Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3824 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #57256
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
I Want To Be An Elf Princess.
How about an elf that is best friends and works with a princess.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #57257
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
I Want To Be An Elf Princess.
It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I'm telling you, Vanyarin's the way to go. They have a blameless track record, unlike those fucking overreacting Noldor.
Thank you for reminding me why I married you.

Warm fuzzies for the morning: boy with Down Syndrome gets lost in the woods, but is kept warm and safe by A PILE OF PUPPIES.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #57258
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Actually guys the best pizza ever were the home made ones my dad and I used to make at home, where we'd actually get up early to make the dough, stick it in the airing cupboard and have for dinner. And I mean that both in the heartfelt memory sense and the being actually fucking delicious sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Mayo is for BLTs and Potato Salad. And I guess a chicken salad. That's it.
Did you mean:Mayo is perfect and goes with everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
My mom kinda does that, she cut them up, puts salt and pepper on them and just eats them.
My granparents did that on holiday. I thought it was a bit weird but it actually tasted quite nice, probably because we were in spain and the ingredients were a better quality than anything in England. They also did it with onions, which again sounds gross but was actually nice.

YALL NEED TO STOP BEING SO FUCKING PICKY! If you don't finish your plates you're not getting any desert!
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #57259
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Mayo is a sin against all of humanity.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #57260
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Mayo is a sin against all of humanity.
Theres a war comng...

I've seen it.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #57261
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Judging the correct amount of mayo on any foodstuff is a delicate balancing act. More so than any other sauce, even a tiny bit too much ruins a good meal.

Still, it's pretty fucking killer on chips. And by chips I of course mean "FRIES, DUDE."

Spend any time in Belgium or France and they stick mayo on goddamn everything.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #57262
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Nonsense. Silver Age Superman is the most well-written and sensibly handled character in all of literature.
PAPA SPANK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #57263
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post

Spend any time in Belgium or France and they stick mayo on goddamn everything.
Hey man did I ever tell you about the burgers in france?
Quote:
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #57264
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mayo on fries? I do that too. My boyfriend started me on it. Although when I was a kid I actually dipped them in honey (at least, when it was McDonalds).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #57265
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
So there's an Iron Man 3 trailer out there and it's blowing up my inbox & twitter feed. There's a ton of potential from what I've seen, it's just a matter of it delivering. It's certainly seems "darker" than the previous 2 movies, which is fine, because one can only stomach Iron Man flying around to AC/DC for so long. That and given the final fight scene in the Avengers (which is referred to, nice), Tony should be a little shoken up.

In other news, anyone else catch the season finale to Adventure Time yesterday? Bizarre stuff right there.
I hate waiting for things I like... I wanna know WHO the iron patriot is, WHO took the suit? WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN TO PEP? AND MOST OF ALL WHY DID THEY GIVE HIM A STUPID NEW HAIRCUT?! I need some conspiracy theories...

Quote:
Nonsense. Silver Age Superman is the most well-written and sensibly handled character in all of literature.
Superman is the mary sue of super heroes >(

Quote:

Makes (spider-)sense. Also Spidey being handled way better as a character and a concept helped.
I grew up on Spidey, I just find him so much cooler

EDIT- Iron man is doing Extremis.... FUCKING EXTREMIS
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 10-23-2012 at 12:16 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #57266
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I don't care for spiderman.

I vote for the man who doesn't fuck around.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #57267
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Judging the correct amount of mayo on any foodstuff is a delicate balancing act. More so than any other sauce, even a tiny bit too much ruins a good meal.
Agreed.

The best dipper for fries/chips, though, is a chocolate milkshake. Perhaps someday you'll all learn to accept that.

There was an employee recognition ceremony today, wherein people who've been employed here for five, ten, fifteen, etc. years get their department heads making up something nice to say about them and then they get a little certificate and a trinket. I received my 5-year award today, despite the fact that I'll have been here for 7 years in January. I did not attend the ceremony.

When my boss came back with my little gift, I stuck it in my mailbox because it's been busy and I had no time or inclination to find out what cheap doodad emblazoned with the college logo I'd been given for half a decade of loyal service. At least three people came up and said, "OOH I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT." I'm like, "fine, open it and find out," but no one has. Guess they don't actually care that much. Shocker.

Sorry, it's been one of those days. I just need everyone to step away and act like I'm not here or I am probably going to start shrieking and throwing staplers.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #57268
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Agreed.

The best dipper for fries/chips, though, is a chocolate milkshake. Perhaps someday you'll all learn to accept that.

There was an employee recognition ceremony today, wherein people who've been employed here for five, ten, fifteen, etc. years get their department heads making up something nice to say about them and then they get a little certificate and a trinket. I received my 5-year award today, despite the fact that I'll have been here for 7 years in January. I did not attend the ceremony.

When my boss came back with my little gift, I stuck it in my mailbox because it's been busy and I had no time or inclination to find out what cheap doodad emblazoned with the college logo I'd been given for half a decade of loyal service. At least three people came up and said, "OOH I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GOT." I'm like, "fine, open it and find out," but no one has. Guess they don't actually care that much. Shocker.

Sorry, it's been one of those days. I just need everyone to step away and act like I'm not here or I am probably going to start shrieking and throwing staplers.
I preffer vanilla milkshake/icecream for chips. The chocolate is too strong a flavour, it's over powers the chips.

That sucks about your day though.
Quote:
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #57269
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I hate waiting for things I like... I wanna know WHO the iron patriot is, WHO took the suit? WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN TO PEP? AND MOST OF ALL WHY DID THEY GIVE HIM A STUPID NEW HAIRCUT?! I need some conspiracy theories...

Superman is the mary sue of super heroes >(

I grew up on Spidey, I just find him so much cooler

EDIT- Iron man is doing Extremis.... FUCKING EXTREMIS
1) It's Rhodey
2) She'll be fine. Multi-picture deal and such.
3) Unlike Loki, RDJ does what he wants.
4) While Superman is poorly written, the character is sole reason the super hero genre exists. I'll spare y'all the rant, but Big Blue is pretty much as iconic as they come. That and "All-Star Superman" > "Your favorite super hero book".
5) That being said, Spider-Man IS a better done story, but there's like a 20-30 year gap inbetween, so comics as an art form got to evolve. Again, there's a rant involved.
6) IM2 is taking parts of the Extremis story, not the entire thing, which is cool, because straight up adaptions usually blow when it comes to Super hero stuffs. With the Mandarian, US Patriot, and several other villains confirmed, not to mention Tony suffering PTSD due to...well a lot, it's definetly a mixtures of stories and concepts.

Quote:

1) Don't forget the hypen bro.
2) Ennis' Punisher is pretty fantastic, but Frank Castle's success rate can be brought into question in a world where death usually means squat.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 10-23-2012 at 01:28 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #57270
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

How did I not see this coming.

Also how did he get the things head on a pike?

Quote:
1) It's Rhodey
2) She'll be fine. Multi-picture deal and such.
3) Unlike Loki, RDJ does what he wants.
4) While Superman is poorly written, the character is sole reason the super hero genre exists. I'll spare y'all the rant, but Big Blue is pretty much as iconic as they come. That and "All-Star Superman" > "Your favorite super hero book".
5) That being said, Spider-Man IS a better done story, but there's like a 20-30 year gap inbetween, so comics as an art form got to evolve. Again, there's a rant involved.
6) IM2 is taking parts of the Extremis story, not the entire thing, which is cool, because straight up adaptions usually blow when it comes to Super hero stuffs. With the Mandarian, US Patriot, and several other villains confirmed, not to mention Tony suffering PTSD due to...well a lot, it's definetly a mixtures of stories and concepts.
1) Makes sense but I thought Rhody had the war machine, guess he gave it a snazzy new paint job
2) She better be I adore pep
3) As a cosplayer and person who requires the character to look exact it irritates me... and personally I dislike it on RDJ in general (it's ok but I just like his longer hair better)
4) I respect the Superman, I just don't enjoy him as much. Being practically invulnerable to everything except a green rock makes things less interesting and I find the character as interesting as paint drying. Tis why I always preferred Bats
5) Agreed and understood
6) I'm stupidly excited for all those things especially extremis...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote