Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3186 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #64921
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I don't like Dr. Pepper.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #64922
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Brando's parents gave us a house warming gift last night. A mini deep fryer.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #64923
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I have raisin oatmeal. It is yummy.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #64924
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

My grandpa's seen a consultant about a biopsy he had on his liver (he discovered a lump on it last month). Apparently the results are inconclusive...

I need a drink.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #64925
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I ate too much comfort food, and now I need more comfort food because I feel guilty for eating jumkfood all the time.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #64926
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I'm definitely a SyBleed shipper.

As far as mac n' cheese goes, this is bizarre but I prefer Annie's or Stouffer's to most homemade kinds. And Panera's mac and cheese is the food of the gods. I have made my own once or twice, but getting the consistency of the sauce right can be tough. It tends to get stringy or curdled. I also like butternut squash in mac n' cheese.

Kraft dinner can backflip straight off the planet, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Hag, be like my life coach or something?
She could probably make fat stacks of cash if she actually wanted to be a professional life coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
WE'RE ONLY MAKING PLANS FOR RYAN
WE ONLY WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR HI-IM
AND IF YOUNG RYAN SAYS HE'S HAPPY
HE MUST BE HAPPY
HE MUST BE HAPPY
HE MUST BE HAPPY IN HIS WOOORK
You're my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Psh, I wouldn't give them periods at all, I'd figure out a better way to handle it.

EVOLUTION.
I think we should just go into heat like cats. HOW FUNNY WOULD THAT BE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I do that too. And if there's a movie or TV show I know I'm never going to watch but everyone is talking about "ooooh big plot twist!" I just go read about it on Wikipedia.
Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
LOL No. That would be funny though. I should have clarified. She ate the rice not realizing I had put the cauliflower in it.
I put purees or tiny diced veggies in stuff all the time, and so far the kid is really good about eating things that way. Then again, I do that for my own food, too; it's helped me get a lot more veggies into my diet. Last night I made black bean and spinach quesadillas for the two of us and Little Dude ate his whole portion, going "num num num" at me whenever he took a piece.

Not so long ago I wouldn't touch spinach with a 10-foot pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I'm not sure why (Bisect or PD could probably explain though), but Dr. Pepper + not traditional Dr. Pepper foodstuff usually equals tasty. We marinated a steak awhile back in a can of Dr. Pepper and it was great. The wife also used Dr. Pepper before in either a cake mix or frosting mix for said cake, which also came out great.
Everyone knows of my deep and abiding love for Dr. Pepper, so I may be biased when I say this, but it does work well in many foods. Possibly because of the ingredients, whatever those mysterious 23 flavors are, or the acidity, or the carbonation, or some combination thereof. It's AWESOME on a ham with brown sugar (Coke is good, too). Since there's a high acidity content, most sodas are probably great at marinating meat since the citric acid tenderizes it and the sugars help boost the caramelizing process. Here's a fun fact: if you take a can of soda (diet or regular) and a box of cake mix, you've got a cake.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #64927
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
I ate too much comfort food, and now I need more comfort food because I feel guilty for eating jumkfood all the time.
Bit of a vicious cycle there, huh?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #64928
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Cherry Dr.Pepper is fantastic. Just putting that out there.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #64929
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Quote:
Bit of a vicious cycle there, huh?
Tell me about it. I will contemplate this mess while eating chocolate covered pretzels.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #64930
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Penny: I don't think heat sounds fun...
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #64931
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I was drinking a lot of regular and cherry last year, since pop is the only way I drink caffiene (tea doesn't wake me up and I'm strongly opposed to coffee). Been trying to cut pop from my diet recently though (for the good of my teeth and general health) with a decent success rate. Gone from 1 almost every day to 4 glasses/cans/bottles in the whole month of January.
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #64932
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I put purees or tiny diced veggies in stuff all the time, and so far the kid is really good about eating things that way. Then again, I do that for my own food, too; it's helped me get a lot more veggies into my diet. Last night I made black bean and spinach quesadillas for the two of us and Little Dude ate his whole portion, going "num num num" at me whenever he took a piece.

Not so long ago I wouldn't touch spinach with a 10-foot pole.
She didn't used to be a picky eater until pretty recently. I guess I'm gonna have to start doing the hide-the-veggies-in-like-colored-foods trick more often if she keeps refusing to eat them. Maybe next time we have cauliflower, I'll blend it up and mix it in the mashed potatoes.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #64933
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I was drinking a lot of regular and cherry last year, since pop is the only way I drink caffiene (tea doesn't wake me up and I'm strongly opposed to coffee). Been trying to cut pop from my diet recently though (for the good of my teeth and general health) with a decent success rate. Gone from 1 almost every day to 4 glasses/cans/bottles in the whole month of January.
I have a weird reaction to pop. I spent around 8 years of my youth not drinking any water and drinking almost exclusively pop. I still enjoy drinking it but less so now as an adult. The problem I have is, is that if I go a day without drinking pop I experience crippling headaches that are just debilitating. Apparently it could be classified as a caffeine withdrawal.

It's not as bad as it used to be when I was a kid but it's something I should try to get better hold of because it does make me really ill.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #64934
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
My grandpa's seen a consultant about a biopsy he had on his liver (he discovered a lump on it last month). Apparently the results are inconclusive...

I need a drink.
Sorry to her about it broseph, all the best to you and your Grandpa

Quote:
I think we should just go into heat like cats. HOW FUNNY WOULD THAT BE?
Before we acquired Pixel, the Lady GRONK! (her official title), I used to make cats in heat noises at Carrie for shits n giggles. I assure you, it was both hilarious and creepy. I'm also certain there's a tiny percentage of people out there who do that as well, but are dead serious about it.

Quote:
Everyone knows of my deep and abiding love for Dr. Pepper, so I may be biased when I say this, but it does work well in many foods. Possibly because of the ingredients, whatever those mysterious 23 flavors are, or the acidity, or the carbonation, or some combination thereof. It's AWESOME on a ham with brown sugar (Coke is good, too). Since there's a high acidity content, most sodas are probably great at marinating meat since the citric acid tenderizes it and the sugars help boost the caramelizing process. Here's a fun fact: if you take a can of soda (diet or regular) and a box of cake mix, you've got a cake.
Which is why I referred to you as one of my chief Dr. Pepperologists. Look at PD drop that knowledge. It's solid knowledge, LOFTY knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Agreed. I prefer the OG Dr. Pepper out of all the versions, but I have no issues with the Cherry.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #64935
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Penny: I don't think heat sounds fun...
When I had unspayed female cats I used to laugh and laugh and laugh at them rubbing themselves all over everything and yowling. If we lived in a world where we didn't have to worry about the negative consequences of that behavior, I would TOTALLY advocate for women going into heat rather than menstruating, because it would be funny as shit.

Quote:
She didn't used to be a picky eater until pretty recently. I guess I'm gonna have to start doing the hide-the-veggies-in-like-colored-foods trick more often if she keeps refusing to eat them. Maybe next time we have cauliflower, I'll blend it up and mix it in the mashed potatoes.
Our guy is still a pretty good eater, but he's only 18 months. I'm prepared to deal with the consequences if circumstances change, but right now he eats a HUGE variety of foods with every sign of enjoyment; then again, I use a lot of seasoning and sauces, which masks some of that really vegetal taste. The cruciferous stuff like cauliflower and broccoli is usually tough because those are very strong flavors; he doesn't care for green beans or onions, either, but will eat most other veggies and all fruits.

Quote:
I'm also certain there's a tiny percentage of people out there who do that as well, but are dead serious about it.
Some of them are probably even on this site.

Quote:
Which is why I referred to you as one of my chief Dr. Pepperologists. Look at PD drop that knowledge. It's solid knowledge, LOFTY knowledge.
PD spelled backwards is DP, just sayin'.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote