Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3859 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #67036
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I have the 'off brand' version of the moisturizer right now and I actually find that it irritates my skin :| every other week there's a day or so where it burns on my skin and makes it worse. But I spent $10 on it and don't know what to do besides use it in moderation. Some folks with skin very similar to mine had warned that Clinque broke them out really badly and caused a lot of redness across the cheeks but I cannot remember specifically what product it was D: I just recall one thing in particular seemed to cause some really bad effects on my other combo-skin friends.

Skin product recommendations are always super tough, even for people with the 'same' skin (combo,oily,dry, whatever) it's never going to be exactly the same for everyone.

Yeah, I know Clean&Clear and Neutrogena brand stuff usually irritates my skin.

I used Clinique back in high school and was fine with it.

What also sucks to buy is foundations and concealers and those things. There usually isn't a mirror in the make up section of stores like Target so I can't really compare colors to my face or even test them. I always walk out with something too light or dark. I'm also Asian and Asian skintones suuuccckkk when it comes to matching up make up. I finally went into Sephora (Sephora is down the street from me on the snazzy street of shops and things [across the street -sort of- from Victoria's Secret], Target is about a 15min walk or so. It's nice.) where the mirror and stuff was next to the storefront windows so you're able to get the natural daylight and someone else was able to put make up on me and match my face and all that.

Oh, I was totally going to pick up the GoT edition of Entertainment Weekly except there was only maybe a less than half-quarter shot of Dany and all I wanted was Dany references. So, there are only the extra shots on the website but unfortunately not high-res :c

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #67037
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Drugstore makeup is SHIT at offering a range for their products. It's inexcusably shitty. For the most part I wear tinted moisturizer when I am not in costume so what I am picking is usually something called 'fair' out of their like..shitty 4 different options of fair,medium,tan and dark.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #67038
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Drugstore makeup is SHIT at offering a range for their products. It's inexcusably shitty. For the most part I wear tinted moisturizer when I am not in costume so what I am picking is usually something called 'fair' out of their like..shitty 4 different options of fair,medium,tan and dark.
Target seems to be getting more variety these days lol. I didn't take note of the brands of the new displays they had out though. but there was a brand that had testers.

Nowadays, I use a bb cream and concealer from Smashbox @_@

Last edited by Mykaios : 03-17-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #67039
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
We had a lot of swanky fancy pants food. Which is 90% why I went. The other %10 was getting to buy a pretty outfit :P

My skin is combo, oily on my forehead and nose and dry around my mouth and on my chin with some minor redness on my cheeks.I really love the Aveeno redness reducing calming moisturizer and Target usually has sales on it but normally it's around $15 so it's not really cheap :\ but if you where thinking of something from Sephora anyway it might be cheaper >>'
I'm jealous. We don't get a lot of swanky food......D:
I am going 100% because I wanted a pretty dress, since I have no date (as of yet....I can still hope >.>) and hate dancing and am not a huge fan of most of my class at parties (wait I go to parties?)

On the skin/products topic:
I never know what to do with my skin.....if I don't moisturize, it will get very noticeably dry and hurt after I wash it, but within a few hours (quite literally) it'll be oily to the point of noticeable shine. If it's been a really long time since I've washed my face (as in showered early the night before and am pulling a late night), the oils in my skin can get in my eyes.....which is really gross. :|
But anyway, I had used Clinique products in middle school and was perfectly fine with it and actually recently went back to using it. I'm using their Acne Solutions stuff and it's working pretty well.......and the dark spot correct, but it's mad expensive. I was supposed to be sharing it with my mom but she keeps forgetting so now it's mine....

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #67040
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Heard about it a week or so back --- pretty hyped on it too. Eidos has been cranking out revival of several series yet and I haven't been disappointed so far.
To be honest, I was expecting to hear about it eventually. They'd already relaunched Deus Ex successfully, and Dishonored reminded me of Thief (I remember saying that someone could probably have moded Thi4f from it if they had enough time).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #67041
Crabcakes
Subway Boss

Quote:
How long has it been since your last communication?

If someone is coming online briefly like that I tend to assume they're not in a position to sit down and have a lengthy chat. Sometimes people have their various online accounts synced with their mobile devices like I do so it will appear as if I am constantly online but I am not :P That said I am not saying she isn't capable of just blowing you off either.
Yeah. I'm figuring she's just busy since she only seems to be on for a short bit each day. I think it's been about a week or two, but since tumblr's inbox system is so awful I can't honesty say when I spoke to her last.

Planned Cosplays
Lolita!Emmet (Pokemon Black/White)
Elesa (Pokemon Black/White)
Bianca (Pokemon Black/White)
Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
Crabcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #67042
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Target seems to be getting more variety these days lol. I didn't take note of the brands of the new displays they had out though. but there was a brand that had testers.

Nowadays, I use a bb cream and concealer from Smashbox @_@
There's a nice new foundation out at Walmart, a brand called Flower I think Drew Berrymore put out specifically for Walmart. It's a creamy foundation stick that's medium to full coverage depending on your skin 'issues', for me it's full coverage but still wears really light. Mine is called 'SF2' and is a cool toned version of their lightest color. Predictably they have only a handful of colors but it seems like the intent is to have a warm and cool toned version of the colors they do offer so that might make it easier for you to find a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I'm jealous. We don't get a lot of swanky food......D:
I am going 100% because I wanted a pretty dress, since I have no date (as of yet....I can still hope >.>) and hate dancing and am not a huge fan of most of my class at parties (wait I go to parties?)

On the skin/products topic:
I never know what to do with my skin.....if I don't moisturize, it will get very noticeably dry and hurt after I wash it, but within a few hours (quite literally) it'll be oily to the point of noticeable shine. If it's been a really long time since I've washed my face (as in showered early the night before and am pulling a late night), the oils in my skin can get in my eyes.....which is really gross. :|
But anyway, I had used Clinique products in middle school and was perfectly fine with it and actually recently went back to using it. I'm using their Acne Solutions stuff and it's working pretty well.......and the dark spot correct, but it's mad expensive. I was supposed to be sharing it with my mom but she keeps forgetting so now it's mine....
I went with a small group of friends, barely danced, and ate lots of chocolate covered food stuffs. My dress was rockin' though:

Not crazy on my hair or makeup at the time but whatevs. Also that bag was purchased the night before because I realized I had no where to put my stuff. It was $10 in the kids section at Meijers.

I have some Clinque eyeliner and that's it xD

LOOK WHAT I FINISHED :D
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #67043
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Ooooh, pretty colors, Emmers!

I love that dress. I think I remember you posting it a while back. That's actually a really cute purse/clutch/whatever thing.....I never have good luck trying to find one that matches my dress...AND THEN THEY'RE SO SMALL. Like, phone, lipstick/lipgloss, and POSSIBLY foundation fit in there. That's it.
And seriously I'm about to go ask my class president if we can have a chocolate fountain >.>

I like Clinique's eyeliner. Possibly because I've never really used anything else....

Speaking of eyeliner, I was curious about some liquid eyeliner while at Sephora and was holding the bottle kinda tilted as I took out the wand and tried it out on the back of my hand.
And then without realizing it, I was spilling it on the floor and on my Ugg boots. :|
Wouldn't come off. And now I have a few blue/green smears on my one boot...

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #67044
belligerent
Viking Metal

ballet, dresses, and makeup ugh this thread is a threat to my masculinity
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #67045
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

If it helps, Shinobi and I are the only ones that ever talk about ballet.................

You're lucky I deleted my ballet rant* from earlier.

*my other one.

Visit my Facebook page!
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #67046
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Thanks Sakura ^^ I am really happy with how it came out. Been quite a while since I did a woodburn.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #67047
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
ballet, dresses, and makeup ugh this thread is a threat to my masculinity
Watch TV for men.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #67048
belligerent
Viking Metal

I don't watch tv, dude. I just ride motorcyles, deadlift, and deadlift motorcycles.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #67049
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I don't watch tv, dude. I just ride motorcyles, deadlift, and deadlift motorcycles.
Then the TV article is for you --- it outlines TV made for you!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #67050
redsheep

Now I know why I never travel for cons. Freaking hotel drama.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote