Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 794 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #63901
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Florida man. World's worst super hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #63902
Lithium Flower
Handphones

That last one escalated quickly.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #63903
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's getting cold again. I can practically feel the temperature dropping in my house.

Gf and I slept with the window open last night, woke up this morning to a damp blanket. (The bed is right next to the window. It wasn't our best plan)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #63904
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Ok, yeah. That's all pretty lame. Anti-intellectualism is basically a reverence for idiocy, and ain't nobody got time for that.
Not having lived outside the US in the last 15 years, I don't know if other Western countries are seeing the same thing. It's been going on for a while here. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I would say Dawn of the Dead is the superior film. Made 10 years later in full colour, better looking zombies, better gore, better acting too I would say.
Without a doubt. But - totally playing the age card here - Night of the Living Dead was a revelation when it first came out. It's the Citizen Kane of horror movies.

Quote:
Talking about over analysis of media, I do kind of get annoyed when people on Tumblr go into really deep, sometimes over blown analysis of an actor's performance in a certain piece. Sometimes because a film like Pirates of the Rabelaisian (I don't even know what that is but I can't spell carabean and that was Chrome's suggestion ) doesn't really deserve that level of intellectualism, and also because really more of the credit should be going to the screenwriter or the director!
The Saint and I have had in depth discussions about kung fu movies and Harold and Kumar. I think that kind of thing is good fun, as long as you aren't taking yourself too seriously. Oh wait. You're talking about Tumblr. Nevermind!

Quote:
Learning about screenwriting at uni is interesting because they're such an under appreciated part of the film making process.
Screenwriting must be an odd thing. I mean, even with a crap script, a movie can still be visually interesting and an actor can still give a good performance. When the script is particularly good - I don't even really notice. But I always notice if it is bad. :/

Quote:
Also something interesting, talking earlier about Activision's using 'convicted war criminals' in the writing of their CoD games. Not only that but the licensing of real world guns in games funds arms dealers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-manufacturers

Food for thought.
Interesting. A couple of red flags did pop up for me. But it's clear that the game companies really really don't want to discuss it. That's pretty telling right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I decided to wear a skirt today, too. Thankfully I haven't flashed anyone yet, but I'm wearing tights, and stocking-crotch is like the least attractive thing to see on anyone anywhere.
I can think of plenty of less attractive things, but I'll refrain from enumerating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I don't want to get all OMG SHEEPLE, but I do believe that some people try to discourage independent thought in other people because it makes you harder to control.
I think that's part of it. But also, people like to claim that they've got everything figured out. Or if not everything, then at least a good chunk of it. If someone else questions their basic assumptions then they have to come up with good arguments to defend it and maybe they don't have any. If they are convinced that they have the right answers, then they can just pass that "knowledge" on to you. There's nothing else you need to think about. IDK, man. The best teachers I had told me that they didn't have all the answers and the most important thing to learn was now to think for yourself. And I went to pretty crappy schools.

Quote:
Dude. I lol'd. Actually it was more of a snort.

Last edited by The Hag : 01-31-2013 at 12:40 PM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #63905
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Note to self: Caesar salads with croutons do not save well overnight.

Keep dressing separate.

#did not think this through.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #63906
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Stupid cold front is coming through again, it's currently in the high 50s and is suppose to be in the 50s-60s for the next week or so. :/ It was in the 80s earlier this week, I miss it already. My poor feeties are so cold.

I am happy to announce that my son is finally potty trained, all thanks to bribery (candy and toys)! Now he just needs to learn how to aim properly, He apparently just whips his pecker out and pees in the general area of the toilet lol.
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #63907
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Have I mentioned I love working at Old navy yet? I finally could afford a pair of their proper denim and dayum, I am SO HAPPY with how they fit. Skinny jeans that aren't strangling my legs, too long or big enough in the butt/legs but falling off my waist (proportion-wise I have a size ten waist, but my hips are wide, my butt's fairly big and my thighs are very curvy, so they fit into an 11/12 most of the time. AND I'm short. So buying pants is terrible, especially skinny jeans, since they're generally made to barely come past your hips and for people with extremely straight legs. AKA, not me at all.). Evidently the size ten Sweetheart cut with short leg is the size for me- the right waist size but made to fit my curvy-as-all-hell bottom half AND just the right hem length. This is literally the first pair of jeans I have EVER owned that I don't need to hem.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #63908
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Have I mentioned I love working at Old navy yet? I finally could afford a pair of their proper denim and dayum, I am SO HAPPY with how they fit. Skinny jeans that aren't strangling my legs, too long or big enough in the butt/legs but falling off my waist (proportion-wise I have a size ten waist, but my hips are wide, my butt's fairly big and my thighs are very curvy, so they fit into an 11/12 most of the time. AND I'm short. So buying pants is terrible, especially skinny jeans, since they're generally made to barely come past your hips and for people with extremely straight legs. AKA, not me at all.). Evidently the size ten Sweetheart cut with short leg is the size for me- the right waist size but made to fit my curvy-as-all-hell bottom half AND just the right hem length. This is literally the first pair of jeans I have EVER owned that I don't need to hem.
I own those pants in a 14 (probably could have gone with a 12, since when they're worn for a few hours the waist is super loose and I need a belt, but whatevs) and I love them. I practically live in them. All my other jeans can go die in a fire. My collection of pants will become lounge pants and Sweetheart cut skinny jeans.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #63909
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

I gave up on finding the right size/fit pants for me.. So now I wear leggings/jeggings all the time, plus ya know they make my ass look nice.
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #63910
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm thinking the same thing for fire-death to my pants. I have one pair of "Brazil" skinny jeans from Stitches that are super-stretchy, so great, but another pair from Stitches that's "London" and holy CRAP, TIGHT. And my third pair is a weird one (size NINE, and it's HUGE in the waist on me but snug in the legs. Yeah. I don't get it). And none of them fit as nicely as the new Sweetheart pair.
Oooh, I got a shirt too for a mere two bucks on clearance! I actually risked electric yellow on myself. And it said Tokyo on the front. Had to at least try it and it looked surprisingly good.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #63911
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I wear size "14 Husky" carpenter style jeans from the boys section at Sears. Or JCPennys. I forget which. I've been wearing the same two pairs for probably 8 years now, I think. One of them has 11 pockets~

If I ever need to buy more jeans in the future, I'm so out of the loop it'll probably be a nightmare. .-.

My future mother in law tried to get me into a pair of skinny jeans over the summer and her attempts were not met with much success at all.

In other news, I went back and tried to look through my enormous Tumblr backlog and hooray the site actually functions properly now~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #63912
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I don't like skinny jeans. I have a pair of leggings that I current worship on cold days because I wear them with a skirt and boots and they're warmer than tights.

But I don't like jeans, I'd rather wear a skirt.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #63913
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Also something interesting, talking earlier about Activision's using 'convicted war criminals' in the writing of their CoD games. Not only that but the licensing of real world guns in games funds arms dealers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-manufacturers

Food for thought.
SMFH.

The Codemasters response is definetly one of the best worst video game PR responses I've read to date. Also SEGA and Sony made games with realistic/licensed guns? Huh.

EDIT: Durp, Uncharted for Sony most likely. Unless Resistance was based on some World War stories that Sony's only heard.

Quote:

He's the hero Florida deserves. And in a sick twist, wants.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 01-31-2013 at 01:53 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #63914
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBunnyGirl View Post
Stupid cold front is coming through again, it's currently in the high 50s and is suppose to be in the 50s-60s for the next week or so. :/ It was in the 80s earlier this week, I miss it already. My poor feeties are so cold.

I am happy to announce that my son is finally potty trained, all thanks to bribery (candy and toys)! Now he just needs to learn how to aim properly, He apparently just whips his pecker out and pees in the general area of the toilet lol.
In the case of my daughter, it was "Oh look. We're out of pull ups. Ok, baby girl, let's go sit on the toilet." And that was that.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #63915
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

ON Rockstar jeggings are my favorite. I'll have to try a pair of the Sweethearts. I have basically sworn off anything but slim-cut jeans and leggings with which to sheath my sexy legs.

OMG SECRETARY I OPENING IN SCHOOL OF ED. SECRETARY I OPENING IN SCHOOL OF ED. I'M APPLYING NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. Ooooh I doubt I will get that job but it would be good in a lot of ways so FINGERS CROSSED.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote