Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #56596
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Are you gonna return him and get a new mousey? =(
Brando thinks I should, because a mouse living alone may get depressed. So while Murray would likely be unaffected by living alone, Guybrush may get lonely. So he thinks I should bring Murray back under the 14 day clause I have when I purchased them both and 'trade' him for the other cage mate they had being housed with these two.

I feel bad purchasing Murray and then giving him up :\ but Brando is concerned that he won't be safe for me to handle since he's been considerably more skittish and solitary than Guybrush and once a mouse displays biting tenancies to other mice they are likely to bite you.

Murray may be better suited to a family who's buying him with the intent on not interacting often with him, since he's very solitary and doesn't seem to enjoy human interaction. I like to interact with my pet mice, some people like to just leave them in their cage and look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Awww he's so cute!
He is! He was really placid at the pet store too, dunno what made him change so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Here's to hoping that Murray mellows out! (They are both adorable, by the way. <3)
I don't think I'll be able to keep Murray to be honest. I am going to call up the pet store today and talk with someone who handles their mice and explain that the fighting got so bad I had to separate them. Honestly they'd probably recommend I bring him back if he's starting to bite and generally show aggression.

:| I just wish he did mellow out. It does not bring me joy to bring him back, it feels like I am abandoning him no matter what Boyfriend says.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #56597
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Andddddddddd Monday!

Weekend was odd. Mrs. SW824 had family drama, in both the medical and retarded sense, so she was in NJ for most of the weekend dealing with that and getting some much needed Kitten Therapy, which in case your dumb, means you pet cats until you feel better. Good results on that end, and I got to go to the Beer Garden in Astoria (Queens) for Oktoberfest times, which is awesome, because I am all about beer and meat.

But being Mrs. SW824 impaired also mean that I had to step up and take care of things around the apartment, which hey, no biggie, except it meant I had to go cat-sit for at a friend's place for an hour. You think "Aww kitties :3" which is fair, but no, I'm super allergic to 'em, so it was the worst. Hair was everywhere and they were super friendly. Which is a nice alternative to my friend's super racist fat shit jerk cat. But kitty hug times mean I break out in hives and get mad itchy. Not fun.

Then I got to go home and watch my Fantasy Football roster DERP all over the field, because several teams are terrible, and if Arian Foster doesn't come through for me tonight my Ewing killstreak stops at 4.

In other new, it's Columbus Day, and there's a parade outside of my office, because why not right? There's already 2 people on my FB offended by the fact that we still celebrate Columbus Day and I want to give them smallpox. One of them should know better, and the other one is kind of a the worst type of liberal moron. I'm not saying white men are the best or anything, but the minute you declare can't weigh in on rape because "they don't know what it's like because it will never happen to them" , you loose all cred. Also Catholic Church joke here.

4 days to NYCC, then I can get drunk on comic news. I am excite.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #56598
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Emmers you should deff let them know that he's a bit solitary so they can warn other families before they purchase them. If they even remember...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #56599
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Emmers you should deff let them know that he's a bit solitary so they can warn other families before they purchase them. If they even remember...
The young girl who was helping me pick out the mice was awesome, they actually had only one little guy out on display that she showed me while we started talking about my various pet mice i'd owned in the past so she knew I was knowledgeable about them.Which was when she warned me that the mouse on display had actually injured another mouse in his cage and that mouse was being held in the back to recover. She told me that she heard me mention I should get two mice to be together and wanted to warn me ahead of time that this guy here couldn't be put with other mice because he's aggressive.

I believe her name was Jamie, and she told me that in the back they had 3 younger mice that where yet to be put out on display and she said I could go look at them before picking out a pet and she didn't want me to 'settle' on picking the aggressive older mouse out on display because it was clear I really wanted to handle them and bond with them.

That's when I was shown Guybrush, Murray and their cagemate who where being house in a smallish habitat together since they where probably a bit too young for display and they weren't going to add more mice to the habitat with the aggressive one. Guybrush and his cage mates are around 2-3 months and the one on display was around 3-4 so they where a fair bit smaller.

She showed me Guybrush because she thought I'd like his long hair, and she was right! The other two mice seemed fine and placid so I just picked Murray to go with him and actually felt really very bad about leaving the other one behind...I guess I should have taken him instead >__>''

The girl who helped us was super nice and really really loved mice as much as I did and I was really happy she gave me a chance to see the mice not on display yet. This afternoon I am going to just have to call them up and explain what's happened with them and that Murray is aggressive so they don't put him alone with more mice.

I have 14 days to return them, or bring them in for care if they where to get sick or something so I know they'd take Murray back.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #56600
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

God damn kids came out of nowhere, asking me to tell them stories and asking why I walk funny.

LOOK AT MY LEGS YOU LITTLE PRICKS.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #56601
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Cannot leave office building due to parade fuckery. Spent time booking hotel rooms for PAX East. Got into the main hotel again this year, continuing my streak as "The Tag Team Champions"!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #56602
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Spent time booking hotel rooms for PAX East.
Oh boy, thanks for that --- went ahead and booked mine too.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #56603
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Nnngh so many good cons in Boston.

Need to see if Anime Boston's dates work out...
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #56604
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Stop it! I've been off the WoW for years! Don't ruin that for me!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #56605
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Nnngh so many good cons in Boston.

TAKE ME WITH YOU!
Also help me Stars! Is the "Describe how you spent the last two summers" prompt supposed to be answered by an essay, short answer or paragraph? D:
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #56606
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Part of me is hoping it's at the same time as PAX in 2013 too, if only because it increases my chances of being able to share transport/lodging.

Distancing myself from gamer-centric forums has its downsides :/
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #56607
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Speakin' of conventions, Boyfriend and I are getting cracking on turning out some pieces for Youmacon.

How make art.
Art.
Durrrp.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 10-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #56608
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

^I have the opposite problem. I keep getting inspired to draw or something, but I can't actually draw and keep getting frustrated because I can't draw like I used to. Except I could never really draw too well from memory or just by myself.

Yeah I'll just keep to sewing and stuff...

And wtf, am I scratching a but bite on my face?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #56609
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Part of me is hoping it's at the same time as PAX in 2013 too, if only because it increases my chances of being able to share transport/lodging.

Nope, AB got CRUSHED by PAX presence last year, and it seems it's happening in May instead next year, distancing itself from PAX,Easter and I want to say the Marathon. Also fun fact, type in Anime Boston into google and "Rave death" pops up immediately. GOOD TIMES!

Also K-dread, which hotel you in? We snagged the Westin.

Unread 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #56610
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post

Anime Boston looks like it's the end of May, something like the 24th to the 26th? I was going to go to that or Colossalcon instead of doing Senior Beach Week.

Also, Emmers-- good luck! I am probably going to spend that weekend trying to forget I'm not at that con, because it's one that I have wanted to attend for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
TAKE ME WITH YOU!
Also help me Stars! Is the "Describe how you spent the last two summers" prompt supposed to be answered by an essay, short answer or paragraph? D:
IN A HEARTBEAT. <3

Wait, where is this prompt from? I don't see it on the common app itself, so is it a supplement? (If there's no length limit, answer in whatever length size you think fits best. For me, that's usually 500-800 words, if I don't know. Not too long, but I have more room to elaborate than on a, say, 300 word essay.)
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote