Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3820 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #61021
sam vimes
A real live wire

CONGRATULATIONS, STAR!

I never thought I'd see someone from here get into Harvard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #61022
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
*puts down bow* May your knee wound bleed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Too late, as I already shot him with MUH LAZUH.
NYAN CAT, AMIRITE GUYS?! ALSO BURY ME AT THE POOL, WHICH IS CLOSED, DUE TO MUDKIPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
RIP CHris.

I probably could find some art if I wasn't at work. Image searches are near impossible here with so much of the internet blocked

also re: Fluttershy cake... the exact same thing happened to me. Wish i could share a photo, but again, no access to it from work. It was home-made angelfood which was really delicious, but made my bunny uncomfortable
It's cool, I'll be back in 6-12 months.

Also HAHAHA YOU ARE REFERRING TO ANGEL, WHICH IS FLUTTERSHY'S BUNNY, BECAUSE YOU ARE FLUTTERMAI, THIS IS A GOOD JOKE I CLAP NOW, UN-IRONICALLY EVEN!

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS, STAR!

Missed that news. Congrads Star, that's mad impressive.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #61023
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS, STAR!

I am torn between being offended and quiet agreement.

Went out to the mall last night again where Brando and I picked up a Christmas gift for my mom before she leaves. Some of you goons might remember a long while back when my mom and I where living with my grandmother she was forced to sell off a 24k gold rope necklace chain. It was something my dad got for her very early in their marriage and while it was monetarily rather pricey she just really loved it and wore it constantly. So she was devastated when she had to sell it off at the mall for a fraction of what it's real worth is and knowing it would sell for easily $100+ more then she was given for it.

Brando and I had been talking about replacing the chain, to the best of our abilities on a budget, for a good year now. Ended up finding a decent replica of it marked down from $125 to $85 at JcPenney's. It's 14K gold over silver, not nearly the value of what the original necklace was, but I think she's going to really appreciate it and like it.

I also made out a Christmas card to my Grandmother. She's apparently gotten rather ill and has dropped an enormous amount of weight this year and now weighs around 115lbs. My mom firmly believes this may be her last Christmas, she's 85 years old. I am not quite sure how I feel about the whole thing and those of you who where around during the time I lived with her will understand why. Maybe the Holidays do weird things to people and I am bitten by the magic of Chrrissttmmassss.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #61024
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I went the neurologist this morning. Next week I have an EEG and sometime soon I'll have an MRI.

Now I want a nap.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #61025
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Still not sure how I feel about Pocahontas ending up with Jon Rolfe instead of John Smith...(historical accuracy aside because I spent my morning watching both Disney movies...)
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #61026
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I went the neurologist this morning. Next week I have an EEG and sometime soon I'll have an MRI.

Now I want a nap.
I hope it's nothing serious :\ doing alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Still not sure how I feel about Pocahontas ending up with Jon Rolfe instead of John Smith...(historical accuracy aside because I spent my morning watching both Disney movies...)
That was the bro from that second film correct? Where they dressed up Pocahontas in some ridiculous looking Englishwoman's outfit?

The art style really bothered me as a kid because they looked so different from the first film to the second. As a kid I just thought she barely looked like the original design and sort of 'streamlined' looking;

I am probably the only person who notices this and I am insane. But it really bugs me.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #61027
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Man, I can't believe I need to sew a tuck in the waistband of my SIZE NINE skinny jeans. I guess it's specific to the design of these, because my other two size 11 pairs fit comfortably and don't need to be tucked in at the waistband. But these ones just have this huge space in the back between my waist and butt (since I have a pelvic tilt there's always some space, but it's realllly big in these) and since they're low rise, a belt won't help. Still, wtf. These jeans are just plain weird. They're two sizes smaller and yet they fit looser, plus this back gap problem.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #61028
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I've been having tingling in my fingers and toes, and few other issues.
I had to wait a month for this appointment, but at least she's being thorough.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #61029
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I hope it's nothing serious :\ doing alright?

That was the bro from that second film correct? Where they dressed up Pocahontas in some ridiculous looking Englishwoman's outfit?

The art style really bothered me as a kid because they looked so different from the first film to the second. As a kid I just thought she barely looked like the original design and sort of 'streamlined' looking;

I am probably the only person who notices this and I am insane. But it really bugs me.

Yep, the second is where she goes to London and stuff. I don't think the dress was as ridiculous as her hair...

Different animators or evolved art styles I guess (she still has huge lips on dat face though). Not all of the voices are the same either.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #61030
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post

Now I want a nap.
I have to go see a neurologist next week. I am rather nervous since I have no idea what the visit will entail.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #61031
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Man, I can't believe I need to sew a tuck in the waistband of my SIZE NINE skinny jeans. I guess it's specific to the design of these, because my other two size 11 pairs fit comfortably and don't need to be tucked in at the waistband. But these ones just have this huge space in the back between my waist and butt (since I have a pelvic tilt there's always some space, but it's realllly big in these) and since they're low rise, a belt won't help. Still, wtf. These jeans are just plain weird. They're two sizes smaller and yet they fit looser, plus this back gap problem.
I get that all the time with pants. I've been ruining a belt because I was stalling on taking in my jeans at the back, knowing I'd lose weight after a medical procedure earlier this month. I have a pretty high hip-to-waist ratio and most weight gain goes to my lower half, so if I want pants fitting my hips and thighs, I usually have to take in that gap at the back.

@Star: congrats!! That's one hell of a school to have on your future resume
@Emmers: that gift for your mom is so thoughtful. ;_; I'm glad you two are getting along.
@fullbleed: didn't click but I'm assuming that's the "slut" video. I was really disappointed in her for that one, but I feel like she's been hinting at her opinions on this particular subject for a while. Making herself into parodies of vapid and/or promiscuous stereotypes of young women has been her shtick since her first popular video ("How to trick people into thinking you're good-looking"). I guess she's just never been as explicit about her views until now, so I usually forgave her in favour of her better material. :/
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #61032
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I have to go see a neurologist next week. I am rather nervous since I have no idea what the visit will entail.
My doctor checked my reflexes, poked me with a pointy stick, touched me with me cold metal things, shined a light in my eyes and ordered tests.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #61033
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Angathol, I thought you went off to fight in the great Cosplay War. You've been gone for so long that I was going to have a hero's burial for you.

Re:Pants
I own two pairs of skinny jeans. One is a size 18 and at any random point in my life they will either be enormous on me or fit alright. I have a size 14 and the waistband is always enormous but they fit everywhere else.

Whatever, pants. Whatever.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #61034
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

It is 11:15. Probably time for me to get out of bed. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #61035
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

ERMAHGERD NYAN CAT HOODIE. DO WANT. MUST GET!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f251/