Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4003 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #58936
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

That's what most people usually do here (except the reusable bags are just thicker than usual plastic ones).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #58937
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I had worked at a Toys R Us store over a year ago, and surprisingly reusable bags are somewhat common, especially for parents who aren't planning on buying large items.

My first job ever was actually at a grocery store also, and we would always give plastic bags to people unless they ask for paper bags. Paper bags were a pain though, since they were harder to pack, and a pain to fit in a cart when someone buys a lot of things. Even worse when people wanted them double bagged. Glad that job was for less than 6 months at least
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #58938
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Oh. Really? I've never seen people use those types of bags, but then again I don't really get out much.
Which is sad, but true.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #58939
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Haha, maybe not common enough that there's like 1 customer every hour using them, but enough for maybe 1 customer every 2 hours. They sell them at Toys R Us too, and I use to see people buy them. I had to refill them quite a bit, and they had some decent disney and video game character ones. Some reusable bags make good gift bags too, and are a lot cheaper than gift bags ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #58940
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I must have a dozen of those reusable bags around my apartment (some cloth, some heavy plastic, the LCBO one is by far the best with a strong flat bottom and pockets to keep bottles upright). I rarely keep them in my purse though, which means that they rarely get used since most of my shopping trips aren't specifically planned ahead.
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #58941
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Aren't you supposed to carry those from the bottom?

Anyway, SOLUTION:

:'D

I actually feel like those would be a pain to carry around. But then again you could stick it in a cart/basket while you're shopping so I guess not. Hmm.
Yeah, from the bottom means I can't carry it around properly. I already have to balance my purse/shoulderbag that loves to slide OFF my shoulder regardless of what's in it or what I'm wearing, and usually other bags too if I'm out. Having to essentially cradle a bag of something in one arm that I can't carry by the top, use my arm now, put down quickly or such? Nuh uh.
(And those reusable bags were generally the ones I was taking about, but less blatantly hippieish.) Usually for little objects I just stick them in my purse/shoulderbag, but if I obviously need a bag, I'm getting plastic unless I planned on grocery shopping.

....also, anyone have tips on making sure eggs don't get broken? Not having a car means I get bumped and jostled around a crapton more from either walking or bussing home, and I'm always afraid my eggs will get cracked as a result. I love eggs but I hate having to buy them because of that.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #58942
Mr Zero

I own a reusable bag but never seem to use it. I got it because of the design and how cheap it was. Always forget to bring it with me when i'm out though
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #58943
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have a ton of reusable bags, I use them when I go grocery shopping. I love the insulated ones - they're perfect if I decide to go to Shaws, which is a bit further that stop and shop, since they keep my veggies and meats cold. (They're also good if you're picking up take out)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #58944
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I have way too much fitness stuff showing up on my dash on tumblr. Who do I even follow that reblogs that much fitness stuff>
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #58945
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

FINALLY watched the newest MLP episode. ....oh god, it was marvelous.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #58946
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My girlfriend dropped her phone on my eye. It's starting bruise.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #58947
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I think I'm gonna get this haircut
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #58948
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
And I'd be less annoyed with the reusable cloth ones if they made ones WITHOUT giant handles that mean my short legs and long arms=bag drags on the ground unless I bend my arm or tie the handles shorter.
Late to the discussion, but...

I wish I could send you a couple of these bags. They're really nice. One set of short handles and one set of long handles made out of nylon strapping (the same stuff found on backpacks), and the bag itself is made out of tarp material and is absurdly strong. The short handles mean I can carry the bag about 6-7 inches off the ground and the long handles are just long enough to carry the bag on your shoulder.

The only problem is that since they're taller than they are long, things in the bottom might get smushed and also cashiers/baggers tend to keep putting items in them til they're full and super heavy. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #58949
Lithium Flower
Handphones

While cleaning the fish tank I checked on the very very small fishie and saw that his back tail fin has been like..ripped off and it looks like he's got little bites on him. So now I am keeping him in a small enclosure alone :\

He's extremely small compared to how big the other fish have become and I think that he's been bullied by them and though I've seen him eat it's pretty clear he isn't getting as much food as the other fish.

So now I feel like shit because I didn't separate this fish earlier and now he's been hurt by the big fish.

I might just have to keep him alone forever or try and beef him up until he'd big enough to compete with the other fish.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #58950
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Meghan and I were talking, we may get an African Pygmy hedgehog instead of a chinchilla. There's a breeder one town over with a good record and the hedgehog needs less space. We're going to talk it over a bit more, but since there's a several month wait, I want to send the application in ASAP.
My Cat's Tumblr