coming back from her meeting early, and the office got busy, so I haven't been able to leave. My desk is still upright, though, and the only article of clothing I've removed is my belt, so we might be okay.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #56410
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
My last name is pronounced so simply too 'may-loan'.

People are wacko.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #56411
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I think you just have a vendetta against Polish names. I am not down with that sickness.
Dare I ask what sickness(es) you are down with then if any?

Also Poland is home to some dope-ass meats, so while I have the mutant power to not be able to pronounce Polish, I bear them no ill.

Unread 10-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #56412
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Dare I ask what sickness(es) you are down with then if any?
Oh, you know, the romantic ones: tuberculosis, bubonic plague, Spanish influenza, syphilis, that sort of thing.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #56413
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I won't share my last name, but I will say that people LOVE to stick H's in it.
I mean, they have a reason, I guess, but teachers I've had for three years should know better.

In other news, I finally went on Naviance and waived my right to see my letters of recommendation because I had forgotten. Yay.....and this weekend shall be the weekend where I finish my applications. Yes.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #56414
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, you know, the romantic ones: tuberculosis, bubonic plague, Spanish influenza, syphilis, that sort of thing.
I've got a nice opossum who'd love to share some romantic TB with you.

And by TB I mean Taco Bell.

Also maybe just a touch of tuberculosis.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #56415
Kildread
I can fix it!

Names: My first name is extremely common and my last name appears on a popular WW2 rifle (One letter difference)

Can't complain until I key it in those "Enter your name in this thing to get your future/indian name/surname/blahblahblah" where I always get effiminate/weak stuff.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote