Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 692 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #62176
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Someone made a fandom blog and made it look like a hipster blog....

I am so done

http://impossible-astronauts.tumblr.com/

This is something they posted
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #62177
Lithium Flower
Handphones

[quote=penny_dreadful;4579499]Dwemer ruins freak me out, too, mostly because of the automatons and the Falmer, although I'm also pretty fascinated by Dwemer and Falmer history and have done... really irresponsible amounts of research into both in terms of Elder Scrolls world-building. In Oblivion I got scared going through... well, through Oblivion, I really hated the daedra and their vomiting noises and their Darth Maul faces and I basically ran like hell to the end every time I had to close a Gate. But in Skyrim it's the Dwemer ruins that get my goat the worst.[quote]
Nothing else aside from the Bears and the Dwemer Spheres scare me. I didn't even realize how heavily I depended on the company of Derkeethus to go through the ruins until I didn't have him anymore and everything was just so bleak and empty and scary D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
It's really just shitty, careless design and assuming all children lack taste and intelligence to tell when they've been thrown some shitty, careless design. Like, how do we jazz up this kind of plain, flat design so it's more appealing in real life? Certainly not by using interesting fabrics, textures, and embellishments. We should probably just go as gaudy as humanly possible because little kids don't care, they just love it when you slap a bunch of colorful random shit on everything.

I do admit there are plenty of children (and a number of adults) for whom gaudiness is appealing, but can't these toy designers even try?
Tack on as much glitter as possible. Little girls like glitter right? Yeah, more shiny junk. And bows. ALL THE BOWS. What do you mean this looks ugly? It's gold, with pink bows, and lots of assorted jewelry. This isn't lazy designing at all.

This might just be me, which is probably is, but the new Rapunzel doll kinda weirds me out too. It's a doll of her as a child only she's wearing her wedding gown and is clearly dressed as a bride. It kinda just..looks so weird to me. Like "Here's your mail order child bride Rapunzel kids!"
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #62178
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

This dude is coming on way strong and wants me to hang with him AT his house and I'm just like... uuuuuuuuuuuh ._. I am super not ok with that if I've never actually met you
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #62179
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Gotcha. Are you on route to get any of the newer endings?
I've already unlocked the Accomplice Ending (I did it then loaded my save). Right now I'm on the true ending path and I've met the criteria to see the "golden ending" epilogue after that (as well as completed the bonus dungeon).

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #62180
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
This dude is coming on way strong and wants me to hang with him AT his house and I'm just like... uuuuuuuuuuuh ._. I am super not ok with that if I've never actually met you
Did you tell him all that?

"Hey bro your coming on really strong and I am not super not okay with going to your house. Thanks but no me gusta"
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #62181
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Did you tell him all that?

"Hey bro your coming on really strong and I am not super not okay with going to your house. Thanks but no me gusta"
I just did, and he apologized and we agreed to go to lunch instead. He's not the best at social cues I guess...
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #62182
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Tack on as much glitter as possible. Little girls like glitter right? Yeah, more shiny junk. And bows. ALL THE BOWS. What do you mean this looks ugly? It's gold, with pink bows, and lots of assorted jewelry. This isn't lazy designing at all.

This might just be me, which is probably is, but the new Rapunzel doll kinda weirds me out too. It's a doll of her as a child only she's wearing her wedding gown and is clearly dressed as a bride. It kinda just..looks so weird to me. Like "Here's your mail order child bride Rapunzel kids!"
Is that this charmer? On the one hand, okay, there are lots of little girls who love playing wedding dress-up, that's fine. On the other, man, dolls in general just weird me out because there is SO MUCH bizarre stuff going on with them. I want a Waldorf-style baby doll for LD because he loves cuddling toys and I think it's great for kids to have something where they can role-play parenting and nurturing, it's a great developmental tool, but many of the dolls and action figures out there are just creepy as shit.

I don't want to put all the onus of gaudiness on girl's toys, there are plenty of toys intended for boys that have disgusting color combinations, superfluous flames, and, I mean, have you seen all that Transformers shit and whatever? It's GROSSSSSS. Just hideous to look at. There are some toys we get gifted for LD, and I pretty much immediately donate them like NOPE TOO UGLY STOP UGLYING UP MY HOME.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #62183
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
One of my favorite anecdotes about my own life ever is the time I was running Yahoo! chat or whatever, and some guy who lived in my town started IMing me, trying to get me to come over to his house. And then when I was like "nah dude I'm out" he was like "WAIT I AM A WEREWOLF I CAN SHAPESHIFT IN MIND AND BODY" and he genuinely thought that would pique my interest enough to get me to go over to a stranger's house and take my clothes off.

Coincidentally SV's best friend had worked on a movie this guy directed and told us later that the first day of filming, the guy's family showed up on set and basically apologized in advance for anything wretched he did.

Sorry, I just love that story, didn't mean to hijack your experience.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #62184
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Is that this charmer? On the one hand, okay, there are lots of little girls who love playing wedding dress-up, that's fine. On the other, man, dolls in general just weird me out because there is SO MUCH bizarre stuff going on with them. I want a Waldorf-style baby doll for LD because he loves cuddling toys and I think it's great for kids to have something where they can role-play parenting and nurturing, it's a great developmental tool, but many of the dolls and action figures out there are just creepy as shit.
Yes, it's that one.

It's just weird to me to dress up a toddler-aged doll like a bride. It's cool if other people are fine with it and all, but to me it's kinda skeevie.

Regular non-animated dolls don't really bother me much. As a kid I loved my "American Girl' doll to pieces. But uh, some of them seem a little oddly designed. Like that Rapunzel one.

Quote:
I don't want to put all the onus of gaudiness on girl's toys, there are plenty of toys intended for boys that have disgusting color combinations, superfluous flames, and, I mean, have you seen all that Transformers shit and whatever? It's GROSSSSSS. Just hideous to look at. There are some toys we get gifted for LD, and I pretty much immediately donate them like NOPE TOO UGLY STOP UGLYING UP MY HOME.
'Boy toys' are ugly as shit. The packaging is all the same ugly color of navy or super intense red with matching flame stickers on the sides. Everything's also apparently super exciting because they all have exclamation points after every statement on the package.

NOW WITH MORE PLASTIC!

HAMBURGERS ARE GOOD!

FLAMES!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #62185
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
One of my favorite anecdotes about my own life ever is the time I was running Yahoo! chat or whatever, and some guy who lived in my town started IMing me, trying to get me to come over to his house. And then when I was like "nah dude I'm out" he was like "WAIT I AM A WEREWOLF I CAN SHAPESHIFT IN MIND AND BODY" and he genuinely thought that would pique my interest enough to get me to go over to a stranger's house and take my clothes off.

Coincidentally SV's best friend had worked on a movie this guy directed and told us later that the first day of filming, the guy's family showed up on set and basically apologized in advance for anything wretched he did.

Sorry, I just love that story, didn't mean to hijack your experience.
Penny your stories are much better than my life, continue on.
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #62186
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Emmers: I'm lucky that I can move in bit by bit. And if I send something over that I actually need I can just run over quick and grab it.

I did forget the most important thing I'll be bringing with me on move in day - my cats. But I'm sure they'll forgive me.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #62187
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Emmers: I'm lucky that I can move in bit by bit. And if I send something over that I actually need I can just run over quick and grab it.

I did forget the most important thing I'll be bringing with me on move in day - my cats. But I'm sure they'll forgive me.
Your cats will just be sitting at your old home, staring out the window sadly, pawing at the glass as you leave them behind.

You broke their tiny hearts.

Murderer.

Speaking of kitties, I've got a question for those of you who have owned the precious fuzziness that is a cat:

Jiji has a habit of biting. But not necessarily aggressively. He will be all happy and cuddly and just totally all over you and seemingly really enjoys being pet but then he'll wrap his paws around your arm and bit the side of your hand.

Sometimes he seems agitated prior and I am teaching Brando the signs on what an agitated kitty looks like and that when he paws at his hand he wants Brando to stop petting him. Some of the bites been from Jiji being agitated or stressed but other times he's actively coming to you for cuddles and will seem super content and happy and be purring but then will bite.

Even if you aren't petting him and just have your hands at your sides.

I recall hearing somewhere that cats bite each-other like a 'kiss' and that when a cat is really ecstatic and overwhelmed by feeling happy they might bite their owner in the same way they'd bite another cat they liked the company of.

Since Jiji was pretty much an untouched cat at the shelter, because he DID play bite while there and the volunteers just didn't have the time to deal with his biting, Maybe he's just overwhelmed by getting all the free cuddles he wants? I am not sure how to stop him from biting when it's not out of aggression or nervousness because a lot of times he does it when he seems perfectly happy so I cannot predict him biting.

Does anyone have experience with their cat doing something similar? I read somewhere that if you push your hand deeper into their mouth when they bite it startles them into letting go because that isn't a normal reaction for another animal to do?I would like to train Jiji to get out of harmful habits while he's still young and new enough in our home to train easily but I am not really sure what to do with the biting.

If he bites I tell Brando to either drop him back on the ground or to walk away from him. But sometimes we've had to bop Jiji on the nose to get him to let go.

When he's agitated or nervous I can predict him not wanting to be touched, and now Brando is getting more familiar with the signs of when he's agitated too. But the random bites when he seems totally happy and wanting attention are kinda outta my range of knowing what to do.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 01-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #62188
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Your cats will just be sitting at your old home, staring out the window sadly, pawing at the glass as you leave them behind.

You broke their tiny hearts.

Murderer.
That escalated quickly...
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #62189
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

They're coming!! They're coming!! I couldn't leave them behind!!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #62190
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
It's just weird to me to dress up a toddler-aged doll like a bride. It's cool if other people are fine with it and all, but to me it's kinda skeevie.

Regular non-animated dolls don't really bother me much. As a kid I loved my "American Girl' doll to pieces. But uh, some of them seem a little oddly designed. Like that Rapunzel one.
It's weird to me, too, mostly because I never thought a doll needed to be "like me" to get me to play with it. My goal as a child was not to just play with myse--

--okay, it was not to play with another version of myself. I read stories about that. They were scary. I mean, I would've played with plain ol' Rapunzel and not some icky toddler version and it would've been fine. And it totally does make her look like a child bride doll, the "logic" of it doesn't really change that.

The American Girl (or AG as they're now known, in another heinous update) dolls have some issues, but I did love mine so much and I'm sorry they've gotten away from portraying historical girls with awesome period-authentic costumes and accessories and into more of the "this doll is EXACTLY LIKE ME because I AM AWESOME AND SPECIAL, ME ME ME" marketing thing that's so popular right now.

Quote:
'Boy toys' are ugly as shit. The packaging is all the same ugly color of navy or super intense red with matching flame stickers on the sides. Everything's also apparently super exciting because they all have exclamation points after every statement on the package.

NOW WITH MORE PLASTIC!

HAMBURGERS ARE GOOD!

FLAMES!
Plastic toys are kind of the bane of my existence. It's hard to avoid them, but when I purchase toys I try and go with cloth or wood or other materials. And noise-making toys, too. I just bought one myself, admittedly, but LD has so much noisy crap laying around and some of it HAS NO OFF SWITCH and once it starts YOU CANNOT STOP IT, what evil hell-beast produces these things and makes money off of them and WHY DOES MY FAMILY INSIST ON BUYING THEM FOR ME SHALL I KNOW NO PEACE?!?

Thankfully he's still young enough that I can get away with giving him plenty of neutral sorts of things to play with. I'll see how long I can keep that up. I wish it was the same with his clothes, but past 12 months the gender lines become much more defined and now it's like heeey I hope you like lots of blue and red with cartoon characters and trucks on it and shit GUN FIGHT SWORD GUN FIGHT SWORD.

Quote:
Penny your stories are much better than my life, continue on.
Ehn, my actual life is profoundly boring, I just know how to spin it so it sounds exciting.