Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 704 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #63661
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
So I'm avoiding going to bed so I open up my essay on Word when my dad comes in to check on me. This is when I write nonsense so he thinks I'm still working...
I just wrote this.
That's pretty much what I do at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Would anyone even notice? I'm pretty sure most "male" clothing is unisex these days....
I still know a number of women who get crap for dressing "too manly" or looking "butch" if their style isn't considered feminine enough. That's to say nothing of full on crossdressing.

So I have a membership with one of those sites that runs sales on different brands; this one happens to focus on clothes and toys for children but sells items for mothers, too. I was browsing their current sales, and they've got Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl shapewear and something called Cowgirls/Cowboys of Faith.

"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #63662
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have 20 minutes to kill before class. I need the class before mine to finish so I can go in and move the only lefty desk towards the front. I can't hear from the back and there's only 9 of us, so I'd look really anti social.

I should have brought my kindle
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #63663
smoreface

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I wanna shit glitter just so I can say I shit glitter.
Excuse me if this is gross..what happens when you fart? Razzle Dazzle?
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #63664
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
So I have a membership with one of those sites that runs sales on different brands; this one happens to focus on clothes and toys for children but sells items for mothers, too. I was browsing their current sales, and they've got Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl shapewear and something called Cowgirls/Cowboys of Faith.

They where clearly meant to be.

Even doing generic google searches I end up with results tagged "hot inuit girls" and shit like that. Almost all the pictures I am finding are either sepia toned historical photographs of traditional clothing, or white women in Halloween costumes. I've managed to find a total of 7 suitable images to use as better reference then what I had prior.

HEY GUYS. Let's the play the game "Things people on dA label as 'Inuit' that aren't*":

'Sitka Surfboards.

Halloween costumes with the words 'Eskimo', 'Cutie', or 'Sexy' in them

The notches of a tree: The artist claimed they took this closeup shot of the notches in a tree because 'It looked like an Inuit'.
*This does not mean the photographs are bad, the people who took them are bad, or the people in them are bad.

What I do find are lots of white American girls (with no Inuit heritage, don't even bro)who are posing with their camo-patterned winter coats and pulling the hoods up so the fur is in the way and they make 'angry' or 'powerful' looking faces at the camera.Sometimes they throw on some green 'army paint' under their eyes and scowl at the camera.

The fuck is going on here. What is with all the white American girls posing in Fair Isle (WHICH IS SCOTTISH IN ORIGIN) and tagging it as 'Inuit'. Stop that. Stop that right now.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #63665
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
You know what the world needs more of?

John Cena versus Dwane The Rock The Toothfairy Johnson.

CLEARLY.

My bet was Sheamus ending up involved with something less shitty. But uh. Yeah. Let's go with more of John Cena's stupid face.

I will say this, the look on their face when the table just crumbled beneath them was priceless. That had to hurt..

Also;
A for effort 'Goldust'. I liked your brothers mustache.

Cody Rhodes' reasons for growing a musache is GREAT. He's engaged, and him growing one out is his personal 1-man bachelor party b/c he's straight edge (not unlike Punk). I admire that.

As for Rock Vs Cena 2. UGH. Does this mean 3 months of terrible promos. The WWE had to STOP Rock/Punk exchanges after the first one, where Punk tore him a new one and Rock could only come back you "LOL UR GAY, COOKIE PUSS" and the crowd turned on him.

Now we have 3 months of basically what comes down to Xbox live shit-talking. While the guys with the legit talent are pushed to the side. UGHHHHHHH.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #63666
Lithium Flower
Handphones

So that's what was up with the cookie-puss signs!? None of us could figure out what the heck everyone was going on about.

And then that random dude with the 'Grumpy-Cat Hates Jobbers' sign. Wat.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #63667
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
So that's what was up with the cookie-puss signs!? None of us could figure out what the heck everyone was going on about.

And then that random dude with the 'Grumpy-Cat Hates Jobbers' sign. Wat.
Yeah, the Rock mark's (ugh) got behind "Cookie-puss", because they're the type of people who are willing to drop $30 on a tee-shirt that say "Boots 2 asses", because FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

<-- Will still see GI Joe 2, because RZA.

As for Grumpy-Cat....IDK Emmers. IDK. Can't help you there.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #63668
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My grandmothers 85th birthday was yesterday, left a message for her and talked to her earlier today. She really wants to see me. My mom said that she's lost tons of weight and is really sick, my mom thinks this is the last Christmas for my grandmother.

Even though I've been told that, and knew it, it didn't really hit me until hearing this kind of desperate tone in her voice today that I realized fully my grandmother is dying.

For a long time I thought I wouldn't care, because of how horrible she had been to me and my mother, and I would say nasty stuff about her and that I wouldn't care if she died. But when it comes down to it I find myself feeling incredibly sad and lonely, and hearing that little tone of desperation in her voice as she talked about wanting to see me again just sent me over the edge.

Sometimes people do bad things and it's really not something you can easily forgive . Sometimes they say awful terrible things that hurt you again and again, and you just know you can't forget them.
Sometimes they're scared, and alone, and hurt, and you still don't forgive them or forget what happened but you love them anyway. Even if it's not in a Disney-Film kind of picturesque way, you still care about them.

I understand why my mother had to forgive my grandmother, because at the end of all things part of her will die with her mother and she can't let this happen on a bad note with them arguing and hating one another.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #63669
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoreface View Post
Excuse me if this is gross..what happens when you fart? Razzle Dazzle?
Not gross, hilarious

Yes
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #63670
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post

So start doing it in little bits. Bisected is right, most clothes are relatively unisex. Wear boys pants or pants that are more boy style. And get some simple, plain shirts. Or just live in character shirts, most of those are Unisex.

If you do it gradually your parents will get used to the way you're dressing.
True. I figure I could actually get away with it because I already dress pretty boyish. I guess the main problem is that the reason I feel a need to start crossdressing is because I've been having gender issues.... and that's what my parents would flip out about/disown me for.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #63671
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
True. I figure I could actually get away with it because I already dress pretty boyish. I guess the main problem is that the reason I feel a need to start crossdressing is because I've been having gender issues.... and that's what my parents would flip out about/disown me for.
I am not trying to presume what you may identify as, or will in the future, but this links to good resources for young people and could be worth looking into if you feel unable to speak with your family.

This blog is run with support for people who identify outside of what may be considered 'typical' and the woman who runs it is currently in a relationship with a man who is Female-to-Male transgendered (which I am not claiming you are, or will be). If you ask to speak with her and her boyfriend they may be able to find you some resources and advice on exploring what your feeling.

Also, you might have heard or been told that 'dressing like a boy' means your gay or that you want to be a boy. That isn't true. Simply dressing in clothing that is typically considered 'male' or 'female' does not make you gay, transgender, or anything else like that. If you are in a comfortable place with a doctor you feel open to speak with, you may want to discuss this with them as well. A good doctor can help you come to understand what it is your feeling and how your looking to express that, as well as giving you a place to discuss these feelings and changes with someone you trust since your family is very clearly not a supportive resource for you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #63672
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
I am not trying to presume what you may identify as, or will in the future, but this links to good resources for young people and could be worth looking into if you feel unable to speak with your family.

This blog is run with support for people who identify outside of what may be considered 'typical' and the woman who runs it is currently in a relationship with a man who is Female-to-Male transgendered (which I am not claiming you are, or will be). If you ask to speak with her and her boyfriend they may be able to find you some resources and advice on exploring what your feeling.

Also, you might have heard or been told that 'dressing like a boy' means your gay or that you want to be a boy. That isn't true. Simply dressing in clothing that is typically considered 'male' or 'female' does not make you gay, transgender, or anything else like that. If you are in a comfortable place with a doctor you feel open to speak with, you may want to discuss this with them as well. A good doctor can help you come to understand what it is your feeling and how your looking to express that, as well as giving you a place to discuss these feelings and changes with someone you trust since your family is very clearly not a supportive resource for you.
Thank you for these resources, I will definitely look into them. I've been feeling confused for several years now, and it wasn't until a few months ago that I finally came to terms with both my sexually and gender. Just to clarify, the label I find I identify with most would be bigender, as I don't feel I'm in the wrong body, per se, but I don't always identify with the female gender, and in crossdressing I want to be able to express the "other me", or rather, the masculine me, outside of just crossplaying. For a long time I struggled, wondering if I was homosexual or transgender, but neither of those really seemed right in describing how I felt.

Thank you again for both of these resources, I will look into both of them. With the exception of my best friend, I am alone in support on this sort of topic. I was raised in a Christian, closed-minded household. To my parents, there is straight, gay, male, and female, and that's it. Anything else is deemed a phase or a mental illness in their minds, which is why I can't talk to them about it. I'm already being treated for depression-- my mom would likely claim it's a phase or just a side effect of sorts.

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #63673
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am sorry you don't have many supportive resources..that's a very tough place to be in and certainly not fun at all. I do suggest that blog as a place for nothing but positivity in all it's forms. Many of the people who speak on there have struggled with mental health, and identify differently than 'boy' and 'girl'.

Unfortunately I don't really know of many other resources that don't specify in specifically with homosexual or transgender individuals. But you could always send that blog an 'ask' and see if anyone knows of some resources for you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #63674
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
I am sorry you don't have many supportive resources..that's a very tough place to be in and certainly not fun at all. I do suggest that blog as a place for nothing but positivity in all it's forms. Many of the people who speak on there have struggled with mental health, and identify differently than 'boy' and 'girl'.

Unfortunately I don't really know of many other resources that don't specify in specifically with homosexual or transgender individuals. But you could always send that blog an 'ask' and see if anyone knows of some resources for you.
I really love this blog. Being someone of my size, self-love does not come easily, at all. It wasn't until just a few months ago that I could even feel somewhat okay with my body, and the mental health issues I've been having haven't helped. This is a really great blog. ^_^

"Depression is not selfish. Anxiety is not rude. Schizophrenia is not wrong. Mental illness isnít self-centered, any more than a broken leg or the flu is self-centered. If your mental illness makes you feel guilty, review the definition of ďillnessĒ and try to treat yourself with the same respect and concern you would show to a cancer patient or a person with pneumonia. "

I needed this. <3

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #63675
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Fish - I'm sorry you're in that situation.

Are you seeing a therapist for your depression? If you are and you feel comfortable you can always talk to them. They usually don't tell your parents what you talk about unless you're in danger of hurting yourself or another person.
The might be able to help you sort out anything you're confused about.

And you know we're here if you need to vent.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote