Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 802 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #65041
OtakuSpark
TO THE MOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraCosplayHai View Post
Kyary's concert was so awesome
FORGET YOU. TT.TT
I'm not even jealous.

Anyways,
Happy Valentines Day, coscom~
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #65042
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
apart from getting mugged yesterday, Kyary's concert was so awesome, so much energy from her *o*
can't wait to see her live again ^^
Shit you got mugged? What happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #65043
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Speaking of laundry... (Luna, thank you for reminding me...) I forgot to switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer last night so I'm rewashing them right now.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #65044
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I just checked my checking account and I was wondering why there's only $62.82 in there. T_T Then I remembered we recently went grocery shopping and the grocery bill was $140. *sigh* My dad owes me money though so it's all good.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #65045
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Right after Jiji's pimple heals he bumps his lip again ~__~

I think Jiji is just such an excited kitty that he's prone to hurting himself and not caring so he just keeps going and going. His lip doesn't seem to be bothering him or preventing him from eating so I'll just keep an eye on him again.

Kitty you gotta calm down once in a while.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #65046
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Why does everyone wait until I'm showering to call me? Does a signal appear in the sky?

I get out of the shower and I have 6(!) voicemails. 6. 1 from my mom, saying she's bringing me a coffee (she's forgiven, she started it with "you're probably in the shower but...", 1 from my Nana asking if my aunt was home (she lives next door. And I have no idea. I can't see her car from my shower.) 2 from my pharamcy saying my refill had to be ordered and will be in tomorrow (I know. That's why I call them in a few days before I run out). 1 from my cousin asking me how to hem a tunic. And 1 from someone speaking Spanish.

I was in the shower 15 minutes.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #65047
Lithium Flower
Handphones

QUICK. LUNA'S IN THE SHOWER. ACTIVATE THE BAT SIGNAL.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #65048
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
I am STILL sewing. I have left over mountain dew and two 5-hour energy shots, and season 8 of House to get me through the next 16ish hours.
I totally feel ya. Last summer I was so tired during my cosplay crunch time that I legitimately was falling asleep WHILE embroidering.
But you can do it! I believe in you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
I think you'll be okay with the leotard-- I just don't think they want, say, wrongly sized string bikinis? (Given the weather at that con, I don't know why the heck you'd wear that costume there...)

Also, you and I should figure out when the heck we're gonna rock the SAO cosplays. Because I'm getting way excited to make mine!
Dude I hate those too. I remember on my way out of AX last year there was this girl on the floor posing promiscuously in front of a whole ROW of photographers wearing just a bikini and a wig. She wasn't even that attractive imo........

And yess!!! I found my wire while cleaning (12 gauge, used it on my faerie for Halloween last year) and decided last week that I want to make something over the summer involving wings, so it'll be a good trial before making Asuna. Or maybe Asuna will be a good trial before Sakura. XDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
A lot of people were bitching about this on their twitters/bookfaces last night while I was failing to right a proper article (writer's block is the worst yo). It's super grimey that they dropped this knowledge literally 2 days before the con, but I'm wondering what the cause is. I imagine it's partially due to pressure from the Gaylord, which usually houses some sort of Christian/Right-wing function during Katsucon weekend.

It sucks, but my advice is just stop going to Katsucon while it's at the Gaylord. It's not like the con has gotten any better over the years, and MAGFEST is at the same venue and still manages to be cheaper/a better show.
The fact that they say that 2 days before the con bothers me as well, but since I am not going and have never actually been, it doesn't bother me too much. But it does totally SUCK for those who are going.
I had heard from people that it's probably the non-congoers that are complaining, and that Katsu might get kicked from the Gaylord if it ends up being more of a hindrance than an opportunity to make money.
I had also not known about that other function going on. Which might have had something to do with it, but still, why not more than two days' notice?

The only reason I want to go to Katsucon is because it's at the Gaylord and it's pretty much known to have a ton of amazing cosplays and cosplayers, plus WCS prelims are held there.
So for the past few years my dream has been to make a bunch of pretty cosplays and have photoshoots in a gorgeous place.

Edit: Whaaaaaattt. So apparently the gazebo level at Katsu is going to be off-limits for the weekend. Not that this effects me in any way, but.....man, that sucks for all the attendees. I hope to God that it won't be next year, because I have BIG plans. :|

Visit my Facebook page!

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 02-14-2013 at 02:46 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #65049
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Brando and I are going out for sushi tonight.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO MY BELLY.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #65050
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Shit you got mugged? What happened?
It was a sold out concert so it was very packed, and I did get pushed a bit...I think somebody must have taken it off my person while I was excited in the moment, and I didn't realised anything.... I wsn't allowed to take my bag inside as well cause of my camera.

they took about £25 which was upsetting as I wasn't able to by merch afterwards, but I've kinda let it go now ^^" I enjoyed the concert and thats all that matters ^^

I really hope it doesn't snow again like yesterday...it was a nice change for it to be sunny for once!
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #65051
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

My dog brought a dead bird into the house. I'm definitely scarred for life, might need therapy, and there's a good chance I may throw up. Oh God, why did this have to happen??? I'm not good with these kinds of things!!!!
Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)- planning stages
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #65052
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
It was a sold out concert so it was very packed, and I did get pushed a bit...I think somebody must have taken it off my person while I was excited in the moment, and I didn't realised anything.... I wsn't allowed to take my bag inside as well cause of my camera.

they took about £25 which was upsetting as I wasn't able to by merch afterwards, but I've kinda let it go now ^^" I enjoyed the concert and thats all that matters ^^
I'm really sorry your stuff got taken (I lost a $300 camera at a concert once), but when you said you were mugged, I thought you were actually mugged. You just got pickpocketed. Still bad, but lacking the violent, confrontational connotation of a mugging.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #65053
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
The fact that they say that 2 days before the con bothers me as well, but since I am not going and have never actually been, it doesn't bother me too much. But it does totally SUCK for those who are going.
I had heard from people that it's probably the non-congoers that are complaining, and that Katsu might get kicked from the Gaylord if it ends up being more of a hindrance than an opportunity to make money.
I had also not known about that other function going on. Which might have had something to do with it, but still, why not more than two days' notice?

The only reason I want to go to Katsucon is because it's at the Gaylord and it's pretty much known to have a ton of amazing cosplays and cosplayers, plus WCS prelims are held there.
So for the past few years my dream has been to make a bunch of pretty cosplays and have photoshoots in a gorgeous place.

Edit: Whaaaaaattt. So apparently the gazebo level at Katsu is going to be off-limits for the weekend. Not that this effects me in any way, but.....man, that sucks for all the attendees. I hope to God that it won't be next year, because I have BIG plans. :|
Confirmed for bullshit. Check the subforum.

The locale is nice, and yeah, there's some solid cosplay to be had and seen, but it's going to be mad crowded. And the WCS get is less impressive because the WCS has been kicked out/banned from every other major con, and it's not even hosting the WCS US finals anymore.

TBH, I'm suprised that Katsu is still at the Gaylord, but I imagine is also has something to do with the fact that whoever negioates the deals w/said hotel is bad at their job. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Magfest room rates are cheaper, as are the badges, and it's a smaller con that takes up a similiar amount of space at the same hotel. Why Katsucon rooms/badges costs more, especially when it's farther away from the holiday season, is beyong me.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #65054
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Confirmed for bullshit. Check the subforum.

The locale is nice, and yeah, there's some solid cosplay to be had and seen, but it's going to be mad crowded. And the WCS get is less impressive because the WCS has been kicked out/banned from every other major con, and it's not even hosting the WCS US finals anymore.

TBH, I'm suprised that Katsu is still at the Gaylord, but I imagine is also has something to do with the fact that whoever negioates the deals w/said hotel is bad at their job. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Magfest room rates are cheaper, as are the badges, and it's a smaller con that takes up a similiar amount of space at the same hotel. Why Katsucon rooms/badges costs more, especially when it's farther away from the holiday season, is beyong me.
I dunno, I see that people have called, but apparently the security staff have said otherwise, according to a person on facebook that's actually there right now.
Ackson L has also gotten a nice clear wide angle shot already, but that just means that there's no one there right now.

I don't know. I'm still sticking by my cosplay opinions because that's really the only reason I go to cons. And to wander around/shop. But more cosplay than anything.
Magfest also doesn't appeal to me since I'm not a gamer.
Katsucon is probably more expensive because it's well-known.

From Twitter: "The dress code is mainly the result of PG County and the Marriott. We lobbied a lot for you guys."
Huh. Well. Still, that whole two days before thing...

Visit my Facebook page!

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 02-14-2013 at 03:41 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #65055
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I made Valentine's cupcakes. My brother bought me the oil I needed. I mixed in some chopped strawberries.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook