Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3185 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #62056
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Ikea is the best place on Earth.

I went once when I was 12 and hated it because I was you know, 12 and kinda feeling super ill. Then Brando and I went a couple months ago and I have never felt so at home.
I totally agree that Ikea is awesome, although I have only bought some detolf from them. The food is sooooo tasty there too XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #62057
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Their meatballs are amazzhurrrring. I love that weird berry soda/punch stuff.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #62058
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Re:Rent - Gf's rent is $930 dollars for a second floor, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment. Water is included and there is off street parking and a nice backyard. And she has a little deck that she wants me to cover in flowers.
It's not huge, but it's nice. There's no counter space but that's not surprising.

I love how much natural light it has - on a sunny day you don't have to turn on any lights in the living room/dinning room and kitchen.
We have a second floor one bed one bath. The apartments are sort of older style in that each building has just four apartments and the buildings are not connected so it's like everyone living in one big house where we share a hallway and laundry room but we're angsty teens who never come out of our bedrooms.

We have a big yard in the center of the apartments, it's kinda hard to explain but the way the complex is set up we have one big long road/driveway that wraps around the complex and the buildings are set up so at the center have a HUGE yard where the kids have jungle gyms and climbing equipment and walkways. Out our living room window is a big field that separates the property from a small church. It borders the parking lot/driveway on this side of the complex.

We get good lighting during the day but one thing I HATE is that the living room has no overhead lighting, only in the kitchen. The kitchen has FOUR light fixtures; a fan/light combo, and then three small round lights. One in the center of the kitchen on the left side, one over the sink and another in between the two. But NONE in the living room! We even have a small round fixture on the ceiling in the ONE SQUARE that is the 'hallway' between the bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom has a light fixture over the sink that's bright enough to light the whole room and the bedroom has an overhead light/fan too.

BUT NOTHING IN THE LIVINGROOM. So it's super dark at night and kinda annoying.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #62059
Clementine
I do as I please.

Currently just past 6 here in California-- leaving for Walmart with Mikayla at 7. TsukiKayla in this thread is Mikayla, if you were by any chance wondering. Das mah gurl.

Marceline wig and body paint still not here. Con in two days. Panic mode initiated.
Friday: Satsuki Kiryuin (transformed version) (Kill La Kill)
Saturday: Swan Lake variation of Kraehe(Princess Tutu)
Sunday: TBD

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (planning)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #62060
Lithium Flower
Handphones

When did you order the stuff for your cosplay?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #62061
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
When did you order the stuff for your cosplay?
Weeks ago. I ordered my Rarity and Marceline wigs at the same time, in the same order.
My Rarity wig came on Christmas Eve but Marceline isn't here yet. I'm beginning to worry. As for the body paint we just ordered it a few days ago and shipping is 3-5 days so it'll probably be here just in time for the con. God bless Amazon.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #62062
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I haven't been to Chinatown in almost 3 years even though it's only about 45 minutes away. All of a sudden I'm going tomorrow afternoon, and it'll be the first time I ever drive out there and I'll also be driving alone XD So excited to try out a hot pot for the first time with a friend ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #62063
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Are they Amaze-balls emmers?
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #62064
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Weeks ago. I ordered my Rarity and Marceline wigs at the same time, in the same order.
My Rarity wig came on Christmas Eve but Marceline isn't here yet. I'm beginning to worry. As for the body paint we just ordered it a few days ago and shipping is 3-5 days so it'll probably be here just in time for the con. God bless Amazon.
The Marceline wig might be back ordered from a warehouse where as the Rarity one may have been in stock at the location? Do you have a tracking number for the order you can check with?

I am not sure what makeup you ordered but if you have a Hot Topic around you could try looking there for a backup? They usually sell some kind of ghostly grey makeup. But it wouldn't be the same quality of what you may have ordered. If you're in a real tight spot try going to Sephora and grabbing the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, which is suppose to be extremely full coverage and comes in very light ash tones or maybe the Makeup Forever mat velvet which is suppose to be very similar in coverage. Both are VERY costly however so unless you plan on using these super light and maybe even ashy toned foundations for the future you might be better to just buy a decent liquid or cream foundation several tones lighter than your own and use a very light toned or translucent powder to set it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #62065
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
We have a second floor one bed one bath. The apartments are sort of older style in that each building has just four apartments and the buildings are not connected so it's like everyone living in one big house where we share a hallway and laundry room but we're angsty teens who never come out of our bedrooms.

We have a big yard in the center of the apartments, it's kinda hard to explain but the way the complex is set up we have one big long road/driveway that wraps around the complex and the buildings are set up so at the center have a HUGE yard where the kids have jungle gyms and climbing equipment and walkways. Out our living room window is a big field that separates the property from a small church. It borders the parking lot/driveway on this side of the complex.

We get good lighting during the day but one thing I HATE is that the living room has no overhead lighting, only in the kitchen. The kitchen has FOUR light fixtures; a fan/light combo, and then three small round lights. One in the center of the kitchen on the left side, one over the sink and another in between the two. But NONE in the living room! We even have a small round fixture on the ceiling in the ONE SQUARE that is the 'hallway' between the bedroom and the bathroom. The bathroom has a light fixture over the sink that's bright enough to light the whole room and the bedroom has an overhead light/fan too.

BUT NOTHING IN THE LIVINGROOM. So it's super dark at night and kinda annoying.
Ooh that sounds nice! Meg's apartment is in a triple decker, so she has neighbors down stairs and upstairs. Every room has a ceiling light. The living room has a fan, which is a pain in the butt to dust. The best part is the landlord just got the whole house resided and replaced all the windows last summer (2011). This summer she might finally fix the plaster in the entry stairwell. (It's structurally sound, but looks like poop.)

It's a pretty typical New England Apartment.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #62066
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Lol. Room and board for me next year is close to $13,000....

Weeeee, finished my homework before dance and have just finished my Pinkie Pie dress! That was easy. I'm not putting too much effort into this because I'm probably only going to wear it just this once...

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #62067
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Burnt my finger.. Sad day.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #62068
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
The Marceline wig might be back ordered from a warehouse where as the Rarity one may have been in stock at the location? Do you have a tracking number for the order you can check with?

I am not sure what makeup you ordered but if you have a Hot Topic around you could try looking there for a backup? They usually sell some kind of ghostly grey makeup. But it wouldn't be the same quality of what you may have ordered. If you're in a real tight spot try going to Sephora and grabbing the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, which is suppose to be extremely full coverage and comes in very light ash tones or maybe the Makeup Forever mat velvet which is suppose to be very similar in coverage. Both are VERY costly however so unless you plan on using these super light and maybe even ashy toned foundations for the future you might be better to just buy a decent liquid or cream foundation several tones lighter than your own and use a very light toned or translucent powder to set it.
Could be...

I actually read in another thread or maybe this one just today that tacky glue, water, and paint mixed together work just as well as PAX, so we picked up some grey paint on our walmart excursion and we have a big bottle of tacky glue and of course a virtually endless supply of water. We're doing a test run of it tonight in case the paint doesn't come in on time.

Also if Marceline isn't here by Friday night I'm dyeing my hair and my 18" extensions black. My hair's already medium brown so it won't be a huge change, plus I have a hair appointment in just a few weeks so I wouldn't have jet black hair for long.

Upcoming cosplays:

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #62069
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Could be...

I actually read in another thread or maybe this one just today that tacky glue, water, and paint mixed together work just as well as PAX, so we picked up some grey paint on our walmart excursion and we have a big bottle of tacky glue and of course a virtually endless supply of water. We're doing a test run of it tonight in case the paint doesn't come in on time.

Also if Marceline isn't here by Friday night I'm dyeing my hair and my 18" extensions black. My hair's already medium brown so it won't be a huge change, plus I have a hair appointment in just a few weeks so I wouldn't have jet black hair for long.
I would seriously rethink that.

You're putting two very toxic substances on the majority of your body and will be wearing this for several hours at a time. I really don't know who would suggest mixing toxic paint and toxic glue then putting that on your body. It doesn't take hardly any thought at all to realize how horrible that can end up. Even if something says it's 'non toxic' that's still a fuck load of chemicals that you're slathering on your skin like suntan lotion, and the 'non toxic' labels are generally used to mean that if your child accidentally swallows some of it they'll be okay; not that you should mix it up into a cocktail then wear it.

Even if it does create a similar substance..seriously think about this for a minute. You don't need to even think about it for a full minute to get the 'Oh hell no' vibes from doing something like that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #62070
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Could be...

You can't put tacky glue and paint on your skin!
Who told you that was safe?! Glue won't let your skin breathe, and they are both toxic! It can seep in thru your pores! You could get very sick, and at the very least overheat!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote