Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #61996
Headphone Actor
Local KagePro loser

Scared myself watching videos of abandoned amusement parks and roller coaster crashes... What makes it worse is I work at an amusement park... And I can't sleep. FML.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
Headphone Actor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #61997
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I hate it when I try to write fanfiction and then I remember I'm terrible at writing.
Though I posted it anyways.... what's wrong with me?

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #61998
SabreOnaCosplay
A cosplay Goddess~ jk

Had a wonderful New Years, Bowling with the family, I also Gangnam styled myself to pain in the legs XD. other than that, I have a convention rolling up on the fourth of January, and I work on the 2nd and 3rd bbut it is ok :3 I don't mind.

Been wanting to start a dance video for cosplayers and make it nationwide but it will take a while. Seeiing as most of the people who said they would dance on cam never got back to me. After the con this weekend I should have enough videos to start. :P

It is also taking too long for me to get to sleep ;<

Anime Los Angeles:
Wondercon:
Anime Expo:
Yaoi Con:
PMX:
SabreOnaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #61999
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I discovered that an operation that I really need has a 1/600 chance of leaving me paralysed. I'm kind of amused with the fact that my friend would then dress me up as Tavros and take me everywhere, and that when I gave her permission preemptively, she said, "So I don't need to ask then, good."

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #62000
TsukiKayla
Mayhem Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
Checked my bank account. I wanna cry... -$110.68.
My bank is nice enough to text me and tell me how broke I am everyday. $13.41
The broke life of cosplayers.
TsukiKayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #62001
TsukiKayla
Mayhem Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Naw naw don't be sorry guys. Just how it is. /shrugy face/ Maybe some day a group of us will be able to meet up sometime ^^
Oh oh! And we are lucky enough to have the internet. Group video chats can be the cheap alternative in the meantime!
TsukiKayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #62002
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

My computer's gone back to the repair shop. Luckily I have my new laptop as backup this time. =3

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #62003
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
I discovered that an operation that I really need has a 1/600 chance of leaving me paralysed. I'm kind of amused with the fact that my friend would then dress me up as Tavros and take me everywhere, and that when I gave her permission preemptively, she said, "So I don't need to ask then, good."

You could always dress up as Nunully from Code Geas sometimes, change things up a bit.

(Good luck with the operation, I hope it works for you)

I am awake. I don't want to be awake. I am still in bed at least.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #62004
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
You could always dress up as Nunully from Code Geas sometimes, change things up a bit.

(Good luck with the operation, I hope it works for you)

I am awake. I don't want to be awake. I am still in bed at least.
I should really look up all of these popular franchises and watch/play them...

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #62005
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I hate nutrition now. I chose to make a healthy meal, which has to add up to the RDA.
First try had way too much protein.
Second try had way too much fat.
Both had about half as much carbs as they should have had.

Maybe I'll just have a dessert that's about 150 calories of pure carbs........except WHAT could be "healthy" and not have too much fat or protein? I'm certainly not putting 3 cups of strawberries on there. Ugh. This is too much work. I GIVE UP
The RDA itself is widely disputed by nutritionists all over the place. There is unlikely ever going to be a set standard of nutrition that is appropriate for every individual on an obtainable level. Even the "definition of RDAs and their relevance to health"(Peter L. Pellett, "Commentary: The R.D.A. Controversy Revisited" Ecology of Food and Nutrition) is hugely disputed.

Here is one provided example of issues with the RDA:
Some nutrients, like sodium are higher in the U.S. than in other parts of the developed world, and are far above established safe minimums.[5][6] For instance, the National Research Council has found that 500 mg of sodium per day (approximately the amount in a quarter-teaspoon of table salt) is a safe minimum level.[7] In Great Britain, the daily allowance for salt is 6g (approximately 1 tablespoon, about the upper limit in the U.S.), but are still considered "too high"

You know that eating fruits, veggies, grains, and proteins are good for you. You know that kiwi's are good, that oatmeal is good, that salmon and chicken is good, you know that nuts and yogurt is good. You already know what is good for you, you don't need to calculate an arbitrary number manifested by a system of nutrition that's based in another system of nutrition that's been changing every 5-10 years as overseen by USDA nutritionists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
Scared myself watching videos of abandoned amusement parks and roller coaster crashes... What makes it worse is I work at an amusement park... And I can't sleep. FML.
Don't go on r/nosleep then. That place is a terror field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
I hate it when I try to write fanfiction and then I remember I'm terrible at writing.
Though I posted it anyways.... what's wrong with me?
Don't feel bad. About 5 years ago I once posted up a fanfic that used the phrase "buttery thighs" and it was no in reference to a roast chicken.

I still get baffled from the occasional Fanfic.net email alert that someone is watching or favorited a story I wrote in high school about X-Men characters doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
I sincerely hope this operation goes well for you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #62006
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Anddddddd I'm back! Feel free to groan collectively!

-The holidays were dope. Spent a lot of time w/ family around X-mas, which meant a lot of traveling occurred. It also meant I ate "poorly" (delicious food was delicious, I REGRET NOTHING), but it also means I put on like 5-6 pounds. Going to attempt to eat better/ work out more/drink less in 2013, but we shall see how long I stick to that.

-Ms. Pixel, the cat, is adorable at times, but also a derp. I have like a billion cat stories now, but will spare you. Also cat-bros, question. We need to trim the kitty's claws, so that when she decides to scratch up things, it isn't so bad. Any suggestions on how to restrain said cat so that she's not tearing us to ribbons while we file her nails down?

-Going down to MAGFest on Friday night, and then I'm back down there again in Febuary for Sat/Sunday of Katsucon because I am dumb. Anybody else going?

-Really want to see "Django", but most of my friends have already seen it, and don't want to sit through it again. I AM AN ANGRY BOY BECAUSE OF THIS.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #62007
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Anddddddd I'm back! Feel free to groan collectively!

-The holidays were dope. Spent a lot of time w/ family around X-mas, which meant a lot of traveling occurred. It also meant I ate "poorly" (delicious food was delicious, I REGRET NOTHING), but it also means I put on like 5-6 pounds. Going to attempt to eat better/ work out more/drink less in 2013, but we shall see how long I stick to that.

-Ms. Pixel, the cat, is adorable at times, but also a derp. I have like a billion cat stories now, but will spare you. Also cat-bros, question. We need to trim the kitty's claws, so that when she decides to scratch up things, it isn't so bad. Any suggestions on how to restrain said cat so that she's not tearing us to ribbons while we file her nails down?

-Going down to MAGFest on Friday night, and then I'm back down there again in Febuary for Sat/Sunday of Katsucon because I am dumb. Anybody else going?

-Really want to see "Django", but most of my friends have already seen it, and don't want to sit through it again. I AM AN ANGRY BOY BECAUSE OF THIS.
OH MAN THIS GUYS BACK. WAH WAH WAH.

As for kitty trimming, have you tried to hold her in the position you would be when trimming her nails to see if she's calm or aggressive? Might be surprised on how different cats react, like Jiji doesn't mind water much but certainly doesn't enjoy being in it, I can bathe him quickly without much of an issue and he doesn't try to claw at me to get out.

If you know that your kitty is not going to be sitting as still as you need her too, you could try to build up her tolerance level by practicing holding her in the right position and giving her treats. Then holding her paw and pushing so her nails are exposed, but not yet using the clipper on them. Just get her used to the way you're going to be holding her and having you pushing on her paw a little bit. After doing this a few times try taking out your kitty nail clippers and trimming one nail to see how she reacts.

Here's another idea from the ASPCA for getting kitties used to having the clippers around:
Quote:
Your cat should be at ease with the sound of the clippers before you attempt to trim her nails. Sit her on your lap, put a piece of uncooked spaghetti into the clippers and hold them near your cat. (If she sniffs the clippers, set a treat on top of them for her to eat.) Next, while massaging one of your cat’s toes, gently press her toe pad. When the nail extends, clip the spaghetti with the clippers while still holding your cat’s paw gently. Now release her toe and quickly give her a treat.
Here's a video where a veternarian is demonstrating on her own cat.

If your kitty just doesn't want you touching her and using the clippers on her you might have to just take her in to a vet who will have more experience cutting nails and know how to get it done quickly with a squirmy or aggressive cat.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #62008
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
OH MAN THIS GUYS BACK. WAH WAH WAH.

As for kitty trimming, have you tried to hold her in the position you would be when trimming her nails to see if she's calm or aggressive? Might be surprised on how different cats react, like Jiji doesn't mind water much but certainly doesn't enjoy being in it, I can bathe him quickly without much of an issue and he doesn't try to claw at me to get out.

If you know that your kitty is not going to be sitting as still as you need her too, you could try to build up her tolerance level by practicing holding her in the right position and giving her treats. Then holding her paw and pushing so her nails are exposed, but not yet using the clipper on them. Just get her used to the way you're going to be holding her and having you pushing on her paw a little bit. After doing this a few times try taking out your kitty nail clippers and trimming one nail to see how she reacts.

Here's another idea from the ASPCA for getting kitties used to having the clippers around:

Here's a video where a veternarian is demonstrating on her own cat.

If your kitty just doesn't want you touching her and using the clippers on her you might have to just take her in to a vet who will have more experience cutting nails and know how to get it done quickly with a squirmy or aggressive cat.
Sounds legit. The only problem is that Pixel will bug the hell out when she hear noises. Like the doorbell, an alarm, my keys jingling, or the toilet flushing and that cat will be peace out and hide under the bed.

Obviously this will take some time, and will suck. But I like not getting scratched, so I'll deal accordingly.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #62009
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
drink less in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #62010
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My male cat is a big orange marshmallow, so to clip his claws I just have someone scratch his chin while I clip quickly.

My female cat, I wrap tightly in a towel and do one foot at a time. Sometimes I do front paws one day and back the next, if she gets too wriggly.

Just make certain you gently squeeze her toes, to extend the nails and be very careful not get clip too short, you don't want to hit her quick. It'll bleed like crazy and it hurts. Most cats you can see the quick within the claw.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote