Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 716 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #60121
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Boo. It's FREEZING in the guest room at Mom's bf's. We had a cold snap that brought things down to -10.... and guess what room was closed off for two days with no heat? (Yeah, Moms bf basically doesn't use the furnace. A pellet stove heats the lower floor and upstairs is either cold or with a couple space heaters) ARGH. I'm holed up in the much-warmer office where there's also internet. Since my laptop won't pick up the new wireless signal I have to plug right into it. And the downstairs is TRASHED from Mom painting. There's literally not one free surface. I don't even know how dinner will be possible if we don't go out, because she has paint cans on the countertops, all the china and crystal on the table, and the bar covered in too many things to name.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #60122
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

People are (no one is surprised) weird about food. There was a meeting in the office this week and we got lunch from the campus catering service-- cold cut wraps, macaroni salad, nothing fancy. There was some stuff left over when everyone departed. Since people in my office are kind of compulsive, no one was willing to throw out the leftovers, so we've had this big plate of brownies sitting in the kitchen all week. Guess who has been mostly eating them? Hint: it's me.

In any case, I go in to grab something to eat and I see there are a couple of brownies on the plate that have been broken in half. And I think: why? Why bother eating half the brownie? They're like an inch and a half square each. Either eat the brownie, or don't eat the brownie, or okay, tear it in half and eat half if you can honestly only stand one bite but then DON'T GO BACK FOR MORE HALVES.

Jeez.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #60123
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
People are (no one is surprised) weird about food. There was a meeting in the office this week and we got lunch from the campus catering service-- cold cut wraps, macaroni salad, nothing fancy. There was some stuff left over when everyone departed. Since people in my office are kind of compulsive, no one was willing to throw out the leftovers, so we've had this big plate of brownies sitting in the kitchen all week. Guess who has been mostly eating them? Hint: it's me.

In any case, I go in to grab something to eat and I see there are a couple of brownies on the plate that have been broken in half. And I think: why? Why bother eating half the brownie? They're like an inch and a half square each. Either eat the brownie, or don't eat the brownie, or okay, tear it in half and eat half if you can honestly only stand one bite but then DON'T GO BACK FOR MORE HALVES.

Jeez.
It's one thing to take half of the brownie if it's all you want and then come back for the other half later. But it's not so okay to leave half brownies littered all over the table like chocolate roadkill.

I have an aversion to people taking 'half' of something and leaving it behind anyway. In the kind of scenario you described I find it really rude to take half of something (brownie, cookie, sandwich, etc) and leave the other half to birds. Most people are not going to take the half left over for fear of germs since they don't know how much you've touched or possibly taken a bite off of. If you only want half of something it would be polite to wrap the second half up and write your name on it so people know you where eating it, from that point it's your responsibility to either finish what you took (and by taking half of it you are taking ALL of it) or to discard it.

Also, bitches half a brownie is not more 'healthy' then the whole goddamn brownie. Open those mouth flaps and stuff it down.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #60124
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I have an aversion to people taking 'half' of something and leaving it behind anyway. In the kind of scenario you described I find it really rude to take half of something (brownie, cookie, sandwich, etc) and leave the other half to birds.
It's just nasty. Excuse me, I know I'm fat, but I am really not interested in eating your leavings. There are a few people in the office who are repeat offenders-- half a slice of pizza, half a donut, half a cookie... if someone doesn't want to share it with you, eat however much you're gonna eat and throw the rest out. And it's the worst with cake. "Ooh, I'll just have a sliver. No, smaller than that. Smaller." Until you're just basically trying to shave a piece off without it crumbling everywhere and they're like "okay, that's good" BITCH JUST TAKE YOUR FORK, EAT A BITE, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE.

I'm also having a serious problem with the kids who wait until after 4:30 on a Friday to come into the office. There's one guy who's showed up the last four Fridays at 10 minutes, 5 minutes to closing because he wants cough drops. One week he showed up after 5 and it was only because we were dealing with an emergency that the nurse and I were still here. She's told him every time to come see the doctor for this chronic sore throat or whatever but he just stays coming in the door when we're trying to close up. And now we're here late AGAIN when we should be starting the weekend.

I swear to God one week I'm going to have my mom pick Little Dude up on a Friday so I can go out drinking with Nurse A. WE BOTH DESERVE IT.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #60125
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Also, bitches half a brownie is not more 'healthy' then the whole goddamn brownie. Open those mouth flaps and stuff it down.
Agreed. I hate the "well, just ONE bite" people. either eat it or don't. Worried about your weight from an insignificant fifty calories extra? Go take a quick walk, problem solved. Reminds me of one girl I got stuck in the line behind at subway once. She was already rail thin, and getting her sub it's a veggie thing on the non-cheesy bread, then of course "no cheese, no meat, no fatty dressing, hollow the bread out inside so there's not too much bread, not too much of this, this or this topping... I just wanted to go "Skinny-bitch, just get a damn SALAD if all you want to eat is lettuce and tomatoes."
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #60126
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
It's just nasty. Excuse me, I know I'm fat, but I am really not interested in eating your leavings. There are a few people in the office who are repeat offenders-- half a slice of pizza, half a donut, half a cookie... if someone doesn't want to share it with you, eat however much you're gonna eat and throw the rest out. And it's the worst with cake. "Ooh, I'll just have a sliver. No, smaller than that. Smaller." Until you're just basically trying to shave a piece off without it crumbling everywhere and they're like "okay, that's good" BITCH JUST TAKE YOUR FORK, EAT A BITE, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE.
I am so glad it's not just me being a snobby bitch face or something. It's just so NASTY. I understand if you're going to like..wrap the other half up or something. Like sometimes I am super full but a few nibbles from a doughnut would be nice, but to just leave your communal food laying around collecting sadness and doldrums? NO. You either eat it, throw the rest away, or wrap that shit up for later.

No one at the office wants your brownie half. That's like going to a restaurant and asking for half of a half of a sandwich.

Do people really leave that laying around because they assume you'll eat? Like you're a vacuum cleaner or something?

Didn't they once get you chocolate cake after you repeatedly said you don't like chocolate because they assume that anyone who's fat must love chocolate?

Quote:
I swear to God one week I'm going to have my mom pick Little Dude up on a Friday so I can go out drinking with Nurse A. WE BOTH DESERVE IT.
I am going to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Agreed. I hate the "well, just ONE bite" people. either eat it or don't. Worried about your weight from an insignificant fifty calories extra? Go take a quick walk, problem solved. Reminds me of one girl I got stuck in the line behind at subway once. She was already rail thin, and getting her sub it's a veggie thing on the non-cheesy bread, then of course "no cheese, no meat, no fatty dressing, hollow the bread out inside so there's not too much bread, not too much of this, this or this topping... I just wanted to go "Skinny-bitch, just get a damn SALAD if all you want to eat is lettuce and tomatoes."
That actually sounds an awful lot like anorexic behavior.

Like sometimes they'll load up on splenda packets from coffee houses because they get to taste something but don't get any calories from it. I've heard of anorexic women who will ask for a cup of water and then load up their pockets with splenda packets so they have something to 'eat'.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #60127
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
That actually sounds an awful lot like anorexic behavior.

Like sometimes they'll load up on splenda packets from coffee houses because they get to taste something but don't get any calories from it. I've heard of anorexic women who will ask for a cup of water and then load up their pockets with splenda packets so they have something to 'eat'.
She could have been, or just ridiculously obsessed with keeping st the weight she was at... she had to be a size four at the biggest. I didn't see protruding bones, though. Still, if she wasn't anorexic, or hell, even if she was, I don't get why she'd get a sandwich only to basically take out everything that makes it a sandwich (and that's the sole way you'll eat a sandwich, seriously, just make your own and bring it with you. Or better yet, start learning to like normally-made ones because BREAD IS NOT BAD FOR YOU). And Subway DOES have salads....
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #60128
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Subway salads taste like butt.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #60129
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

All salads taste like butt. The only kind I can stand is caesar. And they're almost always nasty when not home-made because restaurants go the cheapskate route and use iceberg instead of romaine lettuce.
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #60130
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I hate almost all my home-made salads. But love restaurant made ones. It's weirdddd.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #60131
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

yeah, that is. And where restaurant/takeout is concerned, I rarely eat out, so screw healthy eating for that meal. I'm gonna ENJOY my food. And I'm certainly not in some sort of race to lose weight. I started a general diet back in July, and after about six weeks, turned it more from diet to "try not to eat more calories than I burn in a day". Started at 155, and as of last week, I'm down to about 140. Feels good, I look better, and I THINK I'm down a pant size- I need to finally take a damn day where I can try several brands on to find out if I actually have or it was a lucky fluke because of how much sizing differs- and I'm also in no way racing to get skinnier. Would be a bonus if I can get down to and stay at my jiujitsu weight, which was 130-135, but I sure don't insist on being there within two months or whatever, and I sure don't have the delusion that I could possibly squeeze into something smaller than a size eight (the smallest I've ever fit into comfortably was a ten, I could POSSIBLY manage an eight if I REALLY, REALLY tried) just because models never wear anything bigger than a six. HIPS ARE MADE OF BONE, NOT JUST FAT. AND MINE AREN'T TINY.

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 11-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #60132
Mr Zero

Tried a Taco Bell churro today, and think I'm now addicted to them XD Guess I found my new random snack when I'm out!
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #60133
Lithium Flower
Handphones

By the way, you are welcome for the churro knowledge. I expect compensation.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #60134
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Omg this chick is screaming her head off over a scorpion and just... giving me a headache. If your prank makes your girlfriend scream and scream and scream... it's a bad prank.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #60135
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

On a nostalgia steak, and watching Toy Story as a result. This movie is so much better now that I'm grown, for every reason. And man, I had like half the toys in Andy's room.