Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2860 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #57916
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I tried to see Wreck-It Ralph on Friday with a big group of people, including my friend's ~8 year-old niece. Everyone made it on time, we all got tickets, even managed to wrangle seats together. And then, just as the "pre show" was about to start, the whole mall, including the entire theatre, had to be evacuated because there was a small fire in one of the mall restaurants. We couldn't even get a refund on our tickets since everyone had to leave immediately. Plans to try another theatre were also squished when it took well over an hour just to get out of the mall parking lot.

Really hope that I can see it sometime this week.

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #57917
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I can't wait to buy an N64. ;A:

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #57918
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Almost home after a fairly long train ride. At least I got the entire seat to myself. Oog, and I have ballet tonight AND tomorrow morning/noon.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #57919
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

My fingers are going numb from the cold in this office. It's taking me longer to fix my typos than it is to get out a sentence.

A coworker went to the campus Dunkin Donuts to get us hot drinks and showed me the gift card she got for it. It is not a DD gift card. It is, I shit you not, a blank white card with
DUNKIN DONUTS
GIFT CARD
stuck across the front with a label maker. This place is so legit.

I tried to take a picture of the card but my phone will not display it. Maybe it's cursed. Maybe we're all cursed.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #57920
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
It's Guy Fawkes night, but I have nothing to do. No fireworks, no bonfires, no toffee apples, no marshmallows. Instead I'm sat inside reading for university.
You could post the highly exploited "Remember Remember" bit on your facebook like a dozen or so tards on my FB friends list. YO CATS AREN'T EVEN BRITISH, NOR HAD KNOWLEDGE OF GUY FAWKES DAY PRIOR TO V FOR VENDETTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
So basically you want to do a mix of fandom and musical? I do this all the time in my head, I cast the characters as the musical characters.
I'd rage, but then it dawned on my that Gambit and Travolta have both been mostly irrelevant since 1996. Good hustle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
A coworker went to the campus Dunkin Donuts to get us hot drinks and showed me the gift card she got for it. It is not a DD gift card. It is, I shit you not, a blank white card with
DUNKIN DONUTS
GIFT CARD
stuck across the front with a label maker. This place is so legit.

I tried to take a picture of the card but my phone will not display it. Maybe it's cursed. Maybe we're all cursed.
That's some fine improv gift card hustle.

And does this curse come with a free frozen yogust? Frogurt? And is this frogurt also cursed? And do I get a free topping w/ said frogurt?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #57921
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
You could post the highly exploited "Remember Remember" bit on your facebook like a dozen or so tards on my FB friends list. YO CATS AREN'T EVEN BRITISH, NOR HAD KNOWLEDGE OF GUY FAWKES DAY PRIOR TO V FOR VENDETTA.
I first heard about Guy Fawkes Day on Daria - does that make me cooler than the Vendetta fans?

---

I have to stop going to the greasepit Italian place for lunch. What I first thought was cheese in my panzerotto turned out to be uncooked pizza dough. WORST CHEESE EVER.
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #57922
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
And seem to miss the point of it entirely.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #57923
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

I'd rage, but then it dawned on my that Gambit and Travolta have both been mostly irrelevant since 1996. Good hustle.
Honestly I feel like I couldn't cast Xmen characters in musicals cuz there are too many.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #57924
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
....what. XD
I was half asleep. Somehow that's when all my ideas come to me. It makes it really difficult for me to get to sleep at a decent hour because of this.

Quote:
So basically you want to do a mix of fandom and musical? I do this all the time in my head, I cast the characters as the musical characters.
I don't think I'll have them singing in my version. I'm just gonna keep the movie plot but have the XME characters in it. I'll just listen to the sound track as I write and picture them singing...Heehee I think I've lost my mind....

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #57925
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post

I was half asleep. Somehow that's when all my ideas come to me. It makes it really difficult for me to get to sleep at a decent hour because of this.

I don't think I'll have them singing in my version. I'm just gonna keep the movie plot but have the XME characters in it. I'll just listen to the sound track as I write and picture them singing...Heehee I think I've lost my mind....
I want to do a crossover with Labyrinth but change it enough so it doesn't completely follow and makes sense to the other fandom... should be fun xD
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #57926
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I first heard about Guy Fawkes Day on Daria - does that make me cooler than the Vendetta fans?
Your cooler by default because you read several excellent comics and dress up as Kim. YOU. ARE. RAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
And seem to miss the point of it entirely.
That's a given.

Quote:
Honestly I feel like I couldn't cast Xmen characters in musicals cuz there are too many.
Can't and shouldn't, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post

....well at least we're talking about the X-men. Penny was right, we are all cursed!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #57927
AnnerBear

Went grocery shopping today lots of yummy foods have been bought... Planning on going to my parents house tonight and fix dinner before taking their car and going to Gamestop for midnight release of Halo4 Very good day leading to an awesome night.

Cosplays In Progress
Mine
Adult Nel (Bleach)
Lambo (Katekyō Hitman Reborn)
Blair (Soul Eater)
Harley Quinn (Batman)

Cal's
Ban Kai Itsygo (Ichigo)
Tsuna (Hitman Reborn)
Pokemon Trainer

My Etsy Shop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TehBearsCrochets

My Shops Facebook (Currently doing a giveaway check it out)
https://www.facebook.com/Tehbearscrochets

My Skype
Kiisu719
AnnerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #57928
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

In what way are we cursed?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #57929
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Why is it cold? Why does my nose run when it's cold?
Why does the tingling in my finger tips get worse in the cold?
Why doesmy town need 3 neuorology practices?
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #57930
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am entering a piece in the fighting games elite sites unofficial Mega Man tribute. I've got a pretty rough sketch of the idea I have so far, the stipulations is that the characters must be done in the image of Mega Man 1 but themes or elements from other games are acceptable. As are stylistic choices of the individual artists.

This is what I've gotten so far. Those are balloons crappily thrown on for positions sake, I swear I make better art.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote