Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3858 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #63751
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator
 
MaiSheri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Just curious, is PAX East always held in March in Boston, or does it move around/change dates? I've heard it's fantastic, and is definitely something I'd love to check out in the future!
CHris can confirm this, but AFAIK, it's always been in Boston but has changed dates a few times (last year it was in April, other years it's been in March)
__________________
Conventions for 2014! KW Tri-Con, Con-G, Nerd Fest, Ad-Astra, Costume Con, Anime North, Colossal Con
Cosplay Blog and full Gallery: MaiSheriCostumes.com
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #63752
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Not that I mind the food porn, but I also feel like the books are kind of going nowhere? He has all these characters and storylines, and as quickly as he kills one character off he throws another one in there that we're supposed to keep track of, but at this point it feels like the plot has gotten away from him and he's unable to connect the threads cohesively or bring it to a reasonable conclusion.



Oh man. I'm having Lemongrab feels real bad.
I'll take you word for it. I gave up halfway through the 1st book. But it sounds about right/

It is ACCEPTABLE to have Lemongrab feels. Carrie is knee deep in Marcus Lee feels right now, even though he's voiced by ol' Butt Soup Barnes. I'm just upset that the chances of him breaking character and rapping "Bonfire" are probably pretty low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Just curious, is PAX East always held in March in Boston, or does it move around/change dates? I've heard it's fantastic, and is definitely something I'd love to check out in the future!
Yes, although I could of sworn it was in April one year. I could be wrong. It's usually in March though.

And yes it is, and yes you should. All the cool kids are going/have gone. Me. FlutterMai. The Hag once. Kil-bot.


As The Hag, remind me- did you go past yeat 1, or just the first year? Because the current space is much better than the original/AB space.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #63753
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Yes, although I could of sworn it was in April one year. I could be wrong. It's usually in March though.

And yes it is, and yes you should. All the cool kids are going/have gone. Me. FlutterMai. The Hag once. Kil-bot.


As The Hag, remind me- did you go past yeat 1, or just the first year? Because the current space is much better than the original/AB space.
It was the first week of April last year. Year before was around March 12. First year was March, er, 20th or so?

Ironically enough, the last two years I have been in New York on the weekend of PAX. :/ Last year I did go on Friday morning. Got there early, took me AGES to get in - much longer than the first year. Not complaining, things moved and I chatted with friendly peeps. Seaport is way better than the Pru but there are still a crap ton of people. Also waited a long time to get in for AssCreed trailer. By and large, I'm really only interested in the Expo floor and since I didn't have much time, I didn't bother seeing what else was going on. I have a weekend pass this year, but unless From Software has a panel talking about Dark Souls 2, I doubt that I'll do anything other than hang around the main floor.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #63754
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
PAX is definitely a one day thing. Just not possible this year. I'm hoping next year.
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #63755
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
This is, according to IMDB, the official press photo for the man who voices Lemongrab:



Seems about right.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #63756
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
It was the first week of April last year. Year before was around March 12. First year was March, er, 20th or so?

Ironically enough, the last two years I have been in New York on the weekend of PAX. :/ Last year I did go on Friday morning. Got there early, took me AGES to get in - much longer than the first year. Not complaining, things moved and I chatted with friendly peeps. Seaport is way better than the Pru but there are still a crap ton of people. Also waited a long time to get in for AssCreed trailer. By and large, I'm really only interested in the Expo floor and since I didn't have much time, I didn't bother seeing what else was going on. I have a weekend pass this year, but unless From Software has a panel talking about Dark Souls 2, I doubt that I'll do anything other than hang around the main floor.
I've never had a problem getting a badge since year 1 b/c I've always gotten up to BAWSTON day 0 around 1/2ish. Plenty of time to get checked in, grab my badge w/ no line and scout out the area. This year Carrie's selling in the Expo center w/ Foambrain games, so I'll get to go in there a day early and dry hump everything. I am excited.

And keep in mine, while 60,000 is certainly a lot, I'm used to 110,000+ at the Javitis w/NYCC, which is a shithole compared to the Pru in terms of layout.

See if there's a Woman and Gaming panel BTW. There was one last year or the year before, and man, if you ever want to hear why Yuna/Bayonetta/Chell are the trifecta of good female characters, that's the panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
PAX is definitely a one day thing. Just not possible this year. I'm hoping next year.
If ppl REALLY want to go to PAX next year, let me know in advance. I'll on a dozen mailing lists, and usually know when badges and rooms become avail. If you want a guaranteed badge/good hotel room, you need to jump on it the minute they become avail.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #63757
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
See if there's a Woman and Gaming panel BTW. There was one last year or the year before, and man, if you ever want to hear why Yuna/Bayonetta/Chell are the trifecta of good female characters, that's the panel.
I went to the Women and Gaming panel the first year and it was so depressing that I wanted to slit my throat.

Also, I had my badge. Got it in the mail. Still had to wait in a long ass line. And again - I'm not complaining. It's a great con and I would advise anyone with an interest in games to go. But "not crowded" isn't a selling point that I'd use. Just sayin'.

Last edited by The Hag : 01-29-2013 at 03:55 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #63758
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,082
Re:PAX, thanks guys! Reason I asked was to see if I'd be there in Boston for college-y things when they host PAX, since it'd be really close. Hopefully I'll be there in 2014!
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • Suzuha Amane (Steins;Gate): 25% (Wig Work) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #63759
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I went to the Women and Gaming panel the first year and it was so depressing that I wanted to slit my throat.

Also, I had my badge. Got it in the mail. Still had to wait in a long ass line. And again - I'm not complaining. It's a great con and I would advise anyone with an interest in games to go. But "not crowded" isn't a selling point that I'd use. Just sayin'.
I think I went to like 2 panels year one. The Pru was a mess and that was arguably the worst PAX of the bunch for me. Still had a blast, but the upgrade to the Seaport was needed/apreciated.


Also, you're misquoting me. :P I said not super-crowded like NYCC & SDCC. Which it's not, comparatively speaking . Does it sell out every year, yes and there are lines for events, and demos and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Re:PAX, thanks guys! Reason I asked was to see if I'd be there in Boston for college-y things when they host PAX, since it'd be really close. Hopefully I'll be there in 2014!
Best of luck. Lord knows I'll be back for 2014.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #63760
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,174
Where the bloody fuck is spring?
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #63761
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Yuna/Bayonetta/Chell are the trifecta of good female characters
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #63762
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Yeah I know, Yuna was a bit of a stretch, but they made some valid points, despite FFX-2's existence/Nomura's terrible character design. Bayonetta and Chell made for better argument, but man, did they go hard on Nintendo. Rightfully so. Other M was terrible in terms of what it did to Samus.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #63763
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict
 
PrincessKaori87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Where the bloody fuck is spring?
It's here in Houston.
__________________
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "to talk of many things. Of ships, and shoes, and ceiling wax. Of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings."

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #63764
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,092
The best female video game character ever is Shepard.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #63765
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Where the bloody fuck is spring?

At least a month away.

Tomorrow is going to be in the fifties here. I don't like it...
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
SakuraxTsubasa
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.