Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3825 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #62071
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Could be...

I actually read in another thread or maybe this one just today that tacky glue, water, and paint mixed together work just as well as PAX, so we picked up some grey paint on our walmart excursion and we have a big bottle of tacky glue and of course a virtually endless supply of water. We're doing a test run of it tonight in case the paint doesn't come in on time.

Also if Marceline isn't here by Friday night I'm dyeing my hair and my 18" extensions black. My hair's already medium brown so it won't be a huge change, plus I have a hair appointment in just a few weeks so I wouldn't have jet black hair for long.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #62072
Clementine
I do as I please.

Aw poop, someone in another thread was saying they tried it out for a few hours and it worked totally fine. ._.

I suppose I'm gonna have to hope and pray my body paint comes in on time... or seriously water that stuff down and put it on over my foundation. I've done worse things to my body.
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #62073
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I hate winter.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower

Last edited by UsakoLuna : 01-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #62074
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

The wind's coming from the south ATM, so it's pretty warm for winter today.

I still haven't heard anything about my desktop back from the repair shop though. I miss my computer.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #62075
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
Aw poop, someone in another thread was saying they tried it out for a few hours and it worked totally fine. ._.

I suppose I'm gonna have to hope and pray my body paint comes in on time... or seriously water that stuff down and put it on over my foundation. I've done worse things to my body.
We're not saying it wouldn't work, we're saying that's incredibly toxic and dangerous.

Who would ever tell you to put that on your skin? I understand that coming on a site like this you can have a feeling of trusting everyone around you because it seems like we're all one big family and all that, but you need to really use your head and think about if something sounds safe or not.

A lot of people participate in dangerous activities for the sake of cosplay, one of the most popularly shared methods of women binding their chest for male cosplays is to use ace bandages; this is also incredibly dangerous and can seriously hurt anyone who does this. That's compressing your chest and can prevent you from getting oxygen. But people still suggest this as being okay and it gets passed around all the time. You can find stories of women passing out from their bindings being so tight they cannot breathe properly but they just laugh it off and do it again anyway then go and share this dangerous technique with girls who never tried it before and may not understand why it can be a really bad idea.

Be careful who you listen to and follow your own instinct over what a stranger is telling you, because I know you're smart enough to think things out for yourself.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #62076
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

UNPOPULAR OPINION CHRIS SAYS:
Ikea- Not a fan, as the majority of the stuff I buy from them lasts like 2-3 years and then IMPLODES. And for once it's not me. The stuff we bought/built from Target? SUPRISINGLY WELL MADE, SEVERE LACK OF EXPLOSIONS. Staples desk? SOLID. Ikea? HAD TO REBUILD MY KITCHEN TABLE TWICE WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF PURCHASE. Not a fan. Also see their shipping policies, i.e. non-existent for 3/4th of their stock which makes zero sense.

Also those Meatballs, to me, are overrated, because my wife owns at cooking.

TLDR: Ikea triggers anger in Chris.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #62077
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

My only Ikea related memory; My mum giving my brother and I those chocolates they sell there (the ones which are sort of like rolos, but without the caramel). My brother realised this meant they must have been to Ikea recently (notable, because he wanted a new bed for his birthday).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #62078
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Target furniture is amazing. I have a cheap little TV stand that I've had for 8 years from target. Thing survived me falling on it.

I don't wanna clean my room.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #62079
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I love Target stuff. I want to buy my own dinnerware sets and stuff so I can start building my own stuff up and eventually phase out my mothers stuff back to the storage unit.

For one, she's not going to be in a pre-furnished condo forever.
Secondly, it's nice to be able to buy your own stuff.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #62080
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

We have neither Target (well, yet, the new stores are being built), nor Ikea in 99% of the country (there's one or two in Toronto. I've never been to nor seen one, myself). I feel left out now. All my furniture was from a really long time ago, scavenged, bought at Walmart and a few assemble-it-yourself pieces from Canadian Tire.

Also, I burned my bacon at breakfast. T_T
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #62081
Lithium Flower
Handphones

You and Boyfriend can be the bacon burners together.

Because OMG HOW DO YOU BURN SOMETHING THATS 90% FAT.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #62082
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Was reheating it in a pan, and I left it on too high/long. So one side was mostly charred.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #62083
Lithium Flower
Handphones

You lost your bacon privileges. Missy.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #62084
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I love IKEA... a large portion of my apartment furnishings have come from there over the years. And nothing's exploded or even just fallen apart, so I suppose either I have really good luck or CHris, you have really bad luck with that stuff. I've had my IKEA bedframe since 2008 and it's still in prefect condition despite 4 years of use. My bookcase, which is technically supposed to have been bathroom storage, has gone through 6 moves with no more damage than the few scuffs you'd expect white shelving to acumulate after that many moves in 9 years.

There was also a few years while I was in uni that my roommates and I lived a reasonable walking distance from a location, so on the weekends if we got up early enough, we would go there just for their $1 breakfast
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #62085
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Target furniture is amazing. I have a cheap little TV stand that I've had for 8 years from target. Thing survived me falling on it.

I don't wanna clean my room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I love Target stuff. I want to buy my own dinnerware sets and stuff so I can start building my own stuff up and eventually phase out my mothers stuff back to the storage unit.

For one, she's not going to be in a pre-furnished condo forever.
Secondly, it's nice to be able to buy your own stuff.
All my book shelves/entertainment cabinets are from Target. And a ton of smaller houseware stuff. It's a shame in one near me in Brooklyn is generally butt, I've been at some AMAZING Targets outside of the city. I'm a fan of said big-box store, oppose to say, Wal-Mart which mannnnnnn....I've encountered some weirdness there.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote