Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3817 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #57571
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

LMAO! My friend dressed up as Slender Man for a costume party, drank too much, and couldn't get his costume off in time when he had to go to the bathroom because he couldn't unzip the suit XD

I'm so going to remind him about this forever!!!!!!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2012, 05:00 AM   #57572
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
School's closed Monday and Tuesday because we're in a state of emergency.
Part of me doesn't believe this and part of me wants to be really worried--I live pretty close to a river and the hospital I volunteer at is literally right next to it, and if there's any flooding then all of my costumes are ruined. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be too worried about my costumes if it's potentially really dangerous but come on I spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours working on all of them! Not to mention pointe shoes...I'm a terrible person, I know.
Oh wow, I hope that there's no damage! (hug)

We haven't gotten any cancellations or anything here yet, but I have a feeling that a closing is possible. Our county screwed up really badly on calling storms twice last year-- once for a tornado when they made people come in and the winds were ridiculously high, and the second time for a huge rainstorm like this when they held us for an hour and a half after school when they should've let us out early to beat the storm. They're definitely going to err on the side of caution after all the angry parent responses.

Also I should maybe stop listening to Zelda music. I have so many Song of Storms remixes, that can't be helping the situation.

Spaz-- Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. :C
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #57573
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm hoping my school closes. If we get the winds they are predicting I don't want to drive 40 minutes.

At work we're completely sold out of flashlights, D-batteries and water. And in MA were just getting the outskirts! I think everyone just remembers Irene.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #57574
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I'm going to vote ))
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #57575
StarsCASSiOPEiA

Luna-- I'm in your boat too. Since I'm doing an internship thing on top of school, I'd have to make at least 4 driving trips of ~20 minutes each, and I reallllly don't want to do that.

Things need to announce closings. >.>
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #57576
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
At work we're completely sold out of flashlights, D-batteries and water. And in MA were just getting the outskirts! I think everyone just remembers Irene.
Lol Irene.......down here we were all so worried and whatever and it ended up having the same effects as a regular thunderstorm. But that's just here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Oh wow, I hope that there's no damage! (hug)

We haven't gotten any cancellations or anything here yet, but I have a feeling that a closing is possible. Our county screwed up really badly on calling storms twice last year-- once for a tornado when they made people come in and the winds were ridiculously high, and the second time for a huge rainstorm like this when they held us for an hour and a half after school when they should've let us out early to beat the storm. They're definitely going to err on the side of caution after all the angry parent responses.

Also I should maybe stop listening to Zelda music. I have so many Song of Storms remixes, that can't be helping the situation.
I hope so too! And ouch, that sucks. If I were a parent I would've just kept my kids home or taken them out early. :|
Song of Storms lolololololololol
well, we all know who to blame if this gets as bad as we all imagined! :P
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #57577
StarsCASSiOPEiA

A lot of the parents did come and get their kids/kept them home on the tornado day, yeah. The school was a mess. The thunderstorm day, we could've made it home on the buses, but NOPE. *headdesk*

Maybe I should go learn the Song of Sun now. I, er, haven't actually learned to play that on my real ocarina... xD
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #57578
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
A lot of the parents did come and get their kids/kept them home on the tornado day, yeah. The school was a mess. The thunderstorm day, we could've made it home on the buses, but NOPE. *headdesk*

Maybe I should go learn the Song of Sun now. I, er, haven't actually learned to play that on my real ocarina... xD
It's three notes! XD
....I believe in you!
Yeah. I mean, I think I'd want to go to school anyway because we're all terrified of missing too much since we'd be missing an hour and a half of each class.
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #57579
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I was just watching some US official on the news. I didn't realise this storm was so serious.

Although, from what I understand of American politics, Obama and Romney'll be finding a way to blame one another for it next week.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #57580
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Yeah, pretty much. But the election is only a week away so thank god for small favors.

Work is going to be insane and people are going to be cranky. I'm going to get yelled at.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #57581
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I went to restaurant today and I got mad like hell!! The waitress poured on me whole sparkling wine glass, so basically my shirt and whole pants were wet and the only one think I heard from her was 'Oh, I'm sorry'. She didn't helped me to clean this whole shit out even! Nothing!! Her ass saved her friend - other waiter who jumped to us and said that sparkling wine and desserts are on the house. Ehhh.......
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #57582
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Welp, gottastorm. My mother is telling us to pack our important things and she's putting documents and waters in our car. My brother is here helping my dad get branches off the trees around us, and we're all charging our devices. ._.

Oh yeah, my school is closed till wednesday ._.

Last edited by LoliLovely : 10-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #57583
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Eep! Loli, stay safe! .-.

Aaaand I'm gonna go to rehearsal.....I'm surprised there still IS rehearsal. Unless there's a memo I just haven't gotten.
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #57584
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hurricanes suck. ButI live in Ssoutheastern Ontario where we'll just be getting heavy rain and wind compared to a legit hurricane-force storm. But unsurprisingly, the stores are packed and I've heard chainsaws and leafblowers going all day (if you think Southern Ontario doeesn't get hurricanes/tropical storms, look up Hurricane Hazel. It actually permanently changed a lot of Toronto's residential areas and layout). ....the main thing I'm teed off about, however is it's probably going to be pouring rain on HALLOWEEN of all times. And I also have to take the train on Tuesday, but I doubt it'll have any delays.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #57585
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Laughing at everyone who thinks this is going to be a hurricaine... Here in RI it's PROBABLY just gonna rain.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote