Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3581 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #66901
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I am not quite sure what message you are trying to send to me but I am enthralled by his voice.
Always be closing. Duh.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #66902
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Since they're getting two seasons out of the events in Storm of Swords, I'm curious to see what they're going to choose as a stopping point for season 3.
I don't even remember what happens in which books.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #66903
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Since they're getting two seasons out of the events in Storm of Swords, I'm curious to see what they're going to choose as a stopping point for season 3.
Well, I already know That Event of Which We Do Not Speak is featured prominently. I don't know whether they'll culminate with that, though. I don't know why they wouldn't. I think Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons are the ones I haven't read.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #66904
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Always be closing. Duh.
How could I be so blind?



Some guy at work came in and asked Brando if he could 'smell this computer'.

Uh.

Wow.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #66905
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Well, I already know That Event of Which We Do Not Speak is featured prominently. I don't know whether they'll culminate with that, though. I don't know why they wouldn't. I think Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons are the ones I haven't read.
That's kind of what I was thinking but I remember it as happening not that far into the book? I'm probably wrong. I get them all confused and I've read the damn things twice. Except for Dances with Dragons because it kind of sucked. I don't care about the Dornish or the various Greyjoy uncles. Or any Greyjoys for that matter.

Also, have you guys heard about this?
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #66906
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks
 
fullbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking but I remember it as happening not that far into the book? I'm probably wrong. I get them all confused and I've read the damn things twice. Except for Dances with Dragons because it kind of sucked. I don't care about the Dornish or the various Greyjoy uncles. Or any Greyjoys for that matter.

Also, have you guys heard about this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I don't have any attraction to the featured men in coats, either.
Not even me?

To be fair some of those coats are ridiculously long, ankle length is just no. I curse David Tenant for giving people unrealistic expectations of both how long a coat should be and how many buttons is appropriate on a suit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag
I would have used my awesome space-time warping powers to reach through the internet and throttle your scrawny pole-dancing film-making neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #66907
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Not even me?
I totally consider you kind of a little brother and junk.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #66908
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks
 
fullbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I totally consider you kind of a little brother and junk.
Ahaha

Awww. You and Joe are kind of like the cool Ant and Uncle I always wanted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag
I would have used my awesome space-time warping powers to reach through the internet and throttle your scrawny pole-dancing film-making neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #66909
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
How are those augmentations working out, Adam?
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #66910
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Awww. You and Joe are kind of like the cool Ant and Uncle I always wanted.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #66911
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
XD

This is how my sister and sister-in-law refer to themselves:



This book is awesome, btw.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #66912
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking but I remember it as happening not that far into the book? I'm probably wrong. I get them all confused and I've read the damn things twice. Except for Dances with Dragons because it kind of sucked. I don't care about the Dornish or the various Greyjoy uncles. Or any Greyjoys for that matter.
The Event happened right around page 700, so yeah. You are indeed wrong, and moreso because Dornish women are kind of awesome. Dance With Dragons sucked copious amounts of balls though.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #66913
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
The Event happened right around page 700, so yeah. You are indeed wrong, and moreso because Dornish women are kind of awesome. Dance With Dragons sucked copious amounts of balls though.
Re: Dornish. I was thinking more of the dopey guys on the road trip to the East. The women are more interesting but

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
their plan goes bad so they end up looking kind of lame.
Mostly I get irritated when GRRM keeps introducing new characters that I don't care about instead of writing decent material for the ones I do.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #66914
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Oh look, everyone's talking about something I don't know.

__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #66915
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks
 
fullbleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Exceptional.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag
I would have used my awesome space-time warping powers to reach through the internet and throttle your scrawny pole-dancing film-making neck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
TheAnarCHris
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.