Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3998 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #64966
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

No chocolate or soda or greasy food til Con-G next weekend. Boo. I both need to not break out (and since it'll be a few days before my period comes I'll be at a big risk for it already), and I need to avoid putting any weight on (lost would be far preferred but I can't realistically pare off more than two or three more pounds in nine days. The costume looks fine now but the leggings and torso are still snug). So I'm stuck with a tasteless lunch of fruit and fat free yogurt. :P
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #64967
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
When I had unspayed female cats I used to laugh and laugh and laugh at them rubbing themselves all over everything and yowling. If we lived in a world where we didn't have to worry about the negative consequences of that behavior, I would TOTALLY advocate for women going into heat rather than menstruating, because it would be funny as shit.
Consider the spike in Nice Guy complaints about such behavior and it gets sobering real fast.

Are we still picking on Sakura? OSAMA BIN LADEN! IT'S LIKE BEING BORN IN 1938 AND NOT KNOWING WHO HITLER WAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #64968
Lithium Flower
Handphones

When my first cat, Princess, first went into heat my mom ran outside thinking a child was lost and crying "Momma". The sound of her yowling mimicked a child's cries so well it was really scary.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #64969
sam vimes
A real live wire

I know this is verboten to say on the internet, but dogs > cats.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #64970
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Consider the spike in Nice Guy complaints about such behavior and it gets sobering real fast.
Yeah, which is why I said "in a perfect world" (or whatever approximation thereof) and not in the world we actually live in, where a man might construe a strange woman rubbing herself bodily against him, excreting fluids and wailing loudly, as a come-on.

So our babysitter just texted me a picture of my son sitting at the kids' table in her living room, eating lunch and drinking out of his sippy cup (he almost never drinks at her house for some reason), and he looked so big in the chair with his sneakers and his plate in front of him that I started crying.

Frickin' hormones.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #64971
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I've come to realize that I despise all my clothes. Ugh.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #64972
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Has Europe not yet imported the "Bro" culture from the US yet? This is a legit question, as we sent Rob Gronkowski over there last year, I thought it would have spread from shore to shore by now?!
I'm pretty sure you're talking about college's 'Lad' culture and I'd find it hilarious if it was something you dudes had taken from Britain.

Last edited by Kildread : 02-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #64973
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
I know this is verboten to say on the internet, but dogs > cats.
I say depends on the specific animal, I know plenty of good cats and shitty dogs and good dogs and shitty cats, it all depends on the animals disposition and your preference
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #64974
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am pretty indifferent to the 'dogs vs cats' debate. I see them as being such different animals that I can't compare them.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #64975
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
So our babysitter just texted me a picture of my son sitting at the kids' table in her living room, eating lunch and drinking out of his sippy cup (he almost never drinks at her house for some reason), and he looked so big in the chair with his sneakers and his plate in front of him that I started crying.
Send me the pic? (And yeah, he was being really good at drinking out of his sippy cup this afternoon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
You best not be talking smack about your Batman shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I'm pretty sure you're talking about college's 'Lad' culture and I'd find it hilarious if it was something you dudes had taken from Britain.
Fairly certain that they came into being in tandem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
I say depends on the specific animal, I know plenty of good cats and shitty dogs and good dogs and shitty cats, it all depends on the animals disposition and your preference
I know, I was just (gasp!) generalizing.

Quote:
Quote:
Especishillly you sam.
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #64976
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I am pretty indifferent to the 'dogs vs cats' debate. I see them as being such different animals that I can't compare them.
It's like trying to compare people to barnacles
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #64977
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My batman shirt is kinda ruined and old now. I don't think I've worn it all year.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #64978
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I go through this approximately every six months. And still somehow I have more clothes than I know what to do with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I'm pretty sure you're talking about 'Lad' culture and I'd find it hilarious if it was something you dudes had taken from Britain.
I know lad culture is basically synonymous with bro culture, and probably originated a little earlier than what we think of as bro culture in the U.S, but the idea that American bros would acknowledge any debt to their Brit counterparts is laughable. Pretty sure our bros have nothing but uncomplimentary things to say about lads, including the fact that they're referred to as "lads".

Quote:
Despite our current situation, I tend to favor the companionship of dogs to that of cats. I agree it varies depending on the animal, but overall I find having a dog in my life more satisfying. I admit I miss my dogs more than I miss any of my cats, including Gorky.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #64979
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Despite our current situation, I tend to favor the companionship of dogs to that of cats. I agree it varies depending on the animal, but overall I find having a dog in my life more satisfying. I admit I miss my dogs more than I miss any of my cats, including Gorky.
To be fair, dogs tend to be more affectionate overall as a species whilst overall cats are more loner type. I can understand missing that happy bouncey love all over of a dog attitude/energy in the house
Unread 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #64980
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
To be fair, dogs tend to be more affectionate overall as a species whilst overall cats are more loner type. I can understand missing that happy bouncey love all over of a dog attitude/energy in the house
Yeah. It's not to say I don't love any of my cats, I do very much, but it's just a different sort of relationship than I have with my dogs. Sort of like the relationship I have with my best friends versus the relationship I have with my son; they're both valuable, enriching, and something I wouldn't trade for anything, but I can't really compare how I feel about my friends to how I feel about my little boy.