Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3859 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #60931
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My girlfriend has a bizarre hatred of people wearing yoga pants unless they are actually doing yoga or are not leaving the house. I have a pair and am currently wearing them while doing final essays.
I texted her that I was wearing yoga pants and planned to wear them and an oversized hoodie to my final tonight.

She threatened to take me shopping and buy me more jeans...
I think that "finals" is an iron-clad excuse to wear the comfiest clothes you own.

Unread 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #60932
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I don't go out in anything less than jeans, I'm not that lazy.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #60933
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Time with my mother has been surprisingly...pleasant.

She's been nothing but extremely nice and generous to me and Brandon. The night we came in she took us out for BBQ dinner and didn't say a WORD about how much I ate or what I ate. She only commented on herself being full and had me load up a to-go box with left overs and never said anything about the amount of food I had or what I looked like. Afterwords we stopped at Meijers to get groceries and she ended up paying for a majority of it because she wanted some of it herself but never ended up eating it. She refused to take any money for it and today bought a few more little things for Brando and I to have that she's not taking payment for. Brando and I haven't been grocery shopping in about two weeks because money was tight so the little odds and ends she got us is really going to help us until Friday when we can go get some big things.

Today at lunch I mentioned that I haven't had a cheeseburger in a long time and she told me I should order some, didn't comment on how 'bad' it was for me or how much of it I ate. Not a single peep. At the stores we where pretty much shopping for other people but last night she bought me a new Hello Kitty PJ set and when discussing with me what size to get she did not say anything negative about me getting and XL. She didn't make any comments on the size, on how much bigger I am then before (I would normally get a size Large but she'd normally say I was 'much bigger'), or anything like that..She just told me she wanted me to get new PJs.

The past two days she hasn't said a single unkind thing about me or Brando or anything like that. Not a word on what I eat, what I look like, or what I weight. The only thing that bothered me is she tried to say my occasional acid reflux was a sign of something horrible or something like that but I shot her down and told her to lay off. She didn't say it was related to my WEIGHT though, so at least she didn't try to take that route.

I actually had a good time out with her today at the mall where I bought Brando a big wall scroll of Twilight Princess that has Link and Wolf-Link on it, a Chopper figurine from One Piece, and a pair of work khakis because the pair he has are covered in ink stains and he only owns the single pair. I am hoping I can still get him the Marvel vs Capcom complete works art book, it's basically $40 on BN.com but I can order it for $29.99 on amazon.com and get free shipping. So I am planning on ordering that soon too.

Saturday around 4pm Brando and I are meeting my mom, sister and her husband, and my brother and his kids for dinner. She is spending the night again but she leaves for the airport at 2pm on Sunday so it's not so bad and if she's still as nice as she's been the past two days I don't feel bothered at all by her staying.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #60934
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
But... yoga pants are more comfortable than jeans, and less offensive than wearing pajama pants in public, and more socially acceptable than many other kinds of workout wear.

I think jeans are just slightly higher than yoga pants in terms of formality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
But they're SO comfortable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I think that "finals" is an iron-clad excuse to wear the comfiest clothes you own.
This is my point exactly! 99% of the time I wear jeans, a skirt or a dress when I leave the house. Let me wear my nice, properly fitting, comfy yoga pants that 1% of the time in peace. I've been typing all day - yoga pants so much more comfy than my jeans to sit on my bed in.

And honestly, no one cares what I wear to class.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #60935
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I don't go out in anything less than jeans, I'm not that lazy.
I think you could rock a pair of yoga pants.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #60936
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
This is my point exactly! 99% of the time I wear jeans, a skirt or a dress when I leave the house. Let me wear my nice, properly fitting, comfy yoga pants that 1% of the time in peace. I've been typing all day - yoga pants so much more comfy than my jeans to sit on my bed in.

And honestly, no one cares what I wear to class.
Yeah, I hardly ever wear my jeans indoors. Usually as soon as I step in I change into my pajama pants or yoga pants!
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #60937
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I am excited about Fundip hallcinations. Not so much about wearing a beard - I don't have the facial structure for it. I'd rather just be Wendy :P
But, but, but the future is in the past!

And I'll be sure to bring my Dipper hap, because trucker hats are still cool? Right? Right? Ah who am I kidding, it's PAX East in Boston, all I need is a gaming hoodie or something related to one of their subpar sportsball teams and I'll meet the standard.

EDIT: I am bringing Smile/Fun/whatever-dip to this con now. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG RIGHT?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 12-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #60938
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Turns out that toe may not have an ingrown nail in it after all. But whatever the piece of skin is that's hanging off to the side of my toenail, damn it's sensitive. That's what the problem is.
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #60939
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

FABULOUSITY LIVES!!!!!! I can finally post on this account again!! I have no idea what the problem was, but I'm so thankful to Admin for fixing it!!
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #60940
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Hi!!!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #60941
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo! Finished my secret santa gift (still not perfect to my never-satisfied self, but now I can only pick out one thing I didn't like, instead of four). And I think I received mine already- I got a "pick your package up" card in the mail. I'll find out tomorrow!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #60942
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Woohoo! Finished my secret santa gift (still not perfect to my never-satisfied self, but now I can only pick out one thing I didn't like, instead of four). And I think I received mine already- I got a "pick your package up" card in the mail. I'll find out tomorrow!

I'm still working on mine Xd
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #60943
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mine didn't take long to make, I just kept redoing it because it didn't look right the first few times.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #60944
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

So I see my voodoo magic has worked for you emmers.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #60945
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I finished part of my secret Santa.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote