Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3959 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #60256
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Just got records for two students named Deovani and Jeovani. They are not related. Huh.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #60257
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Just got records for two students named Deovani and Jeovani. They are not related. Huh.
Maybe one's an evil duplicate of the other.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #60258
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Maybe one's an evil duplicate of the other.
That's too interesting to expect from a Monday.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #60259
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Switched at birth? Alternate universe? Italian mob connections?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #60260
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:
That's too interesting to expect from a Monday.
What about a neutral-ish duplicate with unknown motives?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #60261
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Teeheehee! My manager noticed the MLP buttons on my bag.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #60262
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

You can always tell the end of the semester when the lecture dissovles into talking about movies and the teacher's irrational hatred of T.S. Elliot's "The Wasteland"
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #60263
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I just tried proofing some brioche dough
What? Do you check it for typos and grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Not join it because of money troubles? That's the only reason I can think of.
My guess is that it is more to do with sending your home address to a stranger from the internet. As something of a paranoiac, I get it. Though I'm pretty sure everyone here is sweet and harmless. Well, everyone doing the Secret Santa anyway. I'm not doing it because Secret Santa brings back bad memories for me. I was always the best Secret Santa - homemade cookies, thoughtful notes and little handmade gifts. My Secret Santas never did anything for me. :/ After a couple of years, I got tired of the one-sidedness and stopped participating.

Last edited by The Hag : 12-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #60264
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
My guess is that it is more to do with sending your home address to a stranger from the internet. As something if a paranoiac, I get it. Though I'm pretty sure everyone here is sweet and harmless. Well, everyone doing the Secret Santa anyway. I'm not doing it because Secret Santa brings back bad memories for me. I was always the best Secret Santa - homemade cookies, thoughtful notes and little handmade gifts. My Secret Santas never did anything for me. :/ After a couple of years, I got tired of the one-sidedness and stopped participating.
I still feel bad that I was always that one kid in middle school who forgot Secret Santa stuff. It was also due in part to everyone treating me like shit year 'round so I guess I didn't feel particularly inclined to give the kids who made me feel like dying anything 'special'.

I do agree that those who are participating are regulars whom I would feel comfortable knowing my address. Considering I've already sent out some packages to folks 'round here in the past and I've yet to get flaming bags of poop sent to the front door all has gone well so far. Also having Luna as the organizer puts a lot of my worries to rest, I trust Luna a great deal to handle things well.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #60265
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I do agree that those who are participating are regulars whom I would feel comfortable knowing my address. Considering I've already sent out some packages to folks 'round here in the past and I've yet to get flaming bags of poop sent to the front door all has gone well so far. Also having Luna as the organizer puts a lot of my worries to rest, I trust Luna a great deal to handle things well.
I agree with all this. I think it's great you guys are doing it! In general, I think it's a really cool and fun thing. I enjoyed the stuff I did for other people. I just always had duds draw my name.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #60266
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Quote:
Reasons why I'm going to be plagiarizing the name Rape Cop
It's been a long time since I watched the first season, but on my recollection yeah, Shane totally took advantage of what was clearly and understandably a grief-stricken, shell-shocked woman bereft over the loss of her husband (and probably most if not all of her family and friends). I mean, even if she didn't qualify to be an example of an outstanding human being, or really even a human being at all, bitch thought she had lost everything that was dear to her when Rapey McUlteriorMotiveson started hovering over her like she was a gazelle carcass.

That doesn't excuse the fact that she was awful and failed at everything she did because she was awful, though, let me be clear. God I hated that woman.

Her not alerting the rest of the group about what had happened between her and Rape Cop bothered me, too. Seriously, you're just going to let that one pass? When you have a caravan full of troubled, vulnerable youth and a woman

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
recovering from the recent loss of her daughter, both of whom were victims of domestic violence,
suggestive to the allure of authority and security being peddled to them by this guy? You're not going to stake any kind of warning along the lines of 'Yeeeaah, this, uh... This happened, and well, you guys might want to, y'know, tread carefully if you're going to tread at all. Y'know what I'm saying? Just a heads up because I actually give a shit about you're wellbeing, aha. You know me.", really? You couldn't be making it any more blatant how much you don't care about anyone but yourself. Die in a pit. Please.

Quote:
I haven't seen anything with that chick in it, but I heard she quite a bitching character.
I like Michone for the most part. Fullbleed is right in that she can really be a horse's ass, but she and Andrea are pretty much the only females actively kicking ass in the show right now. And Andrea's mostly just pointing guns at people who love her because she constantly chooses the side that's more liberally slathered in crazysauce. She is resilient, practical and competent, but a terrible, terrible judge of character. Like piss-poor bankrupt of people evaluation skills. She never learned how to make enriching friendships in school. Didn't even show up to class on that day.

Last edited by Drysi : 12-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #60267
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I agree with all this. I think it's great you guys are doing it! In general, I think it's a really cool and fun thing. I enjoyed the stuff I did for other people. I just always had duds draw my name.
I am Secret-Santa-ing you right now.

Soon.

Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
It's been a long time since I watched the first season, but on my recollection yeah, Shane totally took advantage of what was clearly and understandably a grief-stricken, shell-shocked woman bereft over the loss of her husband (and probably most if not all of her family and friends). I mean, even if she didn't qualify to be an example of an outstanding human being, or really even a human being at all, bitch thought she had lost everything that was dear to her when Rapey McUlteriorMotiveson started hovering over her like she was a gazelle carcass.

That doesn't excuse the fact that she was awful and failed at everything she did because she was awful, though, let me be clear. God I hated that woman.
Particularly that highlighted bit.

Sure she isn't mother of the year (HAS ANYONE SEEN MY KID? I LEFT HIM ALONE IN AN ALLEY WITH A BROKEN ANKLE TIED TO A ZOMBIE PEDOPHILE. I AM SURE HE'S FINE. NEVERMIND.) but I'd say that Rape Cop definitely was using some grief and emotional fragility to get his way into her pants.

The entire time Brando and I where watching some episodes last night, the ones where Good Cop comes to the camp where StupidfaceWife and DopeyStupidKid where living with Rape Cop, we couldn't stop pointing out "Wow Rape Cop don't look so excited your friend and partners alive." Like he couldn't even set aside the shit he had going on with StupidfaceWife and be excited that his best friend and partner was alive and surviving under impossible circumstances. Even if he was jealous that StupidfaceWife left him to be with her husband he could at least be excited that DopeyStupidKid has his father back. But nope. As soon as Good Cop isn't around he goes acting like DopeyStupidKid's 'new Daddy' or something.

Quote:
Her not alerting the rest of the group about what had happened between her and Rape Cop bothered me, too. Seriously, you're just going to let that one pass? When you have a caravan full of troubled, vulnerable youth and a woman

recovering from the recent loss of her daughter, both of whom were victims of domestic violence,
suggestive to the allure of authority and security being peddled to them by this guy? You're not going to stake any kind of warning along the lines of 'Yeeeaah, this, uh... This happened, and well, you guys might want to, y'know, tread carefully if you're going to tread at all. Y'know what I'm saying? Just a heads up because I actually give a shit about you're wellbeing, aha. You know me.", really? You couldn't be making it any more blatant how much you don't care about anyone but yourself. Die in a pit. Please.
Re: Rape Cop's name origin

That bothered me, a lot. It really did. She was almost sexually assaulted and just walked off to bed like it 'ain't no thing'. From what I recall some lady that shows up later in the series goes off with Rape Cop to not have to listen to authoritah' or something. So now StupidfaceWife is endangering the safety of another emotionally vulnerable unstable woman.

Seriously, that was handled piss-poorly by the writers and pisses me off to this day.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 12-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #60268
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

When people try to touch me without me knowing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q_1KW0Q-10
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #60269
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

Oh shut up.

Gurd.

I meant that I speak with people who have seen the show up to each current episode and I am not really bothered by spoilers on who dies and who lives in the show.
CLARIFICATION HELPS ON THE INTERBUTTS Y'ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Oh hey guys. Long time no see.
Oh hai!

Quote:
I have a theory, and it's not unlike Evee and the effects of exposures to various stones.

Quote:

I like Michone for the most part. Fullbleed is right in that she can really be a horse's ass, but she and Andrea are pretty much the only females actively kicking ass in the show right now. And Andrea's mostly just pointing guns at people who love her because she constantly chooses the side that's more liberally slathered in crazysauce. She is resilient, practical and competent, but a terrible, terrible judge of character. Like piss-poor bankrupt of people evaluation skills. She never learned how to make enriching friendships in school. Didn't even show up to class on that day.
I'm not saying Shane's NOT a D-dag, but SPOILERS, in the comics ((everyone groans)), it's pretty much confirmed that Shane and Lori is a mutually agreed on thing, and was supposed to be a one night stand that may have left Lori pregnant with a 2nd child. The TV show left it vague as far as I can remember, hinting at their while-Rick-wasinacoma relationship with "He said, she said bullshit" if you will. Also Shane did kind of help Lori and Carl survive, so there's that. But it doesn't matter ultimately, all things considering.

TLDR: Stuff is probably vague on purpose, douchebags gonna douche.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 12-03-2012 at 04:20 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #60270
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
When people try to touch me without me knowing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q_1KW0Q-10
Why is someone trying to touch you...

ALSO.
HEARD YOU GUYS LIKE APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○