Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2866 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #62731
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Chicago is famous for going H.A.M. on their hot dog toppings, which is why they are the king of hot dogs. I refuse to believe otherwise.
I have real trouble eating hot dogs made out of meat, so Chicago-style dogs are great for me because there's so much other stuff going on that the meat itself is kind of incidental.

Quote:
5 Napkins
Burgers, you say? There's one in Astoria, you say? This may be relevant to us...
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #62732
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I'm not big on other stuff on my burgers - bacon, mushrooms, avocado. I mean, if someone served me one at a party I'd sure as hell eat it, but I don't ever order them. And I like good substantial buns (hehehe) - something sturdy like sourdough or ciabatta that won't squish and fall apart.
No shrooms, yes to avocado (in guac form) or bacon. Avocado is dope on burgers. Shotzy (aka Oshi) made homemade guac once at a CoPicnic and I slapped it on my burger and it was the realness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Ahn!Con starts today. I hope we get into our room okay as both my dad and I can't find the confirmation e-mail. We made the reservation on the phone so I'm thinking they may have written our e-mail addresses wrong.

Also I'm worried about people's bull shit coming up at the con but my friends said that they'd protect me from anyone who tries to start with me.

BTW, hedgehog lifespan is 3-5 years but they can live up to 9. I'm planning to get one soon.
1) Call them to confirm in advance.
2) Do not be above snitching on harrassment.
3) Good to know. Also photos upon getting some Hedgehog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
My mood depends on the stuff that goes on my burger. Burgers for me are like mood rings.
If I am feeling a little tired and not wanting to put much effort into my day my burger will probably just have some lettuce and tomato. If I am feeling motivated it might have some onion and bacon and cheese.

I season my burger meat differently for my mood too. Sometimes it's not seasoned at all, sometimes it has paprika, salt, pepper, and meat rub mixed in.

Mood ring of foods.

Also yes, floppy sad flat buns (hurrr) are the worst.
This. All of this. Emmers, we are now Burger Bros (Team DrawBurger??), are you ready for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I have real trouble eating hot dogs made out of meat, so Chicago-style dogs are great for me because there's so much other stuff going on that the meat itself is kind of incidental.

Burgers, you say? There's one in Astoria, you say? This may be relevant to us...
I love meat....and that's it.

IT IS WORTH IT. Obviously I doubt you guys can make it out tonight (We're doing it up in the one in Manhattan in Union Square!), but the one in Astoria is legit. I've eaten there with the Viscos before. I PROPOSE WE DO AN ULTRA MARRIED COUPLES ULTRA-DATE SOONISH! THE VISCOS! THE JORGANS! THE TROY-WINKS! THE DONNELYS! FUN FOR ALL!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #62733
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I saw "Up Close and Off Center. The Musical" last night. (Les Mis)

It wasn't terrible. Except Russell Crowe sucked. His lack of emotion ruined his final song in ways I cannot even begin to describe. Anne Hathaway was AMAZING. As was the girl who played Eponine.

Best part was gf sprang for Lux Level which meant comfy leather seats, real food (we split a couple appetizers and called it dinner), alcohol if you want it , (I didn't drink, alcohol makes me sleepy and it was a 3 hour movie), and free refills on soda!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #62734
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I PROPOSE WE DO AN ULTRA MARRIED COUPLES ULTRA-DATE SOONISH! THE VISCOS! THE JORGANS! THE TROY-WINKS! THE DONNELYS! FUN FOR ALL!
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure it's not a weeknight and we have enough notice to find a babysitter, i.e. make sure my mom is available because I don't have to pay her.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #62735
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Ghost noises
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure it's not a weeknight and we have enough notice to find a babysitter, i.e. make sure my mom is available because I don't have to pay her.
It would be a Saturday or Sunday. Any particular dates that do/don't work for you? After the 19th/20th? And would you guys prefer afternoon or evening burgers??

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #62736
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I saw "Up Close and Off Center. The Musical" last night. (Les Mis)
XD I saw it yesterday too and that's the perfect description for it!

Quote:
It wasn't terrible. Except Russell Crowe sucked. His lack of emotion ruined his final song in ways I cannot even begin to describe. Anne Hathaway was AMAZING. As was the girl who played Eponine.
I enjoyed it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't already a fan. I didn't think Russell Crowe was that bad. I actually thought that Hugh Jackman was the weakest link - mostly because he had the most demanding part. Totally agree about Anne Hathaway. Also Samantha Barks. Just found out that she beat out Taylor Swift for the part. O_O I also thought that Eddie Redmayne was really good. Though, man, I'd forgotten that Marius was such a dope!

Last edited by The Hag : 01-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #62737
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I'm a minimalist when it comes to burbers. Cheese and ketchup is all I need really. Pickles, cooked onions, lettuce ect are nice and all but not essential. And I'd rather eat the pickle on its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #62738
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
XD I saw it yesterday too and that's the perfect description for it!

I enjoyed it but wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't already a fan. I didn't think Russell Crowe was that bad. I actually thought that Hugh Jackman was the weakest link - mostly because he had the most demanding part. Totally agree about Anne Hathaway. Also Samantha Barks. Just found out that she beat out Taylor Swift for the part. O_O I also thought that Eddie Redmayne was really good. Though, man, I'd forgotten that Marius was such a dope!

I don't think Jackman has the vocal range for ValJean, but he gets a sticker for effort.

I just felt like Russell Crowe was too... Flat. Not vocally, but emotionally. It was the line in the last song that kind of killed me:
There is nothing in the world that we share. It is either Valjean or Javear.

He sang it so... dead.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #62739
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Indeed, I never go overboard with condiments, otherwise they totally overpower the burger. If you want different flavours, just season the meat before you cook it.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #62740
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

i just like mustard ketchup and pickles on my burger.
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #62741
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I don't think Jackman has the vocal range for ValJean, but he gets a sticker for effort.

I just felt like Russell Crowe was too... Flat. Not vocally, but emotionally. It was the line in the last song that kind of killed me:

He sang it so... dead.
Jackman is also super musical dude, Les Mis is more of an Opera, so I constantly heard his "boy from oz" notes coming out.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #62742
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I've never seen anything 'Le Mis' before. All I know is it has something to do with a long haired white girl being poor.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #62743
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I've never seen anything 'Le Mis' before. All I know is it has something to do with a long haired white girl being poor.
It takes place in France and it's about the uprising of 1832. Lots of angryness between rich and poor.
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #62744
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
It did fit in with the "raw" sound that Hooper was going for, but then Barks or Redmayne would sing and I'd be like, "Oh yeah - that's how it should sound." The contrast was jarring.

Quote:

He sang it so... dead.
I don't disagree. I just feel like Javert is so buttoned down that it was a valid approach. And honestly,

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I've always thought that Javert's suicide was a bit forced and mostly a plot device.
Especially in the musical where his background is only mentioned in passing. So that scene has never really worked for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Jackman is also super musical dude, Les Mis is more of an Opera, so I constantly heard his "boy from oz" notes coming out.
Speaking of which - why the hell did Gavroche have a thick cockney accent? He would have been perfect in Oliver, but it seemed pretty out of place given that the story takes place in FRANCE.

Last edited by The Hag : 01-11-2013 at 11:42 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #62745
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
It did fit in with the "raw" sound that Hooper was going for, but then Banks or Redmayne would sing and I'd be like, "Oh yeah - that's how it should sound." The contrast was jarring.

I don't disagree. I just feel like Javert is so buttoned down that it was a valid approach. And honestly,

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
I've always thought that Javert's suicide was a bit forced and mostly a plot device.
Especially in the musical where his background is only mentioned in passing. So that scene has always seemed a little forced to me anyway.
If that scene is done well, it looks like the unravelling of a man who can't take the fact that a criminal let him live and he was in his debt and he felt that now he was tainted by evil by being saved by the man he hunted.

It can be a really complex scene if done well. I actually love it when acted by someone who gives Javert multi dimensions. (I could go on and on about how I love his character and complexity but I'll save ya'll the trouble)

Hi I'm shelby and I love theatre

Edit- Since it's a play that takes place in France and we obviously don't all speak it, I know that every gavroche I have ever seen has spoken with a cockney accent probably to translate to english speakers that he is a low class urchin.

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 01-11-2013 at 11:44 AM.