Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4002 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #58411
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Ok, these are bickies.

Those look more like scones covered in gravy.
I'm having a strange feeling of Deja vu. Bisected, didn't we have this exact conversation about biscuits before?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #58412
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I'm having a strange feeling of Deja vu. Bisected, didn't we have this exact conversation about biscuits before?
I think so. It might have been when I was talking about scones in the food topic...

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #58413
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Had to spend $100 on a replacement sun visor for my car. It was either $100 for a new one in the wrong color, or $100 for a used one that matched. I went for the matchy one.

I also need to bring the car in to figure out why the check engine light is on.

Spending money on frivolous things is one thing, but when I have to drop major cash on necessities it really grinds my gears.

Go fig.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #58414
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I think so. It might have been when I was talking about scones in the food topic...
Actually, I believe it was on DA when you made those lemon biscuits.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #58415
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Actually, I believe it was on DA when you made those lemon biscuits.
I just checked the comments on the picture, it was indeed.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #58416
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I just watched Orochimaru dancing Gangnam style..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZTQy_jlXI - I don't know what to say.... O_o
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #58417
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I need a narwhal t shirt. How I have gotten this far in life without this t shirt is a mystery...

http://www.amazon.com/Narwhals-T-Shi...ef=pd_sim_a_27

Check out the rest of their range, they're the most brilliantly awful shirts I've ever seen.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=brand_lt...fs-browse-rank

Dog is military gear are the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #58418
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Had to spend $100 on a replacement sun visor for my car. It was either $100 for a new one in the wrong color, or $100 for a used one that matched. I went for the matchy one.

I also need to bring the car in to figure out why the check engine light is on.

Spending money on frivolous things is one thing, but when I have to drop major cash on necessities it really grinds my gears.

Go fig.
I'd rather spend $10 on Hello Kitty fleece PJ bottoms then on lunch for myself at home.

Re:Language stuff

I am kinda late to this party but the other day some jackass commented on the video of a Japanese fellow who was producing some cooking vidyas. The guy commented something to the effect of "Why can't this guy get his 'R's right! Even the Germans can get it right." (specifically something about Germans..) So I offered my professional opinion of shutting up and informing this gentleman of why the man sounded to be reversing his 'r' and 'l' when speaking English.

But of course it wasn't enough that a foreigner was fluent in English and was once an exchange student at an American college. He spoke English in his own dialect, HOW DARE HE.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #58419
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I need a narwhal t shirt. How I have gotten this far in life without this t shirt is a mystery...

http://www.amazon.com/Narwhals-T-Shi...ef=pd_sim_a_27

Check out the rest of their range, they're the most brilliantly awful shirts I've ever seen.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=brand_lt...fs-browse-rank

Dog is military gear are the best.
Some of those shirts show up on Fab periodically, I-- OH MY GOD A DOUBLE RAINBOW UNICORN SHIRT BRB BUYING A DOZEN.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #58420
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
CHECK OUT MY NEW ICON, MY ICON'S AMAZING!
Aww yissss Anderson.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #58421
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Some of those shirts remind me of stuff sold at the Cracker Barrel.

(One day, I hear shouting outside my office. I am subsequently paged by one of my cashiers, who has some slight mental retardation, but is nonetheless an excellent worker. Upon walking to the front of the store, I see he’s with a customer dressed in an odd ensemble of a sports jacket, pink dress shirt, slacks and shoes without socks.)

Me: “Hi, is there a problem?”

Cashier: *is about to speak, but is cut off by the customer*

Customer: “I’ll say there is! I gave this guy a twenty to pay for my $11.00 bottle of wine, and he gave me back a five! I can’t believe you have such dishonest scum working here!!”

(I check the customer’s receipt and see it adds up properly. I look over at the cashier, who is a tad pale and looks like he’s about to start crying from the verbal abuse earlier.)

Me: “Why don’t you come with me into my office? I’ll count his drawer up in there and see if he made a mistake.”

(The customer looks pleasantly surprised and follows me to the back. No sooner have I set cashier’s drawer down then he slaps a sheet of paper on top of it.)

Customer: “Good! Well, if you have a moment, I’d like to put in for a job here. The staff is definitely incompetent, so you really must need someone to fix this place up.”

(I glance down at the paper, which turns out to be a CV. At the top the customer has listed his preferred positon as ‘Store Manager or General Manager’.)

Me: “Okay, first off, sir, we’re actually fully staffed at the moment so I don’t really have any open spots I can hire you for. Second off, company policy is to promote managers from inside the store, not just take some random person off the street. Third off, I AM the store manager and have no intention of leaving my position any time soon so I’m not looking for replacements. If you’re serious about working here, I’d advise you to fill out an application for a cashier or sales associate and focus on working your way up.”

Customer: “But… but I have a college degree!”

Me: “So do several million other people in this state. In fact, the cashier that you claimed short changed you just now is due to graduate with a Bachelors in Computer Science this year.”

Customer: “Wha… him?! But he’s an idiot!”

Me: “No, he has a minor form of cerebral palsy, and has been working hard to overcome it for years. I must say I’m actually quite impressed that he’s managed to maintain such a solid work ethic and get himself through school in spite of his disability. Now, let’s see if he did in fact make a mistake on your purchase…”

(I count up the drawer, and it balances perfectly. The customer looks increasingly despondent as I do this.)

Me: “Well, it seems to be correct right down to the penny. Are you sure he only gave you back $5 in change?”

Customer: “Well… um… I may have been mistaken.” *leaves*
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #58422
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
a customer dressed in an odd ensemble of a sports jacket, pink dress shirt, slacks and shoes without socks
I guess that's odd if you're not in a yacht club on the North Shore.

Here I can't drive down the street with almost running over someone dressed exactly like that.
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #58423
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I guess that's odd if you're not in a yacht club on the North Shore.

Here I can't drive down the street with almost running over someone dressed exactly like that.
Folks in Shadygate are more often clothed in dirty jeans and oversized tee shirts, considering there is a lot of factory work in the area I doubt they're going to dress to the nines just to go to Wally World after dealing with caustic acid.

As a whole, it's pretty rare to see anyone dressed 'fancier' then basic jeans/tees/simple jackets kinda clothes.

Ann Arbor, now that's something else. If you are around the area we go to that's the campus town kinda area it's like a whole spectrum of hipster get ups.

Hipsters. Hipsters everywhere.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #58424
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Wheat Thins. Omg. Why are you so tasty.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #58425
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

So apparently once you get past level 50 in skyrim it stops fucking around.

Three of the strongest vampires at once, I can barely handle one, ohgodwhyimoneofyouleavemealoneandletsgodrinkblood.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote