Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3192 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #67636
Keebs
Deceptive Conceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro Akui Ryuu View Post
youd look nice in a cute pink secret embrace invisible lace.
I was thinking the same thing. It would bring out my womanly features
  • Noda - Angel Beats - 0%
  • 1st Release Ulquiorra w/ Wings - Bleach - 10%
  • Dreadknight Garen - League of Legends - 20%
  • Ash Landers w/ Wings - Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) - 100%
  • Stein - Soul Eater - 100%
  • Mugen - Samurai Champloo - 100%
Keebs is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #67637
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Luigi's Mansion didn't arrive today...that means I'll have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest. v_v

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #67638
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Does anyone have an HBO Go account they wouldn't mind sharing with me on Sunday's? PRETTY PLEASE?!
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #67639
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88
Apartment shopping in Houston! Yay!
YAY!! What area are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Houston is hummmmmmmiiiiiiiiid whoa.
Yes. Yes, it is.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #67640
belligerent
Viking Metal

Um I bought a wii and a bluray player. Now I'm in the twentieth century. I put away my neon crayola markers and everything.

Also I donated hair to locks of love. My hair is really short now, holy shit. Past shoulder length still but skjdhf.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite

Last edited by belligerent : 03-30-2013 at 07:01 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #67641
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Yep, I think my ankle is jacked from skateboarding. It looks a little swollen on the inner side and it hurts when I movie it in.
C0rvu51nku8a3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #67642
Lithium Flower
Handphones

It was fun at Brando's school today. We spent hours and hours in the intaglio print making lab and he's working on finishing one print that his teacher really wants him to submit on Tuesday for an art fair.

On the way out to his school we got breakfast and McyD's and in the parking lot was an SUV with with a 'Save the TaTas' sticker, a decal across the back window that said "DITCH the BITCH, let's go mudding!" and on the trailer hitch in the back where two baseballs looped around it.

And on the Xbox live Indie game channel we came across a game titled 'FAT' with the game description that an evil witch (who is fat) has kidnapped a 'pretty fit girl' and you have to defeat her (fat) minions.

Today is full of gems.

Also we picked up two little things for Juno for Easter tomorrow. She loves Spiderman so we got her a book of coloring pages that comes with crayons and markers. She also loves Brave and dressed up as Merida for Halloween so we got her a Merida doll as well.

At first Brando was just going to get her some generic 'princess' stuff but I know that his mom really pushes to get all that kinda stuff like princess makeup kits and what not, so I wanted us to get her something I know she can play with in a different way then the stuff she normally gets.

Seriously tho, the dolls they have out for Merida are almost all awful. I don't know if the people who make these doll's even know who the hell Merida is. Because she's always in these hideous shimmery diamond studded costumes. DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO MERIDA IS? DO YOU. -huffyface- So I went with the only Merida doll that actually had her with the bow.

The little gems on the front of her dress have toothed backings so you can take them on and off and stick them in her hair.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 03-30-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #67643
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Seriously parents, I take the bus around 10 PM - 11 PM, I SHOULDN'T be seeing your infants so regularly at this time.

Bed time god damn it, BED TIME.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #67644
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Tried the Merida costume on, it's so pretty! The one part that doesn't fit perfectly is the sleeves, which thankfully are too large instead of too small. I am not sure why we didn't get asked for measurements aside from my bicep because it's too large going through the rest of my arm. But there's a seam on the underside of the sleeve so I am hoping that it can be taken in?

The fit otherwise is like WHOA awesome. It also hits the right length on me, which I was concerned about because I am barely 5'3 :|

Here the sleeve is too large past my elbow;

Folding the fabric in a few inches you can see, with the undershirt still on and adding some bulk, my forearm is much smaller then the sleeve has been sewn. I am not sure why we didn't measure the size around my forearm and wrist or why we weren't asked. The shoulders are cut just a smidgen too loose as well.

I guess I'd rather the one issue with the size be that it's too large versus too small. It really is a beautiful costume and is lined in matching green silk. The frilly bit under the dress is actually it's own completely separate shirt that meets not quite at the line where my pants would sit and has elastic around the wrists, the neckline, and under the bust (giving it an empire waistline kinda look) with vertical ruching in the bust area. Which is kinda a cute detail but isn't seen under the dress :P

The wrist band on the undershirt is also a bit loose but I don't believe that could be taken in smaller?

UGH ITS SO PRETTTYYY.
Even with the few sizing issues, which I believe can be fixed easily, it's such a gorgeous garment and made beautifully. It's made from suede, with the silk lining, and cotton broadcloth for the undershirt. I'll have to get better pictures of it when the costume's done because what I have are admittedly crappy looking.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #67645
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Yay for Emmers! It looks really pretty. The bodice seems to fit pretty well, too.

I have been SO lazy today. Meh. Maybe I'll just go to bed because tomorrow I WILL actually need to study and get stuff done.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #67646
Platinum Rose

I'm looking forward to learning googobs about creating cosplay. I already know how to make wigs so I guess I'm starting out a little bit ahead of the game! It took me 9 hours to make my first wig!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEMH5cOpaXA
Platinum Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #67647
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Couldn't sleep last night (technically this morning) due to my friend caffeine XD I haven't slept since Friday at 9am pretty, saw 2 movies in theaters, and only thing that I had today that's somewhat helping me keep up is a 5 hour energy drink ^.^ Lol, why am I not in bed?

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #67648
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Some people just lead interesting lives.

Someone had only negative things to say about the microphone I use for auditions. I went back and listened to my previous entries. They all have a horrible hiss in the background. I don't know how to get rid of it and don't have the money for the program or new mic. Will this damage my chances for recognition? Am I screwing myself over by not having amazing equipment?

It's the poor craftsman who blames his tools.
So, do I.......do I really just...suck.....?

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile

Last edited by epicserendipity : 03-31-2013 at 03:09 AM.
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:45 AM   #67649
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Saw my uncle and his family off this morning after they spent the Easter weekend at our house. It was pretty fun, even though it seems like it went by real fast. After that my sister, my mom and I cleaned up a little bit and now i'm still awake, haha.
Later this afternoon, my mom, sister and I are going to go see G.I. Joe 2. I think my dad's also up to seeing it too.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #67650
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Tried the Merida costume on, it's so pretty!
Oh my gosh Emmers, that looks great! <3 Can't wait for more photos!
(I also think that fixing that part of the sleeve shouldn't be too hard-- it'd basically just be pulling out the lining in that spot, doing another straight stitch on the lining and then on the garment itself, and then re-attaching the lining. Totally fixable!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicserendipity View Post
It's the poor craftsman who blames his tools.
So, do I.......do I really just...suck.....?
Aw no, I'm sure you don't! If the only negative thing that these people could say was about your mic, then that means that there really wasn't anything major for them to nitpick about your performance. So good job on that part!

That being said, a new mic might be smart when you do have some extra money on your hands. For now, though, maybe see what you can do to your clips via audio editing? I'm sure that better sound programs have white noise filters to help you get rid of that background hiss.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote