Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3824 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #64126
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
So. Warm Bodies is the holy grail of cinema from this day forward. That is all.
Lol, I just saw that today. Pretty sure I don't hold it in as high as a regard as you do, but I liked it enough.
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #64127
Lithium Flower
Handphones

hhnnggg that's nasty man.

I've been finding a lot of cool stock pictures on dA that I wanted to try replicating the best I could. So I did another sketch, this time of Zelda from Skyward Sword;

I like the idea of her being more physically active instead of more passive. so. yeah.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #64128
Khorrupt

So, I'm randomly finding these t-shirts around my room. Just plain colour t-shirts with nothing on them. They're too big to be my sister's, too small to be my mom's, surely too small to be my dad's, and I've asked my friends if there's a chance that they left a plain yellow or plain white t-shirt at my house, and they've all said no, so...

Kid Flash and Blue Beetle t-shirt time.
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #64129
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Crap. Didn't get my too-good-to-be-true housing option for college after all. Nothing wrong with a student house, but I need to find one that isn't "No overnight guests allowed whatsoever" (or if so, just not with a particularly attentive landlord/lady). Yannow, I'm 23, I've been with my boyfriend for five years and counting, and it's two hours from his place to Toronto PLUS a subway ride if he wants to visit me on a weekend, and I wouldn't have the money to go to his house every single time, PLUS there's a few cons in Toronto during the school year in which being able to stay a night free is the difference between being able to go or not... I'm not some drunken 19-year-old party girl who would abuse a "guests allowed" policy. If I had the money I'd get a proper apartment while in school so I wouldn't have to deal with any extra rules or housemates, but that's not happening.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 02-03-2013 at 10:58 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #64130
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mirakuru View Post
Thanks everyone for compliments on my hair~

Alas, I have a pretty grody picture today. I burned my forearm pretty frickin bad while tending to my wood stove.

For those who are sensitive to these sorts of things, don't click the link.

This was taken about a minute after it happened, at the current moment it's all red and pussy and i can see my dermis ok.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75998985_o.jpg

oh how I suffer.
OUCH!
I recently got a job working in my school's cafeteria's dish room, and on the first day I burned myself with the 180 degree water hose.

Every time I use that, I find myself thinking that it's the perfect temperature water for straightening wigs.

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #64131
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Crap. Didn't get my too-good-to-be-true housing option for college after all. Nothing wrong with a student house, but I need to find one that isn't "No overnight guests allowed whatsoever" (or if so, just not with a particularly attentive landlord/lady). Yannow, I'm 23, I've been with my boyfriend for five years and counting, and it's two hours from his place to Toronto PLUS a subway ride if he wants to visit me on a weekend, and I wouldn't have the money to go to his house every single time, PLUS there's a few cons in Toronto during the school year in which being able to stay a night free is the difference between being able to go or not... I'm not some drunken 19-year-old party girl who would abuse a "guests allowed" policy. If I had the money I'd get a proper apartment while in school so I wouldn't have to deal with any extra rules or housemates, but that's not happening.
That sounds pretty harsh (back when I was in uni, you could have guests in halls for up to 2 nights as long as you filled in a form).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #64132
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Lol, I just saw that today. Pretty sure I don't hold it in as high as a regard as you do, but I liked it enough.
I saw it on Friday. It was worth seeing much, but it wasn't "Zombieland". I'm also tired of the whole "ELECTRONICS MAKE US ZOMBIES, LOL" gag. Just because it worked in Seaun of the Dead doesn't mean it would work again.

I also rented Resident Evil Extinction, which I can honestly say was not the worst movie I've seen in the last year. Sup Silent Hill.

The Super Bowl certainly happend, and thank god for the party I went to being so good, as the game was crap until halftime. And then the 30 minute power outtage. But at least...um.....the Rock in commericals?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #64133
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Insane College Stuff.
Emmers - tell he to complain the registrar. There isn't much he can do now, but they should know how poorly represented the class was. And if someone told him that, like an advisor, the registrar needs to know that that person may need more training. Because that's insane.
I know at my school there are 3 kinds of web based - 100% 75% and 50%.

Essentially, 100% is totally online, you never go near the school for that class. 75% is you take the tests in a classroom, 50% is you meet like 3 or 4 times and take tests in class, seperate from the class meetings.
I hope his boss gives him the day off so he can relax.

I watched most of the Super Bowl. It was boring but my friend who was hosting made tacos and kielbasa. So that was nice. And we played glee karaoke and mario kart.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #64134
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Warm Bodies is zombies, it is instantly off my radar.

You know that ASMR thing I mentioned a little while back? I guess it turns out that those videos are more popular than I think and that people with insomnia use them to go to sleep since it can be relaxing. I tried it when I got home from work yesterday, I slept for 13 hours. (put video on, can barely hear it, etc.)

More testing will be needed.

Edit - oh yeah thanks for that link Luna, I read it all, very entertaining, a few of my friends enjoyed it too.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #64135
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Emmers - tell he to complain the registrar. There isn't much he can do now, but they should know how poorly represented the class was. And if someone told him that, like an advisor, the registrar needs to know that that person may need more training. Because that's insane.
I know at my school there are 3 kinds of web based - 100% 75% and 50%.

Essentially, 100% is totally online, you never go near the school for that class. 75% is you take the tests in a classroom, 50% is you meet like 3 or 4 times and take tests in class, seperate from the class meetings.
I hope his boss gives him the day off so he can relax.

I watched most of the Super Bowl. It was boring but my friend who was hosting made tacos and kielbasa. So that was nice. And we played glee karaoke and mario kart.
I'll tell him to speak with the school about it, because I am sure he's not the only student who was mislead.

His counselors have been no help to him the entire time he's been going. He's been going on and off for around ten years now- having taken a couple years off and going only part time during some years. Another reason it's taken him so long to graduate is because his counselors never straight up tell him what classes he needs to finish.

I am not exaggerating.

You can see the information for what classes are available to you online, but it wont tell you what is required and what is optional. So he's gone to the counselors to ask specifically what he needs to graduate and they all tell him just general studies courses and direct him to look online...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #64136
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
The CHris Army demands to know which Mario Kart!

Also the food at my friend's SB party was legit- Chilli, Ribs, Wings, Salads, various snacks and beers and my wife's meatcakes in ground beef and cheddar or pears and brie variants!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #64137
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Arc- I loved that site, and the girl who does it is same who wrote Bizenghast, which I was obsessed with for a while.

Emmers- it sounds like his school really needs to get their act together. Hopefully if enough people complain it'll change.

Anarchris- for the wii and then the original one, on the wii but it was still awesome.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #64138
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Arc- I loved that site, and the girl who does it is same who wrote Bizenghast, which I was obsessed with for a while.

Emmers- it sounds like his school really needs to get their act together. Hopefully if enough people complain it'll change.

Anarchris- for the wii and then the original one, on the wii but it was still awesome.
FACT: Marty, the girl who wrote/created Bizenghast was at the party I was at last night.

As for choice in Karting, you went with the OG one, so good on you. THE CHRIS ARMY APPROVES!

Unread 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #64139
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
That sounds pretty harsh (back when I was in uni, you could have guests in halls for up to 2 nights as long as you filled in a form).
That is the case if I stay in a residence hall, but it's cheaper and I've got more kitchen access (a diet of cafeteria food for eight months? No.) If I live in an off-campus shared house. I dunno how it works in the UK for living away from home during post-secondary school, but usually the student can either live in the school residence halls (usually getting a bedroom, small bathrom and sometimes a kitchenette, and , which may or may not be shared with another student), or off-campus in a house rented and shared by several students (usually four per house. Bedroom's your own but the rest of it's shared). If you're really rolling in dough a private apartment, but I've met a grand total of one student who had that kind of money. And Toronto rent is really steep.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #64140
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
FACT: Marty, the girl who wrote/created Bizenghast was at the party I was at last night.

As for choice in Karting, you went with the OG one, so good on you. THE CHRIS ARMY APPROVES!
I have an addiction to Mario Kart. I own it for the NES, SNES, N64, wii and 3DS. I can't play the NES version because I no longer have my NES. (Not too happy about that either)

And the fact that you know her makes you 3x more cool, just so you know.
My Cat's Tumblr