Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #62371
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I've known wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many people who collected BJDs who treated the damn things like literal children. Much like Fullbleed, they also creep me the hell out,
Yeah, some of the fandom is a bit much. I just want one to make clothes for. I think that they are both creepy and cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Speaking of creepy, has anyone heard from Kilbot? Or has this been addressed?
SV thinks he is dead. I think that he has been on vacation.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #62372
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Creepy by no means has to mean bad. I love creepy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #62373
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yeah, some of the fandom is a bit much. I just want one to make clothes for. I think that they are both creepy and cute.

Have you looked into previously owned dolls, Hag? I occasionally notice friends of mine looking to sell theirs.

As for Kil... I'm sure someone can play internet-sleuth and find out where he's gone.
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #62374
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
That's....strangle adorbs The Hag. Good on you. Best of luck on your Bal Jointed ventures.

Quote:
You can kill a robot if Transformers and Terminator movies are to be believe, and Robots (not in Portal, Borderlanders or Futurama) don't enjoy vacations, so mayhaps he's getting an upgrade? Kilbot 2.0? Kilbot Vista?

Also expect me to feel TERRIBLE if something actually bad happend to the dude.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #62375
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

I've seen him lurking so I think he's fine. I suspect that, being on vacation, he has more fun things to do than post here. At least, that's my theory.

Edit: @Mai. No, I haven't really. I'd be a bit hesitant to buy a used one though because I wouldn't really know how to judge if the price was reasonable or not.

Last edited by The Hag : 01-07-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #62376
Lithium Flower
Handphones

BJD kinda creep me out, but on the other side it would be really cool for me to completely customize a figure based on a character I enjoy. Like to say; Completely paint and customize a BDJ as Roll from the Megaman series.

I don't think I could ever like..carry it around with me or something like folks do at conventions. I'd just put it in the display cabinet with the other figures.

But it might be cool to create one from sorta scratch.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #62377
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I don't think I could ever like..carry it around with me or something like folks do at conventions. I'd just put it in the display cabinet with the other figures.
Apparently some people make up personalities and backstories for their dolls. Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #62378
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have removed my gloves!

And they did look kind of creepy in the picture... I love them though. Samantha is in great shape for her age (17) and so is Josefina (15).

I have a little "Byul" doll that I bought on a whim two years ago. She's not a bjd, but she's awesome.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #62379
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Apparently some people make up personalities and backstories for their dolls. Eh, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Kinda creeps me out in the way that old cultures where against getting their pictures taken because they claimed it took a piece of your soul. But I read a lot of spooky stories so I think all things can steal your soul anyway.

I wouldn't want to buy one like..pre-designed though. I'd rather buy the body and stuff to make it so I can be crafty.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #62380
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Kinda creeps me out in the way that old cultures where against getting their pictures taken because they claimed it took a piece of your soul. But I read a lot of spooky stories so I think all things can steal your soul anyway.
Oh yeah - there are a LOT of horror stories involving dolls. I totally understand being creeped out by them.
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #62381
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:

Maybe he's on holiday in the afterlife? Insert Grim Fandango reference below.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #62382
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I make up personalities and backstories for my video game characters, that's probably the same thing.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #62383
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I make up personalities and backstories for my video game characters, that's probably the same thing.
NO IT'S NOT!!!!! THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!! Or you know, it would be if, you know, I did that. WHICH I TOTALLY DON'T!!!!
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #62384
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

...love the BJDs. Can't afford them...at least right now but...I would love to. Except...the ones actually based on characters kind of creep me out a little. All the custom ones are great though.

Uhm lemme see....driving is on the brain...it's a car kind of day. I love doing figure eights and just driving in my mum's Jetta TDI...it's like a go kart. Also on a related note...my grandmother has some badass friends at church of all places. One drove her '79 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II.....and another one of the people there pulled up in a brand spanking new Lamborghini.

Also...to throw this out there...cats are soft, fluffy and kind of distracting.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.Ē

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #62385
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
NO IT'S NOT!!!!! THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!! Or you know, it would be if, you know, I did that. WHICH I TOTALLY DON'T!!!!
LET'S TRADE SELF-INSERT FICS.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote