Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2940 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #62086
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
UNPOPULAR OPINION CHRIS SAYS:
Ikea- Not a fan, as the majority of the stuff I buy from them lasts like 2-3 years and then IMPLODES. And for once it's not me. The stuff we bought/built from Target? SUPRISINGLY WELL MADE, SEVERE LACK OF EXPLOSIONS. Staples desk? SOLID. Ikea? HAD TO REBUILD MY KITCHEN TABLE TWICE WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF PURCHASE. Not a fan. Also see their shipping policies, i.e. non-existent for 3/4th of their stock which makes zero sense.

Also those Meatballs, to me, are overrated, because my wife owns at cooking.

TLDR: Ikea triggers anger in Chris.
Target stuff has been a crapshoot with me; some items are great, some have one side that gets all wonky or won't fit properly, etc. My IKEA furniture has been fairly sturdy, all things considered. I'm pretty sure all the other furniture we own has come secondhand from family members, except our couch, which we got at Ashley and it's pretty crap.

Something keeps drawing me back to IKEA inexorably. Maybe it's the smell. Maybe it's the labyrinthine layout that forces you to walk through the entire store even if all you want is a potholder. Maybe it's the impossible dream of a clean, simple, affordable Nordic minimalist lifestyle. Probably it's the meatballs.

My mother got us tickets to their Easter celebration. Don't ask me why. I do know that I am going to drink hella lingonberry soda, though.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #62087
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I just love the home-goods stuff at Target. I never thought I'd get so excited about toasters and dinner plates before but now I am obsessed with kitchen gadgets and I really want a tea infuser pot and oh my god they sell these strainers that have rubber on the sides so they collapse in to be flat for easy storage.

Dat lingonberry soda.

I will make the 45 minute drive to Ikea just for that.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 01-03-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #62088
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Sitting here in a bathrobe, nice and toasty in my house aw yiss
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #62089
Yavarice
Skymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Probably it's the meatballs.
Definitely this. XD
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #62090
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I just love the home-goods stuff at Target. I never thought I'd get so excited about toasters and dinner plates before but now I am obsessed with kitchen gadgets and I really want a tea infuser pot and oh my god they sell these strainers that have rubber on the sides so they collapse in to be flat for easy storage.
That's the wife's department. She's super into the Teas and has a small cabinets dedicated to her tea habits. I literally could not explain what does what, aside from looking FANCY.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #62091
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Their meatballs are amazzhurrrring. I love that weird berry soda/punch stuff.
OMG, yes those meatballs! I can probably just sit there eating them all day XD I'm actually planning on going to Ikea sometime this month, and luckily it's only about 20 minutes from my house
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #62092
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

But seriously, it is balls that IKEA only ships like 5 items and you basically have to mount a week-long expedition to go there and get everything you need in one shot if you don't have one twenty minutes away like I do.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #62093
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Our closest Ikea is a good 45 minutes away so we don't really get to go often, in fact we only went once. But I love it, and their delicious noms.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #62094
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ooookay, I need to go to an Ikea when I'm in Toronto next year, now... (though I probably won't need anything. Like I said last night, prefurnished dorm means not much needed for home furnishings, and I'm getting kitchenwares way cheaper)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #62095
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Go just to eat their food.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #62096
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Ooookay, I need to go to an Ikea when I'm in Toronto next year, now... (though I probably won't need anything. Like I said last night, prefurnished dorm means not much needed for home furnishings, and I'm getting kitchenwares way cheaper)
There is one location in Toronto which is sub-way accessible (the run a tiny shuttle bus so you dont even have to take the 15 min walk), and one around the edge of Toronto/Mississauga which I think isn't too far from the subway either, but I haven't been to that one. There's also Thornhill north of the city and one in the Burlington/Hamilton area but you really need a car for them.
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #62097
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

LOL at my sister trying to tell me soda is poison. Fair enough, but if you're still smoking you don't need to be lecturing me on what I do and don't put in my body.
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #62098
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Penny does what she waaaaaaaants
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #62099
Yavarice
Skymoose

I can see Ikea from an office window right now - I have a great urge to go after I'm off and buy some meatballs. XD
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #62100
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
LOL at my sister trying to tell me soda is poison. Fair enough, but if you're still smoking you don't need to be lecturing me on what I do and don't put in my body.

Your sister sounds unpleasant whenever you talk about her.

But hey, if your skinny and smoke it's fine but if your fat and drink soda it's unhealthy.

AMMIRIGHTGAIS

Watching Pocahontas on Netflix.
Wow I forgot that Disney tackled some serious issues 'back in the day' because holy crap these guy's are pretty blatantly racist.

LOL OMG. THE MAGIC OF WHITE PEOPLE TEACHES HER ENGLISH.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 01-03-2013 at 01:50 PM.