Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3685 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #62161
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I WANT to play Dishonored. Ewing spoke highly of it, and it looks cool as hell. BUT massive backlog of games. I'll pick it up eventually, what with Steam sales to come and what not. I also have to find the time to play it. I managed to put like maybe...4 hours into Skyrim? And I liked that game.
If you only put 4 hours into Dishonored then you still played half way through.

Speaking of completing games, I just got to the end of Persona 4. By sheer chance I happened to be listening to this.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #62162
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
IT IS WHAT I MEAN

AND THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST

LIKE THE MOST DEADLY CREATURES IN THE ENTIRE GAME

FRIGGING MOLLUSKS

ACID-SPITTING MOLLUSKS

SCREWIN UP MY SNEAK

ARRRGGGHHHH

LOW CHAOS LEVELS MY ASS
I know! I'm like the most deadly assassin in the world, I can teleport behind someone's back stab them and disintergrate them in a second without ever worrying about being seen. Oh but the moment I step with in a mile of river Krust they instictivelty know when I am. I mean I've survived encounters with Tall Boys and a host of teleporting ninja assassins, but patch of river Krusts are still the most deadly enemies in the game. Fuck em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #62163
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I didn't like it the first time around, but then I developed a dark and twisted obsession with it. It's kinda like my relationship with SV in that regard.

Unrelated, is Belle having a major cosplay moment or something? I seem to see a lot of Belle pictures and progress shots popping up on the front page. I mean, I loves me some Beauty and the Beast, but... WHY?
Re: Belle-I'm fairly aware of the current shift in the cosplay scene -i.e. how anime becoming so stagnant and that industry is slowly dying. Granted a lot of the under 21 crowd still clings to that, a lot of the older female crowd seems to be at a crossroads. Some go to videya, others to comics, others to American or BBC programming. A lot of girls my age are big into Disney, seeing how they were on FIRE when we were kids (think back to the Little Mermaid-Tarzan years. Disney owned the summer for years on end). There's probably a certain feel-good nostaglia that occurs when costuming from Disney.

Or maybe it's something to do w/ Once Upon a Time? IDK. There seems to be a Fairytail revival as of late, and the Disney version of those characters are fairly iconic. Probably something to do with that. Hell Carrie even made a Belle costume way back when, if you remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post

Speaking of completing games, I just got to the end of Persona 4. By sheer chance I happened to be listening to this.
P4 vanilla or P4 Golden? If the later, I got some questions for you.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #62164
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Re: Belle - I blame a combination of OUAT, the fact that I think most little girls dreamed of wearing her gold gown at some point, and Disney is awesome.

I also have to agree with Chris - I haven't really loved an newer anime for a while. I think Star Driver was the last new anime I got excited about. (Sailor Moon remake not withstanding).
I'm even planning Disney-themed cosplays for my cons this year.

And at CTcon last year we didn't go to any anime themed panels except possibly one. I think.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #62165
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeeah, I've as good as stopped cosplaying from anime. My cosplays nowadays are original characters, video games, western sources (animation, aka MLP and I might do Disney someday, movies, etc.) And in the case of Molly Millions, books. I'm certainly cosplaying with a healthy dose of old/obscure, too.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #62166
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
It's so truuuuuuue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I know! I'm like the most deadly assassin in the world, I can teleport behind someone's back stab them and disintergrate them in a second without ever worrying about being seen. Oh but the moment I step with in a mile of river Krust they instictivelty know when I am. I mean I've survived encounters with Tall Boys and a host of teleporting ninja assassins, but patch of river Krusts are still the most deadly enemies in the game. Fuck em.
I guarantee the programmers did that on purpose. Oh ho ho you think you're hot shit you think you got some magic assassin powers you so tough well HA HA HA HERE'S SOME RIVER KRUSTS YOU LITTLE BITCH.

Quote:
Re: Belle-I'm fairly aware of the current shift in the cosplay scene -i.e. how anime becoming so stagnant and that industry is slowly dying. Granted a lot of the under 21 crowd still clings to that, a lot of the older female crowd seems to be at a crossroads. Some go to videya, others to comics, others to American or BBC programming. A lot of girls my age are big into Disney, seeing how they were on FIRE when we were kids (think back to the Little Mermaid-Tarzan years. Disney owned the summer for years on end). There's probably a certain feel-good nostaglia that occurs when costuming from Disney.

Or maybe it's something to do w/ Once Upon a Time? IDK. There seems to be a Fairytail revival as of late, and the Disney version of those characters are fairly iconic. Probably something to do with that. Hell Carrie even made a Belle costume way back when, if you remember that.
Eh. I feel you on the non-anime cosplay thing, and I would suspect OUaT has something to do with it. Maybe it's just that I'm seeing so much Belle in particular, or maybe it's that I notice her more than other characters because her dress is so... big and yellow.

I suppose I don't get it because, even though I love Belle, I always thought her wardrobe was hella whack and that ballgown was the crown jewel in her closet of fug.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #62167
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
P4 vanilla or P4 Golden? If the later, I got some questions for you.
Golden. I need to use my vita for something.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #62168
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
There seems to be a Fairytail revival as of late
I read this and my heart leapt and I got all excited for a moment, and then I realized you probably meant Fairy Tale instead. .-.

And there's my second dose of early morning let-down.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #62169
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Re: Belle - I blame a combination of OUAT, the fact that I think most little girls dreamed of wearing her gold gown at some point, and Disney is awesome.

I also have to agree with Chris - I haven't really loved an newer anime for a while. I think Star Driver was the last new anime I got excited about. (Sailor Moon remake not withstanding).
I'm even planning Disney-themed cosplays for my cons this year.

And at CTcon last year we didn't go to any anime themed panels except possibly one. I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeeah, I've as good as stopped cosplaying from anime. My cosplays nowadays are original characters, video games, western sources (animation, aka MLP and I might do Disney someday, movies, etc.) And in the case of Molly Millions, books. I'm certainly cosplaying with a healthy dose of old/obscure, too.
I really see the SM remake as the genre's last stand in America, unless we get another Naruto/DBZ level show. I mean I liked Tiger & Bunny a lot, and there's been something I dug here and there since, but the amount of anime I liked/watched has decreased dramatically over the years.

Also most anime cons still operate like it's 2004, which no, it's not. At all. It also probably doesn't help that anime used to be this cool, dark, violent thing that you had to know somebody to get into to something that you can watch on Disney. Not to mention the market was extremely flooded in the mid-2000s.

Quote:
Eh. I feel you on the non-anime cosplay thing, and I would suspect OUaT has something to do with it. Maybe it's just that I'm seeing so much Belle in particular, or maybe it's that I notice her more than other characters because her dress is so... big and yellow.

I suppose I don't get it because, even though I love Belle, I always thought her wardrobe was hella whack and that ballgown was the crown jewel in her closet of fug.
Try as they might, the majority of cosplayers aren't exactly fashion savants. I mean look at taste's of the Homestuck crowd :: rimshot ::

Quote:
Golden. I need to use my vita for something.
Gotcha. Are you on route to get any of the newer endings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I read this and my heart leapt and I got all excited for a moment, and then I realized you probably meant Fairy Tale instead. .-.

And there's my second dose of early morning let-down.
Haha my bad. The FT you speak of is whack, IMO.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 01-04-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #62170
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
IT IS WHAT I MEAN

AND THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST

LIKE THE MOST DEADLY CREATURES IN THE ENTIRE GAME

FRIGGING MOLLUSKS

ACID-SPITTING MOLLUSKS

SCREWIN UP MY SNEAK

ARRRGGGHHHH

LOW CHAOS LEVELS MY ASS
They sound like the bears of Skyrim. No matter how high my sneak is, I am all wandering around the woods and all of a sudden; "ROOOOOOWWWHOOOOOOO" bear sound. Then dead.

I am level 46, maxed out sneak, almost maxed out archery tree, goddamn it bear you are the only thing that kills me in this game anymore.

Speaking of Skyrim: I never used to be bothered by the Dwemer ruins until one quest I had to go through one without my follower. I wasn't bothered at first; my sneak tree is 100 and totally maxed out and my archery tree is at 100 and nearly maxed out so I was confident this wouldn't be a big issue. Then three Dwemer Spheres had me spotted and cornered me near some stairs. I had been in first person for easier aiming and I was just trapped by these soulless faces staring down at me;

I can take out a a Dwemer Centurion with like..4 hits. But three of the Sphere automatons and I freaked out for the first time in the game. Now I get really uncomfortable going through the ruins.

During one quest, The Aetherium Forge, where you go from ruin to ruin collecting fragments of a rare metal and meeting up with some ghosty lady who died researching this old Dwemer Forge. There is a part near the very end where you go through a room with pathways over the water and it leads up to a hallway with the Dwemer Sphere holes in the walls and an automatic bow weapon you can fire at the end of the hallway. As I went up there I was no longer sneaking and thought I'd killed all the enemies. But as I approached the hallway opening I heard a sound louder than the normal background noise of the machinery. As I contemplated moving into the hall I saw the shoulder of a Centurion come around the corner and then it's whole body stalking out of the hallway.

I ended up freaking out and ran off the side of the platform I'd walked up, almost falling down to my death, but managed to land on some crumbling rocks just below the ledge. It spotted me and started to come down the platform through the normal path. I was flipping out and managed to take it down from my safe spot. But I was super nervous the rest of the ruin because I'd never encountered a Centurion that wasn't activated by you completing a specific task or releasing them from their stationary position (like in Blackreach).

It was walking around freely and I had no idea if it was always there, if it was programed to walk through the whole cave and it would come across me at a random point, or if I had somehow triggered it to be active by killing the other low level spiders and spheres in the room. But when I saw that thing coming around the corner it freaked me out.

Quote:
I didn't like it the first time around, but then I developed a dark and twisted obsession with it. It's kinda like my relationship with SV in that regard.

Unrelated, is Belle having a major cosplay moment or something? I seem to see a lot of Belle pictures and progress shots popping up on the front page. I mean, I loves me some Beauty and the Beast, but... WHY?
There might be a Disney gathering at a big convention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Day 2 of Project Clean Luna's Room!

Hopefully we won't need a day three.

This Is also a "move some of my stuff over to Gf's apartment" project so when I move in on March 7th I only have a few totes of clothes, my TV/PS3/Wii and laptop.
That sounds like some good idears. When it was move in day for us we didn't really have a chance to just move things in over time, it was hot and gross out so we just had to get everything out of the truck as soon as we could and throw it wherever.

We where sleeping on my mattress for like a week before getting the stuff from the storage unit.

The apartment looked a lot bigger...

Quote:

I don't mind her ball gown and all but yellow is so not my color so it's not something I'd ever cosplay myself. Her 'town dress' to me was rather pretty and simple so I'd be more inclined to cosplay that one. I also liked her assortment of capes.

The other one I liked considerably more was the iridescent looking red dress, not the half-sleeve 'Christmas' looking one,the one in the top middle:

What's worse about that ballgown is how promotional art for it gets progressively uglier and uglier by sticking huge gems on it and big bows. For some reason promotional art for like..toys and stuff makes all the Disney girl's outfits significantly uglier then it needs to be.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #62171
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Haha my bad. The FT you speak of is whack, IMO.
It totally is, but I think that's why I like it. xD; As I've gotten older, I've fallen more and more in love with the absurd and over-the-top.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #62172
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

My face feels bruised...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #62173
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I can take out a a Dwemer Centurion with like..4 hits. But three of the Sphere automatons and I freaked out for the first time in the game. Now I get really uncomfortable going through the ruins.
Dwemer ruins freak me out, too, mostly because of the automatons and the Falmer, although I'm also pretty fascinated by Dwemer and Falmer history and have done... really irresponsible amounts of research into both in terms of Elder Scrolls world-building. In Oblivion I got scared going through... well, through Oblivion, I really hated the daedra and their vomiting noises and their Darth Maul faces and I basically ran like hell to the end every time I had to close a Gate. But in Skyrim it's the Dwemer ruins that get my goat the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
What's worse about that ballgown is how promotional art for it gets progressively uglier and uglier by sticking huge gems on it and big bows. For some reason promotional art for like..toys and stuff makes all the Disney girl's outfits significantly uglier then it needs to be.
It's really just shitty, careless design and assuming all children lack taste and intelligence to tell when they've been thrown some shitty, careless design. Like, how do we jazz up this kind of plain, flat design so it's more appealing in real life? Certainly not by using interesting fabrics, textures, and embellishments. We should probably just go as gaudy as humanly possible because little kids don't care, they just love it when you slap a bunch of colorful random shit on everything.

I do admit there are plenty of children (and a number of adults) for whom gaudiness is appealing, but can't these toy designers even try?
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #62174
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
It totally is, but I think that's why I like it. xD; As I've gotten older, I've fallen more and more in love with the absurd and over-the-top.
I like absurd & over-the-top, which is why I dug One Piece. and that's my problem with Fairy Tale. It trys so hard to be One Piece, but with a more "attractive" cast, which irks me. Oda's artstyle is so unique it works. Tail looks generic in comparison.

Unread 01-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #62175
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
I like absurd & over-the-top, which is why I dug One Piece. and that's my problem with Fairy Tale. It trys so hard to be One Piece, but with a more "attractive" cast, which irks me. Oda's artstyle is so unique it works. Tail looks generic in comparison.
I went the other way; I tried One Piece and just couldn't get into it. Something about the humor just irritated me so much. And then Fairy Tail came out and I was like "yes, this is for me".
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14