Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3083 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #58846
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am really not looking forward to my mothers visit. I tried to subtly get her to understand that we have other stuff going on and I can't just write off an entire week because she's coming over. She then said that she's coming in on the 11th and will stay here overnight since we're closest to the airport and wants to stay overnight the night before her flight out for the same reason.

Boyfriend has pretty much said he's not too keen on her sleeping here either.

Because it's him who has to spend the time comforting me and reassuring me that my mother is just crazy and I shouldn't listen to her. Brando is the one who has to see me crying because my mother just cannot keep her mouth shut and has to be mean and defensive at all times. Brando is the one who's around to see how my mothers words effect me and I understand that having been in that position he wouldn't want the person who makes me feel consistently awful on a daily basis to be sleeping in the living room.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #58847
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

The bulb in my light was flickering, so I just replaced it.

The new one's brighter than actual daylight! =3

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #58848
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oooh, cool. I left some in-shell peanuts on my windowsills at Dad's suggestion, and I got to see why; the blue jay who's been coming regularly to my feeder takes the nut in a foot/holds it down on the sill and hammers it open with his beak, then either eats or flies off with the nut. Pretty neat. I've only seen chickadees do that with sunflower seeds.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #58849
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Your new AnarCHris appointed nickname is J-Babs. Also a new issue of Saga dropped on Wednesday, it has the most terrifying/hilarious single page image to date.
Ummm, how about no? Please no?
I will definitely look for Saga when I'm downtown next week. Terrifying/hilarious is something I need more of in my life.

... also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I knew a very young woman named Barbara Ann, poor thing. Yes, like the song, her mother was happy to inform everyone she met. Her first name was actually Barbara Ann.
*cringe*

Last edited by MaiSheri : 11-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #58850
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Your name is so perfect.
...What?

I'm gonna eat me some cereal.

Again, You're mom makes me upset Emmers, please take walks, whatever you can to keep the interaction to a minimum.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 11-16-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #58851
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
...What?
I just think your name fits you really well.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #58852
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My name doesn't seem to fit me really well. It means 'rival' or 'industrious' according to babynames.com or whatever. Apparently it can also mean to 'strive or excel'.

My mother picked the name instead of Amelia or Emma because at the time I was born Emily was not a popular name. The year I was born happened to be the year that Emily as a baby name surged to the top of the list and stayed that way to around 2009.

I do like that I can be in some distant way related to Emily Dickinson.

Thanks to Tumblr I found out leopard print has been out of style since the 1800's
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #58853
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Thanks to Tumblr I found out leopard print has been out of style since the 1800's
Leopard print has never been out of style.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #58854
Lithium Flower
Handphones

PennyD you cray cray.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #58855
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
I just think your name fits you really well.
Well congratulations, you're the first person to not make fun of my middle name after hearing it that isn't family.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #58856
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
PennyD you cray cray.
This has never been disputed.

I am, however, totally right about leopard print. That shit is TIMELESS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Well congratulations, you're the first person to not make fun of my middle name after hearing it that isn't family.
Far be it from me to mock perfection.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #58857
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

i just had my gf spend a month and a half over at my place. my mother is still trying my spite my gf to make her feel horrible. while my mother will drive to other cities to meet various boyfriends she would not drive my gf and i to the mall that was in tow even though we needed to pick up some stuff for my gfs cosplay. so she made my gf and i bike there and back, we finally got back home when it was dark.

oh the things my mom did to spite my gf... such as when my gf and i where cooking in the kitchen she would get some food out and sit at the kitchen table and watch us when she normally would go into her office and eat it there. my mom also kept trying to talk to us at the worst moments. my mom would joke about my gf talking some of the guys shes "talking" to and other akquard things, my mom would try to slip ideas to try to break my gf and i up. my mom thinks the worst of everyone and is not happy until everyone around her is "miserble" as she is.

now on to my gf. my gf is a very funny person. whenever a girl or woman would appear on the screen when we where watching tv or a movie she would say "shes too damn pretty!!!" or if the girl was showing a little skin she would call her a whore and a slut. what i really find funny is how she gets upset when i talk about not real female anime characters and female cosplayers; so it seems its ok for her to get excited to talk about male anime characters and male cosplayers of her favorite characters. if i even mentioned anything about a female cosplayer or character she will give me a bad look. id never cheat on her ever and those anime characters are not real.. she knows that but does not care.. like somehow i can get with them. after she went back home the crap starting flying agian with her getting upset over small things i did not do right and other insecure low self-esteem things. its getting annyoing that i have to watch what i say with her seeing how sensitve she is about everything i crack a good joke a normal lotr fan would laugh at and she acts like i said something horrible. also anything i post that could have the slight possiblity that a girl might like it she would get upset about.

tl;dr my mom hates when other people are happy and my gf is a hypocrite thats insecure
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #58858
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I've always quite liked the name Kenneth, probably because my favorite character from any book ever is called Kennit, and it's kinda similar.

Don't shorten it to Ken though. Ugh.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #58859
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
I've always quite liked the name Kenneth, probably because my favorite character from any book ever is called Kennit, and it's kinda similar.

i can see why, its not used much is still pretty unique.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #58860
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post

Your hair's not blond enough to be called Ken anyway.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote