Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4008 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #57331
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Squee! My interview went great. I got immediately booked for the second/final one on Friday. Now to pass that and have a really cool job where I can actually wear jeans to work.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #57332
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post

That is why I can't get on the Gambit train. THAT'S A REALLY SILLY SUPERPOWER, Y'ALL.
He can kineticly charge any object, he just chooses cards. Yeah it is kinda silly, he could use knives or grenades or anything but you know don't want to murder anyone.

I like Gambit, he's awesome. I don't care.

I'm just gonna sit here in the corner, and cry to myself because no one likes my favourite characters from x-men or dr who.

Also, how boss is this fucking Shadowcat tattoo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #57333
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I've always been a fan of Gambit. Who wouldn't want to have the power to blow stuff up?

And that tattoo is indeed awesome.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #57334
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Wait who do you like from Doctor Who?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #57335
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
As for Remy's accent it is bullshit... cajun does not sound as sexy as he made me think it was supposed to sound. I HAVE BEEN LIED TO.

Nightcrawler and Boom Boom are also on my list of X-Men faves.
Yeah it's suppose to be more "I wash myself with a rag on a stick" than "Chere Chere Kinetic Charge Cajun ACK!"

Speaking of Boom Boom- NEXTWAVE: AGENTS OF HATE, HAVE YOU READ IT, AND IF NOT, WHY NOT?!?!

Quote:
That is freaking fantastic.

Actually, his costume does involve stick-on facial hair, but alas it is neither Ron Burgundy nor Ron Swanson nor any of pop culture's other significant Rons.
There's always next year Momo.

Quote:
That is why I can't get on the Gambit train. THAT'S A REALLY SILLY SUPERPOWER, Y'ALL.
Also his look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
He can kineticly charge any object, he just chooses cards. Yeah it is kinda silly, he could use knives or grenades or anything but you know don't want to murder anyone.

I like Gambit, he's awesome. I don't care.

I'm just gonna sit here in the corner, and cry to myself because no one likes my favourite characters from x-men or dr who.

That's pretty boss. I also know a dude who has Colossus on one leg, and Kitty on the other. That actually may be his leg, if it's not your's. Also I said I like Kitty, and PK97 liked Gumbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I've always been a fan of Gambit. Who wouldn't want to have the power to blow stuff up?

And that tattoo is indeed awesome.
Because it's not so much the power to make things explode, but the power to charge them. Kinetically. And I think they have to be limited to a certain size and inorganic. Placing Gambit somewhere between Jubilee and Boom Boom in the powers scale.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #57336
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I guess if you're going for gambler-chic your options are kind of limited in terms of non-lethal objects to hurl at people.

ETA: Yeah, whatever that thing on his head is... not a good look. And the trench coat over a Spandex unitard? But I guess being a superhero doesn't necessarily mean you can afford a stylist.

Quote:
Speaking in terms of artistic skill, not overwhelming. But the concept is indeed boss. I'm sorry, I don't mean to crap all over your parade today. You know I'm fond of you.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 10-24-2012 at 02:26 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #57337
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Chris- I haven't because life and horse shows and school and BAAAW but I'll get right on it Dx
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #57338
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I guess if you're going for gambler-chic your options are kind of limited in terms of non-lethal objects to hurl at people.

ETA: Yeah, whatever that thing on his head is... not a good look. And the trench coat over a Spandex unitard? But I guess being a superhero doesn't necessarily mean you can afford a stylist.

Speaking in terms of artistic skill, not overwhelming. But the concept is indeed boss. I'm sorry, I don't mean to crap all over your parade today. You know I'm fond of you.

I feel ya. I think he's ditched the head-gear, which was ridiculous. The pink armored top, over black spandex, fingerless gloves under a John Constatine trenchcoat with makes not for a good look. And then the playing cards. And staff. A MASTER THIEF, HOW DOES IT MAKE?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Chris- I haven't because life and horse shows and school and BAAAW but I'll get right on it Dx
It's 12 issues, amazing and can be bought digitially for quite cheap.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #57339
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

My costumes are ready!! Yey!!! Tomorrow first shoots so I'm excited!!!!
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #57340
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Got the job at Toys r' Us (Party City is only till after halloween season), and I'm gonna be a mall elf again this year, and working at TRU...all them childrens...Black Friday O_O
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #57341
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I really hate parking at my school
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #57342
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Chris- I DO like cheap... *googletiem*
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #57343
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I feel ya. I think he's ditched the head-gear, which was ridiculous. The pink armored top, over black spandex, fingerless gloves under a John Constatine trenchcoat with makes not for a good look. And then the playing cards. And staff. A MASTER THIEF, HOW DOES IT MAKE?!?
IF YOU WERE GOING FOR INCONSPICUOUS YOU FAILED MISERABLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Got the job at Toys r' Us (Party City is only till after halloween season), and I'm gonna be a mall elf again this year, and working at TRU...all them childrens...Black Friday O_O
I like children and that still sounds like a special kind of Hell. Godspeed to you.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #57344
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
IF YOU WERE GOING FOR INCONSPICUOUS YOU FAILED MISERABLY.

I like children and that still sounds like a special kind of Hell. Godspeed to you.
I was an elf last year and I worked Black Friday...anyone remember this? The woman that pushed her child into the wall and yelled? It was crazy. I did stop a lot of kids from crying though xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #57345
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I hate Black Friday. It was a disaster last year at my store - we opened at 1am and aside from the initial rush we were completely dead my entire (9.5 hour) shift.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote