Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3817 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #61786
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have been given the important job of sitting on the couch, drinking an iced coffee. I feel that is within my capabilities. I'm okay as long as I move slow. Yesterday I had to work for 8 hours. That was hard.

It's snowing here!

(The lovely view from my girlfriends front window.)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #61787
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Maybe running off from my family in to the snow storm a few days back didn't help this cold. I am ok with the pretty snow... I want enough to make a snow man >=I
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #61788
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
18 or so pounds of rings is a lot indeed. *falls over*

I was thinking about that, but it's so flimsy... almost makes me want to go for plexiglass or something, but that's A) hard to work with, B) kinda expensive comparatively, and C) heavy. Research time, hahaha?

Aww, any time. <3 And I'm safe, since it's a virtual hug!
O_O
Have fun wearing that............

Yeah, same! I actually did think of plexiglass once. Or like resin or something. But then we don't want it toooo hard.....I dunno, it's just weird because there are no veins or anything.
I'll keep thinking on it. But there's also the issue of a harness, since Asuna pretty much has a halter that only goes down to a few inches past her boobs. :|
Oh well. THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Thanks so much for the resource, and I hope you're feeling better soon!
You're welcome! And thank you.

Clearly we're all sick and/or hurting in some way. >.>
Feel better everybody!

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #61789
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I need souuuuup
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #61790
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I got Jiji a new collar, the one with the fish on it only it's mint colored, because the other day I heard him heaving like he was coughing up a hairball and found that somehow the hook of the bell on his old collar had caught on the pillowcase of a pillow on the floor and had tightened Jiji's collar so he was choking D: I rushed over and unhooked the collar and Brando took the bell charm off.

It's still been bothering me so I just got a whole new collar to put me at ease. I

also got him a new stick-toy because he DESTROYED the feather-duster one. This one has a stuffed mouse filled with catnip and a bell. I gave it to him and he grabbed it in his mouth, growled and hissed then laid down with it growling still. He isn't aggressive, just making weird sounds. I think the catnip is going to his head.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #61791
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I need souuuuup
My friend lives within walking distance of Soup Works. She never eats there because she's poor like the rest of us, but she could walk if she wanted to.

Emmers- I'm glad you got him a new collar. I'd be nervous with the other one too.

Gf's little sister just sent mushrooms flying all over the dinning room floor...
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #61792
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My friend lives within walking distance of Soup Works. She never eats there because she's poor like the rest of us, but she could walk if she wanted to.

Emmers- I'm glad you got him a new collar. I'd be nervous with the other one too.

Gf's little sister just sent mushrooms flying all over the dinning room floor...
Soup Works? Is it a local shop, presumably?

Me too :\ the part where you adjust the length and it's looped around the buckle kinda puffs out so I was afraid he'd catch that on something and we might not be home to help him again. This new one is super cute anyway. it's a light mint green with white fishies on it, it's also reflective just in case he does get out. I plan on using those tag makers at meijers that let you customize a cat/dog/horse/ferret collar design and engraves your information on it. In the future I'd like to get him microchipped as well.

Huh. I guess she doesn't like mushrooms..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #61793
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Ladies, ladies, this is just like when our perds are all synced up. Only with colds.

You're welcome.

But no really, everyone feel better. Now.
Ha-ha on everybody: I'm as healthy as a horse!

Little Dude had to get some blood work done this morning. For being such a good boy we took him to a local pancake house, where he continued to be a well-behaved little boy. He also happens to be turning into a little flirt; every time a young girl walked into our section he would give them a big smile and wave.

^A visual representation of LD's confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #61794
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It was accident...

Neither of my cats currently have collars, they hate them and are good at abusing the Saftey release feature.

And Soup Works is local. It's yummy, overpriced soup and such.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #61795
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I wish it was possible to have a conversation in the house without someone being sarcastic. Its ussually my Dad, but now my sister is gone so it's not quite as bad.

Also I never get ill, super duper immune system. My brother on the otherhand is unbelievably frail and is probably in the 1% of people to actually get chicken pox twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #61796
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
It was accident...

Neither of my cats currently have collars, they hate them and are good at abusing the Saftey release feature.

And Soup Works is local. It's yummy, overpriced soup and such.
SO SHE SAYS...

Luckily I haven't had a kitty who managed to get that done. The one Jiji has is just a pullaway collar but it's got a sturdy clasp.

Sounds like noodle.co, never been there either but they sell different regional noodle dishes like spaghetti, chicken noodle soup, and yakisoba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I wish it was possible to have a conversation in the house without someone being sarcastic. Its ussually my Dad, but now my sister is gone so it's not quite as bad.

Also I never get ill, super duper immune system. My brother on the otherhand is unbelievably frail and is probably in the 1% of people to actually get chicken pox twice.
I got the chicker pox twice.

Lucky Emmers..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #61797
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Ha-ha on everybody: I'm as healthy as a horse!
I will find you in New York and sneeze on you >=I
Unread 12-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #61798
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I know that Jiji was not treated super well at his first home so sometimes when I notice his different behaviors compared to the other kitties I've owned it makes me wonder what happened.

Like whenever we take out plastic bags the sound makes him so afraid he'll go flying out of the room and hide until he can't see the bag anymore.

More logical to understand is his obsession with getting our food. He cannot be pulled away from it. No amount of flicking with water, calling him, snapping your fingers near him to get his attention, nothing will distract him from finding your food. This is clearly from not being given food at his previous home and it's kind of sad sometimes. You cannot distract him in anyway if he's near food. It doesn't matter if it's kitty food or a container of BBQ sauce left sitting open while cooking. If it's food and he can get to it he'll find a way. You have to physically remove him from the area, just pushing him away won't do anything. Poor kitty.

At the shelter today I asked about his previous owners and one guy working said the previous owner was an apparently senile (or in some way 'not all there' elderly man) who found Jiji as a stray and had him tethered up to a dog run with one of those dog igloo's. From what it sounds like the man wasn't quite right in the head and didn't understand what he was doing, he thought Jiji would catch mice in his garden and live off that and that the plastic dog igloo was enough shelter.

Dog igloo's let in a lot of water when it rains and are open to the elements for just a tiny little kitten. They're big enough that larger animals, like raccoon's, could get in and fight Jiji for territory in the igloo.

From what it sounds like the old man probably will just be monitored and checked up on to make sure he doesn't come into possession of any animals since he isn't really mentally capable of understanding what they need to be cared for.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #61799
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Aww, poor Jiji
But I'm glad he has such a great home, and I'm sure that he is too!

Man am I glad I took a nap earlier. My head was pounding and I just kinda felt like crap. Now I can fully enjoy playing Skyward Sword again. XD

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #61800
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's colds. Hope y'all get better soon. I had a cold about 2 weeks ago so I'm just fine.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote