Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3811 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #63451
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Sorry, Angathol. There are really no excuses.

...so I did something funny to my ankle in pointe earlier, and I'm going to be really upset if it turns into a long-term injury. Especially because it was just Tuesday when our teacher told us to not get injured. Which isn't something we can help, but I was having so much fun dancing and getting so much more out of it than I ever have before. :|

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #63452
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I don't think a persons connections and hobbies absolves them of bad behaviors but whatever... I hardly care.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #63453
OswaldnOrtensia

Has anyone seen Going Postal? It's based on the Terry Pratchett novel of the same name. It takes place on Discworld, so there are wizards, vampires and werewolves wandering around in the 1830s non chalantly. Bit strange but very amusing. I figure this is what it's like for noncongoers.
OswaldnOrtensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #63454
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I have a confession to make... I find BOTDF music to be really catchy. ;A;
Granted, I think they have no musical talent, and their lyrics are trashy at best.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #63455
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

So costume work call went great today! I think yesterday was just a fluke, because I only made one tiny mistake today, and I was able to use the sewing machine no problem! It was really fun, and I can't wait to put in my hours next week!
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #63456
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

wah. I had some crazy-ass dreams and I'm still a little disturbed. Good thing I need a shower- that's always a good mind-cleaner.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #63457
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
When did I imply this? I know virtually nothing about her. I just wanted some clarification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I don't think it was you implying this, but it's a reason a lot of people dislike her.
^That. Sorry I misunderstood SV.

Most people who dislike her are accused of disliking her out of jealousy because she's an attractive woman and it's something I've had to 'prove' to others in the past. I didn't mean to assume, it's just a default people often go to; that if you dislike another woman it's solely because your jealous of her looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Can we not with the trash talk, please? It doesn't make anyone look good.

She's still a member of the community, even if she's on TV now.
Sorry if my comment came across as such, I wasn't trying to 'trash talk' her. I do not think she's a bad person and I was not trying to attack her personally. I felt I should clarify for SV. If my opinion is really inappropriate I can go back and delete my post content, or if you delete the posts I'd understand.

Really I was not trying to trash talk her, encourage people to, or attack her personally.

Brandon is getting 5k from his student loans that he's using to pay off stuff like his credit card and pay his aunt back for helping him get the new lease on his car. So he's paying off one debt with another one. Lol college.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #63458
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
it's just a default people often go to; that if you dislike another woman it's solely because your jealous of her looks.
It's actually worse than that. If you criticize another woman professionally and she is attractive, people assume that you are just jealous of her looks. If she is younger than you, they assume that you are also jealous of her youth. :/ My theory is that so many people, men and women, believe that a woman's main value is in her appearance and therefore the only thing worth evaluating and judging is her looks. A woman's personality and competence are immaterial, so if you don't like a woman or take issue with her work habits it must be because of her looks and if she is clearly attractive then the only other possible explanation is jealousy because everyone knows that ALL woman are in competition with each other for male attention which is THE MOST important thing in the world, am I right? It's fucked up.

I have zero interest in any so-called reality show. Moving on.....

The schtick might get old quickly, but man this made me laugh.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...leep-with-your

Last edited by The Hag : 01-25-2013 at 08:33 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #63459
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Feels like I haven't been here in ages. What've I missed?

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #63460
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Slept over Meghan's last night. Forgot my hair goo. I hope the "tousle me softly" I found works well enough... I won't get curls with it, but hopefully at least I'll get waves...
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #63461
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
It's actually worse than that. If you criticize another woman professionally and she is attractive, people assume that you are just jealous of her looks. If she is younger than you, they assume that you are also jealous of her youth. :/ My theory is that so many people, men and women, believe that a woman's main value is in her appearance and therefore the only thing worth evaluating and judging is her looks. A woman's personality and competence are immaterial, so if you don't like a woman or take issue with her work habits it must be because of her looks and if she is clearly attractive then the only other possible explanation is jealousy because everyone knows that ALL woman are in competition with each other for male attention which is THE MOST important thing in the world, am I right? It's fucked up

I have zero interest in any so-called reality show. Moving on......
Thank you, Hag. This is pretty much the issue I face when I have an issue with any woman, it's that people automatically assume I hate them (and there are few people I outright hate, YanYan Han is not on that list for anyone who's curious) because;

-They're skinnier then me; because my ultimate life achievement as a girl is to be skinny, clearly.

-They're prettier then me; even if I did think someone was prettier then me, what is this? Toddlers in Tiaras: Century 21 Branch Office Edition? Prettiness is not a goal or an achievement, it's not something to battle over.

-They're more successful then me: which is another subjective thing to everyone. Another woman might have more money but I might feel more secure with my relationships. I might have more money but feel less secure as a person. Success, like attractiveness, is not something that's measured equally from person-to-person.

-Because girls are catty and jealous AMIRIGHTLOL.

I cannot say anything honest about anyone without it automatically being assumed that I am jealous because the woman might be skinnier or prettier then myself or more popular. And it's okay if you are jealous of people sometimes, but that is not the default reason for having an issue with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
The schtick might get old quickly, but man this made me laugh.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...leep-with-your
I approve of asking a dumb cat because what's the worst that could happen?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #63462
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I just finished the first stage of preparing my ginger wine (pitching the yeast tommorrow after letting the main ingredients stew). Everything smells of ginger and lemons.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #63463
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

That awful moment when you realize that you have a papercut by using hand sanitizer.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #63464
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I cannot say anything honest about anyone without it automatically being assumed that I am jealous because the woman might be skinnier or prettier then myself or more popular.
As irritating as it is, it does give you lots of opportunities to practice not giving a fuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
pitching the yeast
"I'm telling you, Solly, if you only check out one cell this year, it's gotta be this yeast. His career is really on the rise. The kid's a self-starter and fast acting. But doesn't take himself too seriously, great sense of humor. He's a fun-gi!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Everything smells of ginger and lemons.
One of my favorite flavor combos. I love ginger and lemon martinis.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #63465
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Heated seats make it feel like you peed yourself.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○