Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3960 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #58981
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Oh god! That baby snail!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #58982
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I haven't had venison in years. But it was wicked fresh. As in my dad shot it this morning fresh. I miss venison jerky.
It's for Thanksgiving. And the "ugh" was for having to drive into Brooklyn, not the venison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #58983
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I haven't had venison in years. But it was wicked fresh. As in my dad shot it this morning fresh. I miss venison jerky.
Apparently my mothers first husband, my sister and brothers father, was quite a hunter and make deer jerky that they all said was pretty good.

I've never had anything considered 'exotic'.

Quote:
Oh god! That baby snail!
I KNOW RIGHT.

He's so tiny. I almost washed him down the sink because I thought he was a piece of one of the pebbles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It's for Thanksgiving. And the "ugh" was for having to drive into Brooklyn, not the venison.
People drive in New York?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #58984
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I have the decency to not put on a charade.

If I don't like you, I let you know that.

Thankfully I'm a delightful person that is just impossible to hate.
Same, I prefer to just not be in your company and avoid you altogether if I dislike you.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #58985
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I love tiny things!

I forgot to do a partial water change on Tsuki's tank yesterday. I'm going over again tomorro, I'll do it then. (Your poor little fishie reminded me Emmers).

I just realized how many pets we're going to have when I move in.

A hamster
A Betta (Gf's died two weeks ago)
4 cats
and hopefully a hedgehog.

We're insane.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #58986
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have 13 goldfish and a mouse.

If I can talk my mom into it I am hoping she'll bring my pet cat back with her from Colorado.

and my Tamagotchi had a baby..I am not ready for that kind of child rearing.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #58987
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I like fish. They're easy pets and don't expect anything from you except some pellets.

I gave Tsuki a moth one day. He went insane! He loved it.

Peanut doesn't really expect much either. Food, water, clean fluffing and a yogurt treat now and then and he's happy. He never really liked being handled but he likes to be petted.

Cats are demanding. And noisy.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #58988
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I like fish. They're easy pets and don't expect anything from you except some pellets.

I gave Tsuki a moth one day. He went insane! He loved it.

Peanut doesn't really expect much either. Food, water, clean fluffing and a yogurt treat now and then and he's happy. He never really liked being handled but he likes to be petted.

Cats are demanding. And noisy.
Somehow a couple of my goldfish ended up with black smudges on them which I researched as being something related to algae that builds up and can burn them and it fades after a while once the water is freshly changed. When I cleaned the tank today I found that the filter might not have been working properly and I think that's why too much stuff built up :\ I never had an issue before so I was really concerned but they're otherwise fine. I hope it clears up.

Fievel is getting more socialized with me but after having the issues with Murray he became a bit jumpy with me so I want to give him time to adjust and socialize.

Edit:

If anyone wants to see, here's the commish we did.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 11-19-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #58989
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Sometimes I wish I had pets. But I kind of have neat-freak tendencies (which you would NOT guess from seeing the messes I leave everywhere.......it's a different type of neat. >.>) so I don't think I would be a good candidate for pet ownership.

Also, stress. dlskdjf;sldkj streeeeesssss.
I finally looked at the self evaluation/reflection requirements sheet today and realized I have no idea what to put in that essay, and the thought of speaking in front of a ton of people is seriously scaring me.
Why can't talking be like dancing? I like dancing. I don't sound stupid. Maybe I look stupid sometimes but......I have so much more control.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #58990
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Somehow a couple of my goldfish ended up with black smudges on them which I researched as being something related to algae that builds up and can burn them and it fades after a while once the water is freshly changed. When I cleaned the tank today I found that the filter might not have been working properly and I think that's why too much stuff built up :\ I never had an issue before so I was really concerned but they're otherwise fine. I hope it clears up.

Fievel is getting more socialized with me but after having the issues with Murray he became a bit jumpy with me so I want to give him time to adjust and socialize.
I never knew that about goldfish. My betta tank doesn't have a filter, I just change about a quarter of his water every week.

Peanut is social, he just doesn't like being picked up. He doesn't bite, just squirms. His cage has a little part that come off (a petting zone) and we put him in there to show him off. He likes it.(This is his cage we've added a lookout tower to it. Which is a pain in the butt to wash but he loves it so its worth it.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #58991
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
What part of the city? I doubt anywhere near Bay Ridge huh?

ALSO FULLBLEED, IS THAT A PIXIE ICON? BECAUSE IF IT IS, WE NEED TO TALK RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE PIXIE IS KIND OF FANTASTIC!

In other news, had an awesome weekend, and I enjoyed far too much Seth McFarlane-based entertaintment. Like 4 episodes of American Dad and "Ted". Ted was actually a lot funnier than expected, but then again it played up the Flash Gordon/BAWSTON-based jokes, which is how you make something appeal to me.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #58992
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Had a nice weekend off, now I'm back to work. And I'm reminded yet again why I despise public transit in this city so much. At least the route I take. It's known as the ghetto route for a reason. Whereas the ones that serve the college/university and the richer parts of town...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #58993
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I used to have goldfish. Man, they sucked.

My sister let one of hers die once and wouldn't get rid of it, and it totally turned into a little fish skeleton, floating around the tank, and all her other fish were like "Are you fucking serious with this shit!?"

She was.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #58994
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I never knew that about goldfish. My betta tank doesn't have a filter, I just change about a quarter of his water every week.

Peanut is social, he just doesn't like being picked up. He doesn't bite, just squirms. His cage has a little part that come off (a petting zone) and we put him in there to show him off. He likes it.(This is his cage we've added a lookout tower to it. Which is a pain in the butt to wash but he loves it so its worth it.
According to the pet shop Goldfish just release a lot of ammonia compared to other fish, so having several in a tank means we need to keep a close watch on the water quality and if the filter is functioning properly. We also had to throw out the live plants because they where pulled from their roots somehow, maybe the plants where contributing to the algae build up as well /shrug/

The filter seems to be working fine, but the one thing that kind of sucks is that it's tinted so you can't see the true color of the filter cartridge. I thought the filter was working fine but when I pulled it out the whole thing was green with algae I couldn't see without yanking the filter out. :| I am thinking about picking up some different water balancing solutions in the future but so far everything online says a water change should help clear up ammonia burns and the like.

Fievel is warming up being picked up, but the first days he was with us when I'd pick him up it was to pull him away from Murray....so he's still not totally trusting yet. I try to just put my hand in there and let him climb on me himself so he knows it's not a bad thing when my hand goes in the cage.

I used to have a Critter Trail house for my old mice years back, I can't find an exact image of it anymore but here's a picture of Hannibal in the tunnel that goes to the wheel:

The reason I stopped using Critter Trail is because one day I woke up to find that the entire habitat had toppled over because of the weight from them using the wheel. Which was an extension from the cage itself. Hannibal had fallen and was sitting scared inside some pieces of the habitat and was easy to capture but Misha was roaming the apartment and I was lucky enough to see her in the pantry before I left for school and caught her again.

The thing is at the time I was keeping the habitat in the bathroom on the toilet back(I had my own bathroom in the apartment and my mother initially didn't like me having them in my bedroom until this incident), so if I'd have left the seat open over night they could have drowned. Not only that but this was a short time before I was able to bring my cat back from my fathers house. So if I had my cat at the time this happened both of them surely would have been killed.

:| I never trusted Critter Trail stuff again, and ended up reading that other people had the same issues with pieces of tubes and extensions popping right off to the point they either chose to perminately melt the plastic together or threw it out.

I ended up later having two new mice I had to keep separate and they lived in these cages:

They're pretty much the same as the one I have for Fievel only much shorter but longer. The wire just comes as one big sheet you fold and hook together and it pops on and off of the base with clasps so it's really difficult for anything to become dislodged.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 11-19-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #58995
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Guys, guys, I found the best shoe on the internets ever!

Quote:
Price: $895.00
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote