Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2860 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #65761
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I've only seen Ms. Hunger Games in X-Men: 1st Class, and according to my friend Sean, she's his girlfriend, she just forgets that from time. But I liked her in X-mans, so I have no beef with her. She seems nice.
That's all I've seen too (HG and X-M:FC), though I do want to see Silver Linings (not Winter's Bone though - too depressing). But she has a knack for showing how stupid the whole Hollywood reporting scene is without ever being nasty or snotty about it. Plus she always talking about doing shots and peeing. I mean, I know her public persona may have very little to do with how she actually is, but she comes off as being really unpretentious about her sudden fame.

Quote:
I have no problem admitting I liked pre-cancelled Family Guy and there are a few bits that still make me laugh. Early American Dad was ROUGH, but then a new writing team took over at like season 3 or 4 and it became watchable and at times hilarious without being "HEY REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME". It's definetly not for everyone, but I dig it....but it's no "Bob's Burgers", which I'm a firm believer is the best thing on FOX right now.
Come to think of it, I've only seen late FG and early AD which may be why I think both of them suck.

Quote:
Related, here's "We Saw Your Junk", a "response" to BEWB song.
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/02/...g-a-sex-change
Yeah, seen it! XD And, really, the boob song is worth a look. His delivery is great and the Kate Winslet bit is amusing. But he lost me at The Accused and Boys Don't Cry.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #65762
tictictok

(About meat packaging )My brother does that all the time =_= If I don't package it properly, it never happens.

Check out my plushies tag if you'd like ∩( ・ω・)∩

Upcoming Con- Otakon (GOING AW YE)

Cosplays
-----
Dahlia Gillespie
Mami Tomoe
Twerk Team!Anthy
tictictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #65763
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
That's all I've seen too (HG and X-M:FC), though I do want to see Silver Linings (not Winter's Bone though - too depressing). But she has a knack for showing how stupid the whole Hollywood reporting scene is without ever being nasty or snotty about it. Plus she always talking about doing shots and peeing. I mean, I know her public persona may have very little to do with how she actually is, but she comes off as being really unpretentious about her sudden fame.
Carrie really liked the Hunger Games, so I'll assume it's a good movie. I'll wait for it to become available via streaming. But I agree, she comes off delightful in interviews and what not, and her publich persona is very much more in-sync with people like the delightful Tina Fey, than say Ke-dollar sign-ha.

Quote:
Come to think of it, I've only seen late FG and early AD which may be why I think both of them suck.

Yeah, seen it! XD And, really, the boob song is worth a look. His delivery is great and the Kate Winslet bit is amusing. But he lost me at The Accused and Boys Don't Cry.
Ooh, then it explains your stance. Not the best showcase of his talents. If you're geniunely interested on watching some of the better stuff, I can recommend which seasons to watch, but if you don't have Hulu or Netflix instant at your disposal, no biggie.

I think my favorite response to the McFarlane-hosting thing was something tweeted like 10 minutes ago. Paraphrasing, because it took like 4 tweets to set up, but the punchline was:
"I understand people being upset at McFaralne, but yo, how is Hollywood not at fault as well? THEY HAD AN EVENING CELEBRATING RAPE-ENTHUASIST JAMES BOND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD".

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #65764
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Carrie really liked the Hunger Games, so I'll assume it's a good movie.
I thought that it was an excellent adaptation of a decent book and was therefore decently excellent. Or excellently decent. Except the costumes sucked. Which was disappointing, as they are kind of a big deal in the story.

Quote:
I think my favorite response to the McFarlane-hosting thing was something tweeted like 10 minutes ago. Paraphrasing, because it took like 4 tweets to set up, but the punchline was:
"I understand people being upset at McFaralne, but yo, how is Hollywood not at fault as well? THEY HAD AN EVENING CELEBRATING RAPE-ENTHUASIST JAMES BOND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD".
Well, I basically feel like, "It's Seth MacFarlane. What did you expect? Dry wit and highbrow references?"
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #65765
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

I would expect nothing less from Seth MacFarland. The heads of the Committee should know that if they hire a man like that, they get what he's famous for.

And Thank you, KAZbear, for the nice compliment. Ray was my audio tech. It helps to have the ADR director of "Macross Plus" on your side. ^_^

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile

Last edited by Michi : 03-17-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: merging a double post
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #65766
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My bacon burger is amazing. Just so ya'll know.

-flex-
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #65767
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Interesting fact I learnt today, Kimberly Peirce, the Director of Boys Don't Cry, is directing the new Carrie remake staring Chloe Mortez and Jodie Foster.

Huh. Right click, move from 'low expectations' to 'might actually be worth something'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #65768
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I thought that it was an excellent adaptation of a decent book and was therefore decently excellent. Or excellently decent. Except the costumes sucked. Which was disappointing, as they are kind of a big deal in the story.

Well, I basically feel like, "It's Seth MacFarlane. What did you expect? Dry wit and highbrow references?"
Jezebel would have your head for stating something like that so simply. Y DO U HATE WOMYN THE HAG?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicserendipity View Post
I would expect nothing less from Seth MacFarland. The heads of the Committee should know that if they hire a man like that, they get what he's famous for.
The heads of the Committe are probably a bunch of white dudes over the age of 50 and probably thought he was the best, although not being as good as Billy Crystal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Interesting fact I learnt today, Kimberly Peirce, the Director of Boys Don't Cry, is directing the new Carrie remake staring Chloe Mortez and Jodie Foster.

Huh. Right click, move from 'low expectations' to 'might actually be worth something'.
Considering my wife is named Carrie, I am not allowed to even THINK of seeing that movie, let along seeing it. Long, obvious story as to why she would hate it.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 02-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #65769
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

The weather is godawful herre and I have a ton of errands to run, which involve the ever inconvenient bus. Yuck. (But on the plus side, I won six bucks on a scratch card! And it's Roll Up The Rim season, so I may get something there too once I finish my cappuccino.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #65770
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post

Interesting. My sister and her friend used to quote the original ad nauseum.

Quote:
Jezebel would have you're head for stating something so simply.
Well, people are entitled to rant. If my job were to write internet articles, I could unpack the boob song in the context of sexism and Hollywood's self-satisfied hypocrisy as well as enumerate all the various ways that the song could have been done so that it was actually a satire and not just LOL-boobs. Or - more relevantly - how it could have been LOL-boobs without being quite so sexist or gross. But luckily for both of us, that is not my job.

Quote:
The heads of the Committe are probably a bunch of white dudes over the age of 50 and probably thought he was the best, although not being as good as Billy Crystal.
It should also be said - MacFarlane did not put on that show by himself. It was the work of an entire team of writers as well as producers and directors. But everyone always hates the show and bashes the host. Whatever. I didn't watch it. I'm disappointed that the boob song wasn't better.

Last edited by The Hag : 02-27-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #65771
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
My bacon burger is amazing. Just so ya'll know.

-flex-
Prove it to me emmers.... PROVE IT
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #65772
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Since getting Jiji I've talked with Brandon about what happened with the first cat I owned, Princess. Who was also a black cat and incredibly similar in appearance to Jiji. I understand that for people who aren't pet owners, or specifically cat owners, telling the difference between two cat's that are same breed and color might seem impossible. But I grew up with Princess from the age of around 5 to around 15, I could confidently say I knew her apart from any other cat.

While talking with him I realized that to this day I still feel absolutely horrible and found myself getting visibly upset. She died under very poor circumstances and even though I felt at the time she died I was fine and it wouldn't bother me I am finding myself frequently feeling an intense loss that I did feel at the time. So the other day I made a little cat tag with her name on it and I felt strangely better.

And I am aware that for most people feeling mournful over a cat is nonsense.

It seems like around that time in my childhood I had a lot of unresolved deaths that just never where events I could properly deal with and handle. Being able to talk with Brandon about it makes it feel easier and it wasn't until I had him that I understood what I was really lacking at the time wasn't exactly a way to mourn but someone to support me during that time.

@ShelbyMcShelbpants: If you wanna check my poo your welcome to it..
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #65773
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

NO I WANTA BURGER JGVJFCCLJUVGGL EMMERS!

harumph
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #65774
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I'm getting a burger this weekend, come hell or high water. NO ONE CAN STOP ME.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #65775
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Grocery shopping tomorrow.

I'm going to purchase as many rolled oats as I can afford and spend the weekend making/eating flapjacks.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote