Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3184 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #58861
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
i just had my gf spend a month and a half over at my place. my mother is still trying my spite my gf to make her feel horrible. while my mother will drive to other cities to meet various boyfriends she would not drive my gf and i to the mall that was in tow even though we needed to pick up some stuff for my gfs cosplay. so she made my gf and i bike there and back, we finally got back home when it was dark.

oh the things my mom did to spite my gf... such as when my gf and i where cooking in the kitchen she would get some food out and sit at the kitchen table and watch us when she normally would go into her office and eat it there. my mom also kept trying to talk to us at the worst moments. my mom would joke about my gf talking some of the guys shes "talking" to and other akquard things, my mom would try to slip ideas to try to break my gf and i up. my mom thinks the worst of everyone and is not happy until everyone around her is "miserble" as she is.

now on to my gf. my gf is a very funny person. whenever a girl or woman would appear on the screen when we where watching tv or a movie she would say "shes too damn pretty!!!" or if the girl was showing a little skin she would call her a whore and a slut. what i really find funny is how she gets upset when i talk about not real female anime characters and female cosplayers; so it seems its ok for her to get excited to talk about male anime characters and male cosplayers of her favorite characters. if i even mentioned anything about a female cosplayer or character she will give me a bad look. id never cheat on her ever and those anime characters are not real.. she knows that but does not care.. like somehow i can get with them. after she went back home the crap starting flying agian with her getting upset over small things i did not do right and other insecure low self-esteem things. its getting annyoing that i have to watch what i say with her seeing how sensitve she is about everything i crack a good joke a normal lotr fan would laugh at and she acts like i said something horrible. also anything i post that could have the slight possiblity that a girl might like it she would get upset about.

tl;dr my mom hates when other people are happy and my gf is a hypocrite thats insecure
Wasn't there a rule last time about bringing up your g/f? Or was the rule we were advised to just avoid it?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #58862
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Wasn't there a rule last time about bringing up your g/f? Or was the rule we were advised to just avoid it?
i just needed to get that off my chest really, everyone can ignore it.
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #58863
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
i just needed to get that off my chest really, everyone can ignore it.
why'd you put it here and not our rant thread o.o

Also for the record, it's not being "funny" when your g/f calls a girl a slut or a whore for showing skin... it's actually pretty fucked up and cruel
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #58864
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I always have an existential crisis when I mistype my employee number at work and get told I'm "invalid".
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #58865
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Ummm, how about no? Please no?
I will definitely look for Saga when I'm downtown next week. Terrifying/hilarious is something I need more of in my life.

FINEEEEEEEEEEE, YOU SAID PLEASE, I GUESS ILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER/WORST.

And yessssssssssssss, Saga is so good...as you know

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #58866
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
why'd you put it here and not our rant thread o.o

Also for the record, it's not being "funny" when your g/f calls a girl a slut or a whore for showing skin... it's actually pretty fucked up and cruel
its more of a status update than a rant. i really appreciate how cool your being with this most people would call me on it.

and i was being sarcasitic when i said funny, but yea i agree.
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #58867
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Your girlfriend's got issue bro.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #58868
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
its more of a status update than a rant. i really appreciate how cool your being with this most people would call me on it.

and i was being sarcasitic when i said funny, but yea i agree.
I think we all have pretty much just come to the agreement in this thread that whenever your g/f is brought up we just zip our lips.
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #58869
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Your hair's not blond enough to be called Ken anyway.
I see Bisected made the joke for me. *smirk*

Quote:
I think we all have pretty much just come to the agreement in this thread that whenever your g/f is brought up we just zip our lips.
The topic has been covered before too, so yeah.

Emmers-- Oh no. :C We're here for you too, should you need any more moral support or someone to vent to! I'm glad to hear dinner went well, though.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #58870
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Emmers-- Oh no. :C We're here for you too, should you need any more moral support or someone to vent to! I'm glad to hear dinner went well, though.
Thank you.
I just don't know what to do about it.
This might get long and upsetting so if anyone wants to read it I'll put it in spoiler tags:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)

For the year I was at Boyfriends house with his family it seemed like my mom was a completely different person. She encouraged the move into the apartment under her own conditions that she and my father (they are divorced, but she never pursued child support from him so I think this is her view on him providing for me in a way he did not when I was a child.) contribute some money to me each month to help pay rent until I find stable work.

But as soon as she came to visit a few months back she changed into being nasty and unpleasant all over again.It's like she saw that I gained weight and she decided that it must because my life is horrible and I am overeating because (I don't overeat by the way..) I am depressed and miserable. Since then all of her conversations with me center around whether I lost weight or not, hinting at if I have (asking if I need clothes for Christmas for example, and yes I know how my mother is I know exactly what she was implying with her question), and continually asking if I am happy with Brandon.

When she came to visit a few months back she kept suggesting ways that Brando find higher paying work and every single one of them was him leaving the state and me staying here or him leaving the state and I go live with her for 6 months until he'd come back from whatever random shit kinda idea she had for him. She doesn't remember saying it, and I know she'd deny it if I confronted her about it, but when I first started dating him she once yelled at me that if she was alone I should be alone too. So when she calls me she's always making these suggestive comments asking me if I am happy, if Brandon and I are 'good', and if I was not happy would I tell her? That sort of thing.

Brandon knows all this, and he's torn between feeling an obligation to letting my mom do whatever she wants since in our minds she's basically paid for us to move in versus feeling a lot of animosity towards the way she treats me.

Neither of us mind her visiting.
But neither of us want her staying here. At least not for more then a night. Brandon works all day Monday-Friday and the weekend is the only time alone we have of any significance.
But I am afraid that if I tell her she can't stay here she'll turn on me like she did before I moved in with Brandon and his family and without the money she's giving us I don't think we could afford to live on our own.
She's basically 'bought me off' with her fake generosity and I realize now that she knows this and is going to abuse it.

TL:
I feel like I owe my mother, she's taking advantage of that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #58871
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Unrelated note, boyfriends full name is Daniel Wilson.

Oh god the feels tonight. I LOVE YOU ALL <3
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #58872
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I hate seeing other people with my name, it just weirds me out. Like I always assume that they're talking about me when I see it, so I'm either really egocentric or really paranoid.

It should just be me and Ryan Gosling. Thats it!

Also I read Uncanny X Men: Quarantine today, now I'm a bit in love with Pixie and Dazzler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 11-16-2012 at 05:19 PM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #58873
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Oh god the feels tonight. I LOVE YOU ALL <3
...Why? What brought this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Also I read Uncanny X Men: Quarantine today, now I'm a bit in love with Pixie and Dazzler.
Clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #58874
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Bleh. Why can't I get my effing schedule already, work? It's my last day for this week and I need to know wtf I'm doing next week...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #58875
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Im hungy.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote