Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3576 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #68461
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Different ethnicities have different kinds of hair, like african american hair tends to be very curly and coarser than european hair. Indian and Native American hair hair tends to be pretty thick while Asian is much finer. The product is basically trying to say that it works for all hair types, even the more difficult to manage ones.
It was a wrinkle cream.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #68462
Khorrupt

So, two things:

I've got this bruise the size of a tennis ball where my ankle meets my foot and it hurts like a BITCH, especially when I'm wearing shoes (and since it's been raining, I've been forced to wear Chucks). I have no idea where it came from, but it's both big and painful enough that I know I must have dropped something on my foot, but I swear I don't remember it. OUCHIE.

Also, I'm seriously considering starting ballet. I don't know what it is that made it interesting to me all of the sudden (been watching too many damn operas, perhaps?), but it's just something I've always kind of had in the back of my mind, but my mom basically discouraged dance classes when I was younger because they were a "waste of time." But yeah, I'm considering it. Hm.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #68463
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
It was a wrinkle cream.
Colour isn't the only difference when it comes to skin. Melanin levels and such and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #68464
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Gf's sister called us at 12:15 from Boston asking us to come get her because she was drunk and missed the last train home. We were ASLEEP.

It is now 1:40 and we are heading back home after circling Kneeland Street for ten mins trying to see street numbers in the rain.

God damn it, I thought law students were supposed to be smart. Not drunk and yelling in the backseat of her own car. (We used her car to get her. Make her pay for the gas)

She wants to go back to the bar she was at, she thinks she forgot something... Gf just told her no.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #68465
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Got caught singing in the shower again.
I really need my own place.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #68466
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

So odd working at a department store.

Check my bag before I leave? Girl, that's MY job.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #68467
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Wearing contacts instead of glasses today (as I've been wearing glasses for the last several months - didn't have insurance to get my eyes checked and buy more, ha ha). Everything looks weird and way too close to my face. And, woah, headache coming on.

Granted, the headache could just be from the upcoming terribleness that I predict today. I ended up being given some of the projects of the guy that left last week. He's been acting like he's totally been working on it and stuff, and our boss didn't even know some of these projects weren't actually getting done. So, now I get to send a *really* embarassing email to our India office asking them to explain the problem someone's *said* they've been doing.

Since November.

Also, I now regret updating my job history info on Monster - I've gotten two calls from consulting firms since yesterday. Wtf. I dealt with so many of those places when I was unemployed, and it's really not worth all the time you end up giving them. If they could get me a job doing something that I already know, and in my city, I'd given them more credit, but Pittsburgh drives or relocations aren't on my list of things that sound ideal...
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #68468
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Gf's sister called us at 12:15 from Boston asking us to come get her because she was drunk and missed the last train home. We were ASLEEP.

It is now 1:40 and we are heading back home after circling Kneeland Street for ten mins trying to see street numbers in the rain.

God damn it, I thought law students were supposed to be smart. Not drunk and yelling in the backseat of her own car. (We used her car to get her. Make her pay for the gas)

She wants to go back to the bar she was at, she thinks she forgot something... Gf just told her no.
Intelligence is in no way related to common sense. Spend any time at university and you realise that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #68469
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Intelligence is in no way related to common sense. Spend any time at university and you realise that.
Also see my Drew Magary quote in my sig.

ALSO FULLBLEED, FLIGHT BOOKED TO LONDON. ME AND MRS THEANARCHRIS WILL BE IN LONDON FROM SEPTEMBER 10 TOTHE 20TH, PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #68470
ShaylaTheRoo
Animal Husbandry Expert

Quote:

It may take getting completely ruined levels of drunk on a school night a few times before the lesson gets hammered in. But it will only work if she gets a hangover or experiences other negative consequences of the evening.

Otherwise, it's just "Wooo! Being drunk IS THE BEST!"
ShaylaTheRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #68471
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaTheRoo View Post
It may take getting completely ruined levels of drunk on a school night a few times before the lesson gets hammered in. But it will only work if she gets a hangover or experiences other negative consequences of the evening.

Otherwise, it's just "Wooo! Being drunk IS THE BEST!"
Sorry, but this is kind of silly statement. Lots of people choose to stop or limit their drinking for reasons other than hangovers or negative consequences of a particular evening. For example:

1. Overall health.
2. Realizing that they have just as much fun sober or with only a drink or two.
3. Disliking how their behavior changes when drunk - even if it doesn't lead to specific "negative consequences".
4. Growing out of or tiring of the bar/club scene.

There are no doubt many other reasons but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I don't know Meghan's sister so those may not apply to her. But then again, neither do you so you don't know that they don't.

Similarly, people drink for a lot of reason besides, "Wooo! Being drink IS THE BEST!"

But, yeah, it's obnoxious to get called to pick up someone who is drunk. But at least she didn't get behind the wheel of a car or have someone else who had been drinking give her a ride.

Last edited by The Hag : 04-12-2013 at 10:40 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #68472
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
It was a wrinkle cream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Colour isn't the only difference when it comes to skin. Melanin levels and such and such.
Melanin levels are what determine skin color...

Was it the Visionnaire serum? My guess would be that, because skin qualities can vary widely across ethnic backgrounds, they've tested extensively to be sure it's effective for everyone-- and probably also that it won't damage or lighten darker skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
But, yeah, it's obnoxious to get called to pick up someone who is drunk. But at least she didn't get behind the wheel of a car or have someone else who had been drinking give her a ride.
If it were a friend I'd be irritated, if it were my child I'd be furious, but above all I'd be thankful that they were getting home safe. Losing someone you care about to a drunk driver is... well, I can't even really put it into words but I'm sure people can use their imaginations if they're fortunate enough not to have had that experience.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #68473
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

The more annoying thing I forgot to mention at 2am was that Meg had a job interview today at 9, which her sister was aware of. She also turned the offer of crashing on a classmates couch because she wanted to sleep in her bed. I would have gone to get her but I have a hard time seeing in the dark and rain and meg said she wouldn't be able to sleep until I got back anyway.

If she had made the last train we could have met her at the station, and meg could have driven her home in her car. But she didn't care because she doesn't care. I wish we HAD left her in Boston. Then she would understand that there are consequences to her actions.
When she drinks she drinks too much. She doesn't understand that there are levels of drinking.

You drink less at a school function then you would at a party in your living room. Theoretically.

If you're in a city almost an hour away getting drunk on a school night (she missed school today btw. Slept thru her alarm. She expected one of us to wake her...) you catch the last damn train home.
She is 23 with no life skills of any kind
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #68474
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
If it were a friend I'd be irritated, if it were my child I'd be furious, but above all I'd be thankful that they were getting home safe. Losing someone you care about to a drunk driver is... well, I can't even really put it into words but I'm sure people can use their imaginations if they're fortunate enough not to have had that experience.
A friend who did that to me more than once or twice probably wouldn't be a friend for long. One of the few absolutes with my kids was do not get into a car with anyone who has been drinking. Call me. I will always come get you. I might be mad, but I promise not to yell at you. So far, it's never been an issue. Other family members - I know that it's enabling but when we got the drunk call, we always went. Like you said - the potential consequences of not going were too dire.

Quote:
She also turned the offer of crashing on a classmates couch because she wanted to sleep in her bed.
That was really a dick move. It's one thing to inconvience a family member if you have no other safe options, but turning one down because it's not as convenient for you as inconveniencing others? Pfffft! Maybe you should charge her. Take money from her wallet while she's sleeping it off.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #68475
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Melanin levels are what determine skin color...

Was it the Visionnaire serum? My guess would be that, because skin qualities can vary widely across ethnic backgrounds, they've tested extensively to be sure it's effective for everyone-- and probably also that it won't damage or lighten darker skin.

I don't remember exactly that it was called D: sorry. But thank you! Because that statement left me really puzzled, I'd never heard any other cosmetics company claim that their products where 'tested across multiple ethnicities' so I had no idea what they where getting at.

RE; picking up drunk people

Brandon is still pissed about the St.Patricks day prior to this passed one in which himself, Justin and myself stayed up until 3 am waiting to hear from his sister and her husband at the bar only to find out she was already home. 2 hours prior. And didn't call anyone and just texted her mom once at 1am.

We three had just come back from being out in Ann Arbor and when we came in and their mom told them about having to go pick her up (she went with her friends but her husband drove over and started drinking too so they couldn't drive) Justin looked back at Brando and I and said "We should have stayed out in Ann Arbor".

I don't think either of them ever really forgave the situation. Both of them had work in the morning if I recall.

Brando was super worried that he'd be getting calls from his mom at the apartment about picking her up again this past holiday.

It was just a bad situation all around.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote