Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2883 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #63406
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I enjoyed the MCR show I went to, I did not enjoy the crowd because it was REALLY packed in a very small venue and a lot of the fans were pushy and trying to form mosh pits and I was not digging it. It was sweaty and awful. I forget who played with them but I knew them and liked them too, it was just so long ago. and I only remember MCR.

I prefer ska shows nowadays
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #63407
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I prefer ska shows nowadays
Man, if only you lived on Long Island. And it was ten years ago. We had a BIG ska scene over here. One of our friends was in a semi-well-known band that even got some radio play.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #63408
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
It was Warped Tour, which is even worse. It was August in the middle of a drought and I had to buy MCR-themed bandanas so we didn't inhale Randall's Island dirt all day; they had "cooling stations" where you could get doused with hoses and I was apparently very popular over there for reasons unbeknownst to me; some dude dry-humped me from behind during MCR's set; and basically it was horrible and so not worth it. And they're one of those bands where the fan base is definitely off-putting.

I haven't listened to MCR in a couple of years but I bear them no ill will. I still might kind of love you, Ray Toro.

As for pictures of mini Ms. Dreadful, I'm old enough that photos from my teenage years have to be scanned since they were pretty much all taken with those disposable cameras and printed at a drugstore.

Hag's going to come in any minute and tell us about the tintypes she had to sit for when she made her debut.
I'm in the same boat as PD when it comes to photos. Also NOPEEEEEEEEEE!

I never did Warped. I did do the K-Rock summer shows twice when they were a thing, the winter show once, Rockstar Mayhem one year, and the rest were artist specific things. MCR was with 2 bands I don't remember, but the 2nd act was Neon Trees if google is correct. The audience sounds like the complete opposite of your's PD, mostly teenagers, their parents and a few bros.

I did enjoy their last album though (Killjoys) and Gerald Way has a new comic coming out this summer which I am HYPED for.

Quote:
Man, if only you lived on Long Island. And it was ten years ago. We had a BIG ska scene over here. One of our friends was in a semi-well-known band that even got some radio play.
Ska was still big last decade. I honestly though it died in the late 90s?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #63409
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I feel like an overachiever... my online class opened yesterday, so i logged in today to do the whole "introduce yourself" discussion board post. I was the only person to post. I really hope that doesn't lead to my professor to have unrealistic expectations. I'm usually a squeak in under the deadline person not a get it done early. I just didn't want to forget about the intro post - its worth like 10 points.

Now to go read about early child special needs. Again.
(I took this EXACT class at my old school but it doesn't transfer because it only required 10 hours of observation, as opposed to the 40. At least I already know the material)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #63410
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

My union sent out an email about "discipline and interrogation workshops". I sat there for a good minute having terrible thoughts about what that workshop might entail.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #63411
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
My union sent out an email about "discipline and interrogation workshops". I sat there for a good minute having terrible thoughts about what that workshop might entail.
Are they teaching you to discipline and interrogate or are they going to discipline and interrogate you during the workshop?

I'm doing my taxes. Like an adult.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #63412
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS!

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/01/...ot-at-intruder

Oh Florida, you are terrible!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #63413
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS!

Holy crap, that really is the epitome of Florida stories.

Yo, since our laptop at home is messed up and SV might not get a chance to see this anywhere else: unicorn bouquet and Cthulhu perfume. I know we're not big on exchanging gifts but I would be willing to make an exception. I'm just putting that out there.
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #63414
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

Quote:
MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS!

I live in Florida. D:

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 50%- Sleeves are attached!
Frozen - Elsa Coronation - Future - Not quite planning.
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #63415
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Holy crap, that really is the epitome of Florida stories.
My favorite part is when I finished reading this story, look at Sean and whispered "Multi-Pass". He laughed and told me to keep Pixel away from my ass. GOOD TIMES!

Unread 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #63416
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
MULTI-PASS! MULTI-PASS!

This sounds like a setup for the strangest fetish ever conceived.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #63417
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Marie C View Post
I live in Florida. D:
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/tag/florida

I'm....so sorry.

Unread 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #63418
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
This sounds like a setup for the strangest fetish ever conceived.
What, rubbing yourself with children's clothing and pooping while getting shot at?

Ehn. I've heard weirder.

Quote:
Excuse me, like the third story down is about some guy punching a pizza delivery man because he didn't bring the garlic knots, and it makes several mentions of Domino's but Domino's doesn't make garlic knots.

I can no longer put my faith in the veracity of Uproxx's reporting.
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #63419
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
it makes several mentions of Domino's but Domino's doesn't make garlic knots.
It might be a regional thing.

That story pleased me mightily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #63420
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
What, rubbing yourself with children's clothing and pooping while getting shot at?

Ehn. I've heard weirder.

Excuse me, like the third story down is about some guy punching a pizza delivery man because he didn't bring the garlic knots, and it makes several mentions of Domino's but Domino's doesn't make garlic knots.

I can no longer put my faith in the veracity of Uproxx's reporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It might be a regional thing.

That story pleased me mightily.
A quick google search confirms that indeed, some locales do indeed offer Garlic Knots.

YOUR MOVE PD, YOUR MOVE!