Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3181 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #58996
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Driving into Brooklyn later today to pick up some venison. Ugh.
LOL NO YOU'RE NOT. Also, I thought it was LIC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Apparently my mothers first husband, my sister and brothers father, was quite a hunter and make deer jerky that they all said was pretty good.

I've never had anything considered 'exotic'.
Kinda funny that a domestic animal would be considered "exotic", but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
People drive in New York?
Mostly we just sit there, honking and making rude gestures and occasionally running over pedestrians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Guys, guys, I found the best shoe on the internets ever!
Awfully expensive for a shoe that doesn't even come with a heel.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #58997
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Peanut doesn't have the wheel that came attached to the cage anymore- it was too hard to clean and he likes to pee on his wheels. So he has a free standing wheel. It's kind of awkward given the set up but it's a lot easier to wash, which we have to do almost daily.

I'm going to apply for the hedgehog later today. I'm very excited! (We won't be buying one for a few months, we need to save up for the the start up stuff, and it might just be easier to wait until I move in in march.)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #58998
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Awfully expensive for a shoe that doesn't even come with a heel.
Heels cost extra, or something. These shoes are so absurd it's amazing.

Before this, I wasn't aware that heel-less shoes were even A Thing. According to Google Images, they are apparently A Thing. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #58999
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Before this, I wasn't aware that heel-less shoes were even A Thing. According to Google Images, they are apparently A Thing. o:
My favorites are probably still the Alexander McQueen "armadillo" shoes.

One of my friends has a theory that haute couture is an elaborate practical joke, and I'm inclined to agree with him.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #59000
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:

Kinda funny that a domestic animal would be considered "exotic", but...
Perhaps 'exotic' wasn't appropriate, I was more referring to 'exotic' in the sense of something rarely consumed in the country.

People have always reacted that way to mention of them consuming deer meat but not that you mention it 'exotic' isn't really an appropriate word.

Quote:
Mostly we just sit there, honking and making rude gestures and occasionally running over pedestrians.
And your subway's are insanely hot.
Stop that.

-fist shake-

I am just jealous because Michigan doesn't have public transportation worth pooter.

Quote:
Awfully expensive for a shoe.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Peanut doesn't have the wheel that came attached to the cage anymore- it was too hard to clean and he likes to pee on his wheels. So he has a free standing wheel. It's kind of awkward given the set up but it's a lot easier to wash, which we have to do almost daily.

I'm going to apply for the hedgehog later today. I'm very excited! (We won't be buying one for a few months, we need to save up for the the start up stuff, and it might just be easier to wait until I move in in march.)
I have a free-standing one from when Fievel was in the aquarium tank and it's made of metal wire so it squeaks like a mofo. I am very glad to have this one the cage came with!

Hedgies are so cute.
They call me Sonic...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #59001
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm thinking I'm going to make his cage out of wire storage bins and plastic sheeting. That way we can customize it better. I don't plan to put it on the floor if I can avoid it - I'd rather just buy a cheap card table.

I'm going to be dyeing my hair tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what color I want to use though. I like the idea of multicolor hair. Maybe blue and purple...
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #59002
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I'm thinking I'm going to make his cage out of wire storage bins and plastic sheeting. That way we can customize it better. I don't plan to put it on the floor if I can avoid it - I'd rather just buy a cheap card table.

I'm going to be dyeing my hair tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what color I want to use though. I like the idea of multicolor hair. Maybe blue and purple...
What I'd really have liked to do was put together an aquarium tank set up that has a latching wire lid that gives Fievel several levels to move around on. But they're hard to find and costly.

I like blue, and purple. So my biased is to totally do it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #59003
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
One of my friends has a theory that haute couture is an elaborate practical joke, and I'm inclined to agree with him.
With a 850$+ price tag, I think the joke's on the customer at this point :/
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #59004
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

So there is a chance that Sega might shut down my channel, as they have been doing it to youtubers with Shining Force videos, and I have Shining Force 2 on mine.

Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #59005
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
So there is a chance that Sega might shut down my channel, as they have been doing it to youtubers with Shining Force videos, and I have Shining Force 2 on mine.

Time to remove tags and change titles? Hopefully it won't be a problem to begin with. It's ridiculous to shut down whole channels over copyright issues like that though - the most they should be able to do is remove or block the problem videos.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #59006
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Rename your videos "Some game that's nothing like Shinning Force".
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #59007
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
My favorites are probably still the Alexander McQueen "armadillo" shoes.

These kind of creep me out because they look like lobster pincers on your feet. D:

It probably is a really elaborate practical joke. I can't see any other logical reason for it, really.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #59008
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

So far Sega has banned like 5 people and made a few remove all Shining Force videos, one guy had to delete over 200 videos.

I should also point out that most people that have been hit are members of another Shining Force fan forum I also go to. We made a little campaign a while back basically being like "We love Shining Force and we would like to see a new game", I guess this is Sega's response.

With copyright, if you have audio commentary or something else that you did yourself, they have a hard time getting you. I think that's why I've been safe so far.
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #59009
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
With copyright, if you have audio commentary or something else that you did yourself, they have a hard time getting you. I think that's why I've been safe so far.
It always baffles me when companies crack down on fan video play-through's because there is very little they could do to generate a worse public image.

If a video is done as a parody or otherwise has something like a 'face cam' included on the video or as you mentioned, voice overs, I believe the video is protected as original content.

However, youtube has never been one to follow copyright rules as anyone who's ever done a parody can tell you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #59010
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

The problem is, the way Youtube works, someone from Sega just has to flag as many videos as they can youtube will be like "OOPS STRIKE THREE YOU'RE OUT"

The one guy who got hit DID have audio commentary in his videos, Sega just spammed the fuck out of him and youtube just assumed Sega was right because they are richer than him.