Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 690 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #64801
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
The Hag, please do not be a person who starts off internet-sentences with "Uh". It makes you sound like a douchenozzle, and you're not. I ask because I care.
You're not the boss of me.

I had no idea that "uh" was an Internet thing. And I don't care! The Internet is not the boss of me either!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #64802
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
it drives me insane
Is that incentive?
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #64803
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Brando's parents are coming over tonight.

-lolnopressuretobenormalandsociallikearealgrownup-
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #64804
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:

Sybren would have lost points on the EU power ranking, but he prepped himself by stating he's down with CHUDS first. Well played SyBRO.

Also Euro-bros, how would you describe the CHUD situation over there? NYC, CHUD ground zero, still has some running around in secret hobo-train tunnels. Also running the MTA, AMIRITE NEW YORKERS?!?
There is nary a whisper of a CHUD in our green and pleasant land. CHUD-phobia is the main reason I've never been to New York. Although that being said, it is somewhat of a false phobia (a fauxbia, if you will) because doctors maintain that all sentient beings fear the CHUD equally. It's just science.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #64805
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

My school's web page is down. I guess that means no theater appreciation homework for me. It's not due until Monday, I just wanted to get my first reply posted. Oh well.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #64806
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I turned on Animal Cops: Huston just as two of the female 'cops' where approaching a back yard gate and found one of the puppies was so horrifically injured that her skull was exposed.

Apparently this home was where a woman lived with 5-7 dogs and was being told repeatedly by them that she needed to take better care of the dogs because they weren't being fed properly. This episode was showing them going to follow up with her, the woman not being home, and them finding this emaciated puppy that had basically been scalped by one of the larger dogs and left to suffer and starve in the back yard.

I just don't understand people sometimes. I really don't.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #64807
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I can't watch Animal Cops. I changed the channel at the speed of light after too cute was over.
Not only does it upset me, but when the dogs on it whine and whimper my Bichon gets very anxious and starts whining at the TV.

I also can't watch ASPCA commercials.

I need to repaint my nails, but EVERYTIME I go to do it I get asked to do something else.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #64808
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I can't watch Animal Cops. I changed the channel at the speed of light after too cute was over.
Not only does it upset me, but when the dogs on it whine and whimper my Bichon gets very anxious and starts whining at the TV.

I also can't watch ASPCA commercials.

I need to repaint my nails, but EVERYTIME I go to do it I get asked to do something else.
When I was younger I watched almost exclusively these Animal Planet shows and I was very determined that I was going to be a vet or work in some kind of field helping animals. For many years when I was young these kind of shows really made me want to do something to help animals so I have a healthy respect for the people who go out and help these animals. It's really hard to watch sometimes but I think it's worth it to see the animals get new lives with a good family.

I'd still like to do something in some way with my artwork that would help animals. But I just don't know what that would be right now. Maybe in the future I'll learn a new way to contribute in some way to helping shelter pets and neglected animals through artwork because it's something I'd really enjoy being part of.

The ones with footage of abused/neglected animals with phrases like; "Why did they hurt me?" across the slides? Because I die a little each time I see one of those and can't watch them either.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #64809
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Yes! They make me cry. I'd take them all home if I could!

I think that's a good idea, maybe have drawing of anime animal characters (or even Pokemon) and charge a bit more and donate a percentage to a local shelter, at least to start off with. Every little bit helps, and as time goes on you could expand a bit
Or, offer to design a posted for free for a local shelter's food or adoption drive. You're a great artist, I bet you could make a great eye catching drawing.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #64810
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Yes! They make me cry. I'd take them all home if I could!

I think that's a good idea, maybe have drawing of anime animal characters (or even Pokemon) and charge a bit more and donate a percentage to a local shelter, at least to start off with. Every little bit helps, and as time goes on you could expand a bit
Or, offer to design a posted for free for a local shelter's food or adoption drive. You're a great artist, I bet you could make a great eye catching drawing.
I can't take the one where a country singer is singing "In the arms of an anngeeeell" with slowed down footage of horribly neglected animals playing.

Thank you Luna! I really appreciate that.

I think I'd like to possibly try making a short comic about an shelter volunteer. I'd like the text in the comic to be quotes from people who are or have been volunteers so it's honest and to the point about what happens at the shelter.

Not long ago someone posted on tumblr their experience as a shelter manager and discussed openly and honestly about how bad it really is for the animals at shelters, so for the comic I'd like to have something that open and honest to go along with scenes of the shelter and animals. Parts would be sad but I would end it with several of the animals being adopted and discussing ways that other's can contribute to their local shelters and where they can adopt from.

I do really like your idea for making posters too. I could draw some up and offer them to the shelter we got Jiji from. Something that features different new pet owners with various new pets and maybe a different one specifically for donating food to the shelter.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #64811
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
It involves eggs right? The moment eggs are involved in anything I'd rather just make eggs. (boiled, poached, scrambled, fried, I just fucking love eggs.)
I agree with this so much. I will joyously eat eggs all three meals and I suck at making pancakes. Usually I just have toaster waffles.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #64812
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
You're not the boss of me.

I had no idea that "uh" was an Internet thing. And I don't care! The Internet is not the boss of me either!
This is why I can't have nice thing. Also this sounded like a Red Sox Nation post more than a The Hag post. UNACCEPTABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Is that incentive?
Depends on your stance. Also the fact that you'll most likely have to deal with the reprecussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
There is nary a whisper of a CHUD in our green and pleasant land. CHUD-phobia is the main reason I've never been to New York. Although that being said, it is somewhat of a false phobia (a fauxbia, if you will) because doctors maintain that all sentient beings fear the CHUD equally. It's just science.

I imagine Torchwood and or MI:13 keeps the CHUD problem under wraps over there.. I applaud their efforts.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #64813
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I still have dreams about working at Tower Records
I still have dreams about shopping at Tower Records.

Quote:
The Hag, please do not be a person who starts off internet-sentences with "Uh". It makes you sound like a douchenozzle, and you're not. I ask because I care, and when it's not done intentionally/ironically (punches self in junk), it drives me insane, as it's a HUGE peeve of mine.

EDIT: Sarah McLachlan is a country singer oh ha ha ha it is to laugh.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #64814
Lithium Flower
Handphones

IS THAT WHO IT IS!?

Brando's insurance went up for the 4th time in two years. It started off at around $120 and is now over $200.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #64815
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
IS THAT WHO IT IS!?
IT IS. YOUTHS! I WAS MAD BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET TICKETS TO LILITH FAIR WHEN YOU WERE STILL IN UNDEROOS.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote