Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3823 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #67021
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabcakes View Post
I haven't heard anything from my commissioner in a while and I'm starting to worry. I've seen her online a few times but she hasn't responded to any of my messages in about a week or two. I mean, I haven't paid her yet so I'm not losing anything, but I wish I would at least get some sort of response. weeeh.

How long is generally too long to wait for a response? IDK I don't want to come off as rude or annoying by sending another message but I'd like to hear something about when to make the payment or something.
How long has it been since your last communication?

If someone is coming online briefly like that I tend to assume they're not in a position to sit down and have a lengthy chat. Sometimes people have their various online accounts synced with their mobile devices like I do so it will appear as if I am constantly online but I am not :P That said I am not saying she isn't capable of just blowing you off either.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #67022
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
Because it's like, all I hear is them telling everyone about the colours of their dress, or who they're going with, or how much money they spent/are going to spend getting their hair and nails and makeup done, without acknowledging that maybe not everyone in the room needs to know.
Just do what non prom goers have been doing for decades and secretly revel in the fact that for many of these people, going to prom will be the one high point in their shallow lives.*

*Note: this isn't actually true in 90% of cases. Most people you hate in high school for being popular or normal go on to lead successful lives and not only don't suffer in mediocrity for the rest of their lives, but likely lead happy and/or successful lives while probably not even remembering anybody whose life they made hell in highschool. But most people who don't go to prom may feel better about themselves if they believe that everybody who does will be losers eternally.

FWIW, I didn't go to prom, either, but it's ok benedict vandercootch understands me

*sobs into tacos*
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #67023
Ilafatyu
That guy

So I heard Thief was getting a reboot. I hope it's good. Until then, please excuse me, I'm off to replay a game I got a decade ago.
It will be such a pretty game, I bet...

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #67024
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
So I heard Thief was getting a reboot. I hope it's good. Until then, please excuse me, I'm off to replay a game I got a decade ago.
It will be such a pretty game, I bet...
Seriously? I need more info now! Do you have a link?

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #67025
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

My feet are aching and I'm tired and have a TON of homework still to do and it's ALL English.
It has not been a good day.
Seriously some of these girls (most of them actually) do not, in my opinion (let me restate: IN MY OPINION), deserve to be in corps. :|
They don't even try during warmup; they'll just be like "oh yeah nope can't do that" in a totally serious manner when our teacher tells us what a combination is. Just shut up.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #67026
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Seriously? I need more info now! Do you have a link?
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/thief.aspx

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #67027
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilafatyu View Post
Thank you kindly.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #67028
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Almost done with the woodburn coating! SOON SOON.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #67029
tictictok

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Just do what non prom goers have been doing for decades and secretly revel in the fact that for many of these people, going to prom will be the one high point in their shallow lives.*

*Note: this isn't actually true in 90% of cases. Most people you hate in high school for being popular or normal go on to lead successful lives and not only don't suffer in mediocrity for the rest of their lives, but likely lead happy and/or successful lives while probably not even remembering anybody whose life they made hell in highschool. But most people who don't go to prom may feel better about themselves if they believe that everybody who does will be losers eternally.

FWIW, I didn't go to prom, either, but it's ok benedict vandercootch understands me

*sobs into tacos*
I went to prom but I dressed up as a Snorlax and I made my own dress because I'm cool. :V

Check out my plushies tag if you'd like ∩( ・ω・)∩

Upcoming Con- Otakon (GOING AW YE)

Cosplays
-----
Dahlia Gillespie
Mami Tomoe
Twerk Team!Anthy
tictictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #67030
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Thank you kindly.
Heard about it a week or so back --- pretty hyped on it too. Eidos has been cranking out revival of several series yet and I haven't been disappointed so far.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #67031
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I went to prom 3 times. It was pretty fun in that I just went to hang out with my friends and dress up and have tasty food.

Chocolate fountain man, aweeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #67032
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I went to prom 3 times. It was pretty fun in that I just went to hang out with my friends and dress up and have tasty food.

Chocolate fountain man, aweeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I don't recall my prom having a section or food (I only went to my senior prom). I stayed away from the dance room/area as it was majorly packed and super smelly. I mainly just sat and watched karaoke >_>

Took a walk around the neighborhood today. Bought a couple of hand weights (3lbs) and a soft weighted ball (4lbs). Probably would've gotten heavier weights but I was walking and still had to go to the grocery store lol. Also picked up some rosewater facial toner. Still need to find a good moisturizer for my dry skin (I actually have combination skin but the winter season severely dries my skin out) :/ I might actually have to stop into Sephora.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #67033
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
I don't recall my prom having a section or food (I only went to my senior prom). I stayed away from the dance room/area as it was majorly packed and super smelly. I mainly just sat and watched karaoke >_>

Took a walk around the neighborhood today. Bought a couple of hand weights (3lbs) and a soft weighted ball (4lbs). Probably would've gotten heavier weights but I was walking and still had to go to the grocery store lol. Also picked up some rosewater facial toner. Still need to find a good moisturizer for my dry skin (I actually have combination skin but the winter season severely dries my skin out) :/ I might actually have to stop into Sephora.
We had a lot of swanky fancy pants food. Which is 90% why I went. The other %10 was getting to buy a pretty outfit :P

I used to use 10lbs weights but they didn't belong to us so when we moved they stayed with Brando's brother. Boo.

My skin is combo, oily on my forehead and nose and dry around my mouth and on my chin with some minor redness on my cheeks.I really love the Aveeno redness reducing calming moisturizer and Target usually has sales on it but normally it's around $15 so it's not really cheap :\ but if you where thinking of something from Sephora anyway it might be cheaper >>'
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #67034
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
We had a lot of swanky fancy pants food. Which is 90% why I went. The other %10 was getting to buy a pretty outfit :P

I used to use 10lbs weights but they didn't belong to us so when we moved they stayed with Brando's brother. Boo.

My skin is combo, oily on my forehead and nose and dry around my mouth and on my chin with some minor redness on my cheeks.I really love the Aveeno redness reducing calming moisturizer and Target usually has sales on it but normally it's around $15 so it's not really cheap :\ but if you where thinking of something from Sephora anyway it might be cheaper >>'

Right now I use the generic brand from Target of Aveeno's calming foam cleanser and a moisturizer from Ponds for dry skin. Too bad Biore mainly has skin/face washing products and nothing for dry skin...at least non that I saw while at Target. I might look into what Clinque has these days.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #67035
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have the 'off brand' version of the moisturizer right now and I actually find that it irritates my skin :| every other week there's a day or so where it burns on my skin and makes it worse. But I spent $10 on it and don't know what to do besides use it in moderation. Some folks with skin very similar to mine had warned that Clinque broke them out really badly and caused a lot of redness across the cheeks but I cannot remember specifically what product it was D: I just recall one thing in particular seemed to cause some really bad effects on my other combo-skin friends.

Skin product recommendations are always super tough, even for people with the 'same' skin (combo,oily,dry, whatever) it's never going to be exactly the same for everyone.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○