Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3081 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #66481
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

My wallet got stolen. I'm having a really hard time cooping. >.< I had something more valuable than money in it, and it can't be replaced.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #66482
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

My great-grandma died this morning! ;-; She was like over 80 and born in 1929.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokťmon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #66483
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Awww, Lux, you have my sympathy.

One of my grandmothers passed last summer, and now I'm down to one grandparent. Every now and then I have to fight the urge to imagine them as Highlanders and that *THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!*

In "I just feel like a huge nerd" news, I have a friend that's in the SCA (larping, essentially) that has finally convinced me that it's a good idea to come to some stuff. He's been trying to get me to for the last two years, ha ha. With my new urge to get my sew on, I thought it would be fun to make some outfits like that so my boyfriend and I can go be dorks.

I'mma be a viking!
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #66484
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Are you drunk?
At the time of writing that, no. It was sarcasm, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
people like food that actually TASTES like food,not the fucking hippie shit made of nothing but tofu, vegetables and granola (granola cereal is fucking GROSS. It doesn't soak in any milk, sticks to my teeth, and I may as well just eat dry granola with a glass of milk).
I love granola cereal. I'm vegetarian/almost vegan so you know, lots of vegetables. And fried tofu is great.

I know you don't like but you're opinion is not law, and neither is that hippie.

For the record I tried fruit loops in NY and thought they were gross, food is something where everyone has a different opinion. It's near impossible to meet anyone with the same tastes but people still think they can say what is right and what is wrong to eat. I think so long as the food is ethically farmed (no batteries hens, not endangered, farmers paid a decent wage for milk ect) and it's healthy, as in will not cause cancer or kill you buy eating a not excessive amount, then people really shouldn't tell you what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
That's hilarious! I just love his vocal delivery, it's so forced. It feels more like an Adult Swim sketch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
The problem with homemade pizza is that the cheese is too expensive. I might as well just buy an oven baked one (which I always run out of when I actually want one).
My dad and I used to make our pizzas and they were great. But yeah the good mozzarella is expensive and I don't like using the weird slimy mozzarella balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Well, his brother is on his way into town for the weekend sort of (the brother is going snow boarding but he'll be staying with us).

The figma has been brought up before at least twice int he past year and the related topic. Nothing really comes from the conversation aside from something along the lines of how the figma sucks and how we're not married.

Not that I want to get married anytime soon though the real slap in the face recently has been news of our friend getting engaged and to be married on the down low to his girlfriend of less than a year in May.

Honestly it kind of tears me up because I feel like I'm not good enough or amazing as everyone else see's their so's. I don't he's ever even called me pretty or beautiful - I think he makes fun of my weight more...
Sounds like a keeper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Fievel died.

The other day I noticed him laying in the corner like he normally does but today it looked like he was still curled up and I realized he'd died.

I feel horrible.
Oh Emmers, I'm so sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #66485
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Aww, poor mousey. He was so cute, too.
Thank you too :hug:
Quote:
Shortly after my 18th birthday, I adopted a puppy. First pet I had ever picked out and named by myself. His name was Raleigh and he absolutely adored me; when I would go to work he would walk around and fret until he fell asleep with his little nose buried in one of my shoes. Within ten days he was dead of renal failure. So...at least you had more time with the mouse?
That's horrible and would have completely destroyed me. Not that Fievel dieing hasn't hurt m, but it's something I handle a lot easier then the death of a close a cat or dog. As much as I love having rodents as pets and love them dearly it's easier for me to become deeply attached with larger more outwardly affectionate animals.

I am sorry that you had such a tough experience, it sure sounds like Raleigh loved you to pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Sorry Emmers. That sounds similar to how I discovered my hamster died. She apparently died while sleeping in her house.
Thank you as well Shana. It was just a very jarring thing to discover last night. He was just curled up in the fluff behind his house and when I glanced in the cage I knew immediately eh was dead and it startled me so badly I shrieked and scared Brandon half to death. I just couldn't talk and started crying while pointing at the cage while Brandon came running over looking panicked then realized what happened.

The last mouse I had died in my hands. She was sick and old and I found her shivering in her cage so I held her in my hands and pet her until she went limp. That to me felt easier to handle, however devastating, because I knew she'd lived a long life full of treats and sitting on my shoulder while I sat reading. I was aware she was going to die soon and prepared for it. With Fievel he was just dead already when I found him and it felt like I'd just walked by his dead body all day without realizing it or being there to comfort him.

He was a good little guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
My wallet got stolen. I'm having a really hard time cooping. >.< I had something more valuable than money in it, and it can't be replaced.
I hope you can retrieve it. Good luck.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #66486
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I used to make pointless threads, I stopped caring after a while.

Also, I guess Archeleon dissapeared.
I saw Arche briefly at a con last month. BARELY got to talk to him, but he lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
It's nothing crazy. Just this outfit. Minunus the gloves and the holes in the knees of the pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I was looking through my closet and discovered I have almost all the items for a closet cosplay for X-Men:Evolution Rogue. Everything but one key item. Her gloves.
Rogue is clearly more important than cleaning Sugah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
He's an asshole. The way it sounds, his behavior only makes you feel bad about yourself --- and that's neither good or fulfilling in a relationship.
^ This. It's perfectly fine to not be as big into anniversaries as you significant other, but verbal abuse does not make for a good relationshiop

Quote:
Shortly after my 18th birthday, I adopted a puppy. First pet I had ever picked out and named by myself. His name was Raleigh and he absolutely adored me; when I would go to work he would walk around and fret until he fell asleep with his little nose buried in one of my shoes. Within ten days he was dead of renal failure. So...at least you had more time with the mouse?

;_________________________________;

I'm going to spent all evening hugging my cat now.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #66487
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

It's still snowing.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #66488
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
At the time of writing that, no. It was sarcasm, so yeah.
Are you drunk now?

Quote:
I love granola cereal. I'm vegetarian/almost vegan so you know, lots of vegetables. And fried tofu is great.

For the record I tried fruit loops in NY and thought they were gross,
I love vegetables and tofu. I make my own granola and it is delicious!

I let my kids have Fruit Loops and other sugared cereal - for dessert.

Quote:
My dad and I used to make our pizzas and they were great. But yeah the good mozzarella is expensive and I don't like using the weird slimy mozzarella balls.
My homemade pizza is o.k. but not as good as my favorite take-out brands.

Do you mean fresh mozzarella? I love fresh mozzarella!

Quote:
Fievel died.
I'm so sorry Emmers. Losing a pet is so hard. Mice just don't have a very long life span.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #66489
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I am not vegetarian, I just love food. I like tofu and vegetables.

I like granola and my favorite cereal is honey bunches of oats (it was cookie crisp growing up).

Haven't tried making pizza from scratch but I like Little Caesars for cheap take out pizza. Bites and Brews, which is a bar, has some awesome pizza though. They're about $6 during happy hour for 2 toppings. I always get white crust with white sauce and pepperoni and pineapples.

My thoughts to Lux and Emmers.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #66490
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I wasn't allowed to have sugary cereal when I was a kid. Once in a great while my mom would buy a box of Cap'n Crunch. We'd eat it dry while playing Mario.

Now I really don't care for most super sweet cereals, though I have to agree with Shinobi - granola cereal is like eating birdseed. I like granola in my yogurt.
When I first started at Target everyone thought I was a vegetarian because I'd always get the frozen dinners that had no meat or salads. I just don't like frozen dinner meat. But one night they asked me to stay till close so I asked my mom to drop me off dinner, and she brought me a turkey sub. Everyone was shocked.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #66491
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Thank you Hag. It's sort of the 'name of the game' when you're a small pet lover. You know your time with them is short but it never feels any easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
I am not vegetarian, I just love food. I like tofu and vegetables.

I like granola and my favorite cereal is honey bunches of oats (it was cookie crisp growing up).

Haven't tried making pizza from scratch but I like Little Caesars for cheap take out pizza. Bites and Brews, which is a bar, has some awesome pizza though. They're about $6 during happy hour for 2 toppings. I always get white crust with white sauce and pepperoni and pineapples.

My thoughts to Lux and Emmers.
And my thanks to you as well.

I am not big on tofu. I've tried to cook it various ways but it never comes out particularly tasty. I think it's pretty good is miso soup, but that's probably because it soaks up all the soup flavor. e

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I wasn't allowed to have sugary cereal when I was a kid. Once in a great while my mom would buy a box of Cap'n Crunch. We'd eat it dry while playing Mario.

Now I really don't care for most super sweet cereals, though I have to agree with Shinobi - granola cereal is like eating birdseed. I like granola in my yogurt.
When I first started at Target everyone thought I was a vegetarian because I'd always get the frozen dinners that had no meat or salads. I just don't like frozen dinner meat. But one night they asked me to stay till close so I asked my mom to drop me off dinner, and she brought me a turkey sub. Everyone was shocked.
I loved sugary cereal as a kid but I hardly ever eat it now. I like honey nut cheerios and the cinnamon apple ones. My mom likes mini-wheat's but one time I poured myself a bowl and it turned out bug larva had gotten into the box and I almost didn't notice them because they where the same color as the wheat chunks and when I realized what it was I flipped out and haven't eaten them since.

Microwaved meat things are not usually the best in the world so I feel you on that one. Almost all my meals involve meat in some way that I feel almost like it wasn't a proper meal if there wasn't meat somewhere in it And here's SV to make a 'meat' joke.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #66492
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Thank you Hag. It's sort of the 'name of the game' when you're a small pet lover. You know your time with them is short but it never feels any easier.

And my thanks to you as well.

I am not big on tofu. I've tried to cook it various ways but it never comes out particularly tasty. I think it's pretty good is miso soup, but that's probably because it soaks up all the soup flavor.
Might also be different tofu. I usually get fresh tofu from the Asian supermarkets.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #66493
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
T
I loved sugary cereal as a kid but I hardly ever eat it now. I like honey nut cheerios and the cinnamon apple ones. My mom likes mini-wheat's but one time I poured myself a bowl and it turned out bug larva had gotten into the box and I almost didn't notice them because they where the same color as the wheat chunks and when I realized what it was I flipped out and haven't eaten them since.
EWWWWWW. One time I had weevils in my cupboards.... so they got into almost all of our crackers, cereal, bread, pancake mix and macaroni. Yuck. And we usually discovered it AFTER pouring it out to use. We ended up having to scrub out the cupboards and put new shelf liners down, and keep all our grain products in plastic or glass for several weeks til they died off. Also, one time a LIVE bug (really really really tiny, though, like, speck size) crawled out of my boyfriend's dinner when he was eating at my house. We had no idea what food item it had been in but we were grossed right out (we were having mashed potatoes, canned green beans, and those pre-made chicken kievs you get in boxes at the supermarket. Dad usually gets his cordon bleus and kievs fresh from a butcher though, nowadays).

Also, I ate all kinds of cereal as a kid. The household norm was honey bunches of oats or special K, and I loved Trix cereal back when they actually made it (I haven't seen a box of it here in Canada for years at least). I only got nesquik cereal (essentially the same as Count Chocula) at Christmas and easter, though, since THAT stuff really is pure sugar. I only stopped pouring sugar on my unsweetened cereals when I was almost in my teens, and that wasn't even through my own choice. I was in my school's free breakfast program and they never gave you any sugar for your cereal (which was never a sweetened kind) so I forcibly got used to not having sugary cheerios. I usually eat multigrain cheerios (which have some sugar glazing, actually, just enough for a sweeter taste than plain grain) or honey-nut cheerios nowadays. Dad's favourite is sugar crisp. BLECK. I always found that stuff gross.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 03-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #66494
Lithium Flower
Handphones

At least we can sleep well at night knowing this wasn't us:

I'd probably be super happy though and keep him as my pet. It was clearly an act of God that brought us together and the frog probably knows some kind of super power that I'll need to learn to rule the world.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #66495
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Poor little guy. One minute he's hopping around, doing frog things, the next he's in a bag of salad.
My Cat's Tumblr